Home

NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!!

This is a discussion on NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #417
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!!

Guys when doing in home visits? Should you be pitching your schools strong points or pitching what the recruit is interested in?

Obviously if you strong in both you'd pitch what your good at if he likes that too.....but what do you do if your school sucks at everything ot he hates what your school has thats good?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #418
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Guys when doing in home visits? Should you be pitching your schools strong points or pitching what the recruit is interested in?

Obviously if you strong in both you'd pitch what your good at if he likes that too.....but what do you do if your school sucks at everything ot he hates what your school has thats good?
For offical visits i match up his two VH and his Most. for the in home visit, i try to do the same unless there is a big difference in that case, i look for something that's high in his perspective that i'm decent at, it really comes down to a judgement call on your end.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #419
Rookie

Jobe111's Arena

OVR: 4

Alright the quick and easy way to build a 1 or 2* program through recruiting

First off chose a program in a general easy to recruit in area (FIU, Ark St, North Texas, WKU)

Add the best 5 players that have any interest to your program as the first 5 recruits on your recruiting board. Also add at least 5 recruits that have you as #1 in preseason recruiting at the very bottom of your board

The first week of your season spend an hour and send a scholarship to the top 5. Use the bare minimum and send a scholarship to the bottom 5 on your list (Usually one or two will commit immediately, rest will come in offseason)

Throughout the season, spend an hour on the top 5 recruits and evenly spread the rest of the time out between your players. You should get at least 4 of your top 5 recruits.

I've taken schools like Army and WKU to National Championships, without playing more that two games a year, in around 5 years.

Simple

We just wait for our turn to speak.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #420
Rookie

Osubucks28's Arena

OVR: 4

it matters where you rank the player on the board right? like number one likes it more than if her were number 13...am i not correct?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #421
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osubucks28
it matters where you rank the player on the board right? like number one likes it more than if her were number 13...am i not correct?
Most definitely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #422
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I have had a kid come to a game where I was playing the other team as well who was #2 and I KILLED them yet the other team jumped me and he was soft verballed to them. I was so pissed that I took his scholly offer away and wished him well getting his butt kicked for 4 years against me in the future. You don't want Michigan, then Michigan doesn't want you!

That's awesome, post of the day as far as i'm concerned!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #423
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnowman8
That's awesome, post of the day as far as i'm concerned!
Funny stuff -fthat guy!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #424
Rookie

OVR: 2

@KeyserSoze: Michigan doesn't need that Minnesota rivalry game for a visit because they have 2 other conference rivalry games and one non-conference that you can schedule for week 4 or wherever you prefer to get your visits done.

Not to mention the 6* prestige and all excellent/elite school ratings.

/OT
However, there are a few things I have seen reading through all 43 or so pages of this thread that I can confirm from my own experience.

1. Only offer a scholarship when you are 1st int (unless you can't seem to budge -- or possibly offering on the same week as the upcoming visit to prime him to commit?)
2. Manual calls and quick calls are both viable methods because of how predictable quick calls are and how efficient manual calling can be. I have found that by quick calling recruits for 30-40 minutes for a week or two, and manual calling just on the week of the visit, I had enough pitches unlocked or time to unlock them and to get 3 very high/most visit. This results in an A visit against a conference opponent and A+ against a rival opponent I believe.

The most interesting phenomenon involving the quick calls is that in the first 2 weeks of using it you can generally unlock pitches, but beyond that it seems like it will always be going for interest gains even though their best pitches aren't unlocked. This usually isn't a problem that one week of manual calling can't solve, I just wonder when the randomness of CPU calling that involves swaying comes into play and how to avoid it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »