Home

CDJ, Pastapadre to go hands-on with NCAA 09 This Week (4/24-25)

This is a discussion on CDJ, Pastapadre to go hands-on with NCAA 09 This Week (4/24-25) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #57
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: CDJ, Pastapadre to go hands-on with NCAA 09 This Week (4/24-25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
CDJ over at ncaastrategies said that the earliest he can post his impressions will be midnight tonight (I don't know if he meant eastern, central, etc.).

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #58
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
CDJ over at ncaastrategies said that the earliest he can post his impressions will be midnight tonight (I don't know if he meant eastern, central, etc.).
Since the event is in NY I wll bet eastern time
Old 04-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #59
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Yeah....

Too bad NO ONE will read them because OBVIOUSLY sooooo many OSers are "taking a stand against EA" and NOT getting excited about NCAA.

They ARENT going to buy it.

They ARENT going to bother with anymore NCAA nonsense on OS.......

Yeah right. There will be 500 people reading Pasta's impressions at 2am.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #60
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Someone posted these impressions on Madden Mania

Quote:
We do not have any sort of NDA, so everything I see is fair game. Currently there is no access to any online features, which is understandable. This means that info on online features will have to be asked with producers or tested on a later build of the game. We are unable to take pics or video.

Here are some quick things I've noticed. My plane was an hour+ late arriving to NYC as the pilot confused a problem with the brakes with just being stuck in a pothole. I've only been in long enough to get two games in, one versus Dave from psu.com and one versus Pasta Padre. We will be playing this some more tonight and most of tomorrow. This is just a list of quick impressions.

(This on 360 version)
- Depth Chart Bug fixed.
- Menus a lot smoother.
- No FCS or CAS, however Western Kentucky is in the game.
- HFA = More composed your QB is, the more icons he sees on the road. Seems a lot easier to call audibles/hot routes on road as compared to last-gen.
- After INTs, there is an optional "Quiz the QB" mini-game. You have three choices in which to guess the play the defense was in. Get it right to regain some composure, answer wrong and lose composure.
- There is also an optional "Ice the Kicker" mini-game, but we haven't tried it yet.
- This build of the game does not have the 'choose random play' in practice mode built in yet. (It is from April 18th.)
- Playcall selection method is different. You can use the 'highlight a play' method from 08 or hit one of four buttons to select the play.
- Player stats (last play and game) show up in lower right of screen, above the score box.
- Facemasks are in the game.
- After a TD, players can celebrate with mascot or (if available) do a team celebration. IE: Currently, Will is playing using UCF and after a TD his player looked to the crowd and made a "U" - "C" - "F" signal with his arms and appropriate crowd response.
- After a timeout, you can choose what to have your team focus on. (Similar to last-gen, but different options. I will record these down later.
- Animations are pretty good and lots of new ones added. Run animation a lot better, but their backs are still a little stiff at times. I really like the animations in terms of how they look and work. A cool one we just saw was a KR muffing the ball, picking it up, stumbling, and then falling down unable to regain his balance.
- Two new mini-games: HORSE (with kickers) and Special Teams Challenge (Keep punting back and forth until you get a TD return or in position for a FG). Not really excited about either.
- Oregon has 2 alternate jerseys.
- Player models look really good.
- Post-Game Show consists of replaying the big plays of the game. This is just like the Pontiac Game Changing Play of the Game from 08, but it shows more plays.
- We haven't replayed any plays to analyze AI, but there have been some big running plays (none to the house, however). It's weird....I feel like the game favors the offense, but the two games I played were low scoring. I'll need to play some more games to get a real feel on this. I may just be slow on figuring out what I need to do on defense.

Some big things:
- Still too many completions - whether it be to your own receiver or other team. Not seeing over or under throws. Definitely needs addressed before release.
- Gamers will want to use the Customizable Stadium Sounds & Music. There are 23 different situations that can be edited. Full list coming later.

General thoughts after two games:
- Trying to summarize what I think of NCAA 09 two games in: Imagine NCAA 08 Next-Gen and Last-Gen being locked in a room with some champagne and Barry White playing. Check back nine months later and we have NCAA 09. This game definitely seems like it has combined the two (in terms of gameplay). My initial statement won't make much sense until you guys get the game - then you'll know exactly what I mean.
- I feel more optimistic about 09 after a few games than I did about 08 after the same timeframe. However, I am concerned about the completion percentage by QBs. That's the first big red flag that is standing out. However, I think people will find this one much more enjoyable than 08.

- If I get more games in later tonight, I'll add to this thread. I hope to replay some plays to look at AI changes to the OL in greater detail and to also get into Campus Legend and Dynasty eventually as well.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #61
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i saw that. looks like the facemask penalty is finally making its debut to the 360/PS3 this year. all that sounds good, wish they were allowed to get videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #62
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

did you guys see this?

Quote:
We do not have any sort of NDA, so everything I see is fair game. Currently there is no access to any online features, which is understandable. This means that info on online features will have to be asked with producers or tested on a later build of the game. We are unable to take pics or video.

Here are some quick things I've noticed. My plane was an hour+ late arriving to NYC as the pilot confused a problem with the brakes with just being stuck in a pothole. I've only been in long enough to get two games in, one versus Dave from psu.com and one versus Pasta Padre. We will be playing this some more tonight and most of tomorrow. This is just a list of quick impressions.

(This on 360 version)
- Depth Chart Bug fixed.
- Menus a lot smoother.
- No FCS or CAS, however Western Kentucky is in the game.
- HFA = More composed your QB is, the more icons he sees on the road. Seems a lot easier to call audibles/hot routes on road as compared to last-gen.
- After INTs, there is an optional "Quiz the QB" mini-game. You have three choices in which to guess the play the defense was in. Get it right to regain some composure, answer wrong and lose composure.
- There is also an optional "Ice the Kicker" mini-game, but we haven't tried it yet.
- This build of the game does not have the 'choose random play' in practice mode built in yet. (It is from April 18th.)
- Playcall selection method is different. You can use the 'highlight a play' method from 08 or hit one of four buttons to select the play.
- Player stats (last play and game) show up in lower right of screen, above the score box.
- Facemasks are in the game.
- After a TD, players can celebrate with mascot or (if available) do a team celebration. IE: Currently, Will is playing using UCF and after a TD his player looked to the crowd and made a "U" - "C" - "F" signal with his arms and appropriate crowd response.
- After a timeout, you can choose what to have your team focus on. (Similar to last-gen, but different options. I will record these down later.
- Animations are pretty good and lots of new ones added. Run animation a lot better, but their backs are still a little stiff at times. I really like the animations in terms of how they look and work. A cool one we just saw was a KR muffing the ball, picking it up, stumbling, and then falling down unable to regain his balance.
- Two new mini-games: HORSE (with kickers) and Special Teams Challenge (Keep punting back and forth until you get a TD return or in position for a FG). Not really excited about either.
- Oregon has 2 alternate jerseys.
- Player models look really good.
- Post-Game Show consists of replaying the big plays of the game. This is just like the Pontiac Game Changing Play of the Game from 08, but it shows more plays.
- We haven't replayed any plays to analyze AI, but there have been some big running plays (none to the house, however). It's weird....I feel like the game favors the offense, but the two games I played were low scoring. I'll need to play some more games to get a real feel on this. I may just be slow on figuring out what I need to do on defense.

Some big things:
- Still too many completions - whether it be to your own receiver or other team. Not seeing over or under throws. Definitely needs addressed before release.
- Gamers will want to use the Customizable Stadium Sounds & Music. There are 23 different situations that can be edited. Full list coming later.

General thoughts after two games:
- Trying to summarize what I think of NCAA 09 two games in: Imagine NCAA 08 Next-Gen and Last-Gen being locked in a room with some champagne and Barry White playing. Check back nine months later and we have NCAA 09. This game definitely seems like it has combined the two (in terms of gameplay). My initial statement won't make much sense until you guys get the game - then you'll know exactly what I mean.
- I feel more optimistic about 09 after a few games than I did about 08 after the same timeframe. However, I am concerned about the completion percentage by QBs. That's the first big red flag that is standing out. However, I think people will find this one much more enjoyable than 08.

- If I get more games in later tonight, I'll add to this thread. I hope to replay some plays to look at AI changes to the OL in greater detail and to also get into Campus Legend and Dynasty eventually as well.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #63
Rookie

Gamecocks625's Arena

OVR: 4

I hope they get impressions of the PS3 version.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #64
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Yeah....

Too bad NO ONE will read them because OBVIOUSLY sooooo many OSers are "taking a stand against EA" and NOT getting excited about NCAA.

They ARENT going to buy it.

They ARENT going to bother with anymore NCAA nonsense on OS.......

Yeah right. There will be 500 people reading Pasta's impressions at 2am.
I'll be reading and looking at everything any chance I get

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »