Home

PSU vs WVU

This is a discussion on PSU vs WVU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #89
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: PSU vs WVU

I agree about the HUM pass defense (those players that you don't user control). It reminds me of EA's FIFA 08. The CPU controlled players on your team react slowly or are dumbed down to allow the CPU to appear to be better offensively. The good thing is we can always adjust DAWR, Knockdowns and QB Accuracy or WR catching.

Overall, the game looks good to me.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #90
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
The good thing is we can always adjust DAWR, Knockdowns and QB Accuracy or WR catching.

Overall, the game looks good to me.
True, but out of the box so far not looking good, have to see more vids to get better impression, other wise really liking the game.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #91
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
True, but out of the box so far not looking good, have to see more vids to get better impression, other wise really liking the game.
the QBs were too accurate in '08 out of the box as well. after adjusting sliders, the cpu and me both are averaging around 66% comp. pct. I'm not worried about it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #92
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

When is the next community Day??
Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #93
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
When is the next community Day??
Funny you should ask, it's coming up this Thurs-Fri..

http://www.pastapadre.com/

The schedule:
Thurs morning-NCAA
Thurs afternoon-NFLHC
Thurs evening-attendees can play NCAA or NFLHC
Friday-Madden

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-27-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #94
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Funny you should ask, it's coming up this Thurs-Fri..

http://www.pastapadre.com/

The schedule:
Thurs morning-NCAA
Thurs afternoon-NFLHC
Thurs evening-attendees can play NCAA or NFLHC
Friday-Madden

I knew it was soon, thanks....I hope we get some good stuff/news out of there. Because some doubts are starting to creep back into my head with this game
Old 05-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #95
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. I don't think any game has really made me feel like I'm playing a different style of player before. Most games cater to the power back or the speed back and the players all run the same way (some just faster). I would love to see a more personalized approach to positions and that definately includes QB.

I really hope EA starts to add different animations for QB releases so we see different throwing motions. They also need to add QB ratings for quick release and short vs. deep accuracy ratings. Imagine how much different recruiting would be if you focused on the short, quick thrower vs. the big and slow power armed QB? That would truly be great.

I'm surprised nobody included the original link and write-up. I saw this on the sportsgamer forums. Note that he says you can turn off "ice the kicker". He also states the game is slower than last year which is opposite of what everyone else has said so far. He does mention the pass rushing is tough on defense. NCAA '08 was lousy on the default settings imo. The cpu OL pass blocked way better than mine. Anyway, here is the write-up.

vetzballin.com - NEW NCAA 09 BETA GAMEPLAY VIDEOS & IMPRESSIONS - WEST VIRGINIA @ PENN STATE
We've just posted a full beta gameplay video from NCAA Football 09 which features a matchup between the West Virginia Mountaineers @ The Penn State Nittany Lions. I also got to witness the ice the kicker feature near the end of the fourth quarter. It was pretty cool, but I can see it may seem a bit cheesy to some, thankfully EA does give us the option to turn it off if you don't like it. For details on this wild four overtime game click HERE

A couple of things I took note of while playing:

- The computer seems to be a much tougher challenge this year on the All American difficulty.

- The amount of interceptions thrown by the computer seems to have been toned down from last year. I didn't have any games where I returned 3 or 4 to the house. Something that was common in 08.

- The vast number of fumbles that we endured in NCAA 08 has seem to be toned down this year. In four games played so far, I've only had one fumble.

- The graphics have received a nice upgrade. The grass textures look very nice as do the player models.

- The left stick stutter steps are a nice addition. When you couple them with the existing jukes that are on the right stick, you can pull off some pretty sick moves.

- No depth chart lag when making subs

- Still seemed hard to generate any kind of pass rush with my defensive line. Although the computer had no problem putting my QB on his back from their d-line pressure.

- The overall game speed seems just right, maybe a tad bit slower thanlast year.

- The jury is still out on whether there are more penalties called this year. I have seen some facemask penalties called though, including the dreaded 15-yard one when that animation kicks in with your guy getting dragged down by the mask.

Overall the game is a major improvement over NCAA 08. Enjoy the vids!

His words are pretty much supported by what we saw in the videos. I think I will probably make a half a dozen or so slider adjustments and be good to go for the duration.

Assuming of course that Heisman is still a boosted attribute level for the CPU instead of a level with superior strategy and execution.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #96
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

the cpu completion % doesn't concern me yet because none of the sliders have been touched, at least not to my knowledge. Once I play the retail version and if the cpu completion % is still high and adjusting sliders doesn't fix it, then I'll be worried. Until then, all is good.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »