Home

CDJ, Pastapadre to go hands-on with NCAA 09 This Week (4/24-25)

This is a discussion on CDJ, Pastapadre to go hands-on with NCAA 09 This Week (4/24-25) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #89
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CDJ, Pastapadre to go hands-on with NCAA 09 This Week (4/24-25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
he did state that the QB and Kicker "mini-games" were optional, so i guess you can turn it on/off in options if you like/dislike it.
Would be cool if you could do a mini game while the game is loading or something. Like FIFA or NBA
Old 04-24-2008, 04:56 PM   #90
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Still too many completions - whether it be to your own receiver or other team. Not seeing over or under throws. Definitely needs addressed before release.
I hope the guys there really try to impress upon the D team how important it is that this gets tuned. It may not happen because of the dreaded "Fun Factor" credo, but I hope they at least try to persuade the developers. At the very least make so that we can tune the sliders to get realistic completion results.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #91
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Even if on default settings too many passes are completed it could be fixed if the sliders actually worked. I doubt he'd have enough time to really test sliders though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #92
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

The mini-game after you throw an INT is sort of a gimmick.. I mean you can have NO IDEA what play the defense was in, but you can just guess and get it right. Not realistic to me.

As soon as I hear about the line interaction I'll be hyped.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #93
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
If DE's do not pressure the edges this year on pass plays (like they should) I'll be highly upset.
If that and a few other FOOTBALL essentials aren't in, I'm out for another year.

Last edited by BezO; 04-24-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #94
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
The mini-game after you throw an INT is sort of a gimmick.. I mean you can have NO IDEA what play the defense was in, but you can just guess and get it right. Not realistic to me.

Yeah, but remember it's risk vs reward. As I understand it getting the play wrong will mean your qb takes a hit to his composure. Imo that should be enough to deter most people from indulging in blind guesses.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #95
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

very realistic to me. so many time the ball is leaving my hand and start yelling because i just read cover two and it was a cover two man or i read man but it was a zone blitz and with bump and run. as you get better at reading coverages you'll find this pretty cool. so many times in real life the qb throws and knows as he is throwing it that he just blew it. very cool but you are right that alot people will just guess. at least its optional for people that don't know how to read coverages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #96
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
very realistic to me. so many time the ball is leaving my hand and start yelling because i just read cover two and it was a cover two man or i read man but it was a zone blitz and with bump and run. as you get better at reading coverages you'll find this pretty cool. so many times in real life the qb throws and knows as he is throwing it that he just blew it. very cool but you are right that alot people will just guess. at least its optional for people that don't know how to read coverages.
I agree. I'll probably end up using it a lot. These impressions have me excited. I really enjoyed NCAA 08, so if 09 is a nice improvement, I'll be totally satisfied.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »