Home

Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

This is a discussion on Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

Maybe there's a learning curve you guys aren't willing to go through. Or maybe you're just not very good. How come I see so many complaints about dump-off passes when college football is full of little inside dump off passes? How come I hear of people not being able to stop the CPU? I've yet to lose to the CPU in AA (only played 5 games though). Online I'm something like 4-11 but that's been against mostly top 25 teams using only Rice. The int's are plenty, but they are going down - to me it feels more realistic. The only areas where I seee the need for improvement right away are on returns - too much running room for returners, especially on punts. I just hope they release a patch asap to fix any identified issues, bugs, or freezes, online dynasty problems, and the roster bug. Fine tuning gameplay would be a bonus.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #10
Rookie

footballfanatic1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Nothing wrong with playing Choops. Those guys new how to make a patch. It fixed nearly all of the glaring problems, and that from a crew that wasn't even going to be around to make a 2k9.
I can't express in words how disappointed I am that there won't be a 2K9. I can only imagine the improvements they would have made with another year on "Current Gen". How realistic is it that CH2K might make a return? Any chance?

I'm going to make the transition to NBA this year, but I've always been a college guy and CH was the best basketball game I've ever played.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

We fixed 2 recruiting exploits
Fixed a rare online desynch
Added half time highlights
Changed custom sounds so you can hear your opponent's while on the road
Fixed the exploit that custom sounds will tip you off when your opponent is going to fake punt/kick on 4th down
That's all I can remember off the top of my head. There are some others but I don't have the patch list in front of me as I'm posting at home right now.

Not anywhere, on any board, have I heard ONE SINGLE complaint about any this. Makes perfect sense that they would "fix" that stuff. As I said before, EA just doesn't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfanatic1
I can't express in words how disappointed I am that there won't be a 2K9. I can only imagine the improvements they would have made with another year on "Current Gen". How realistic is it that CH2K might make a return? Any chance?
Saddest day of my videogame life, even more than when MVP Baseball or NFL 2K went under.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-24-2008, 01:50 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I think 99% of us want to know.

1) D-line getting looked at?
2) CPU QB going deep getting looked at?
3) Tighter Pass coverage getting looked at?
4) Sliders getting fixed? (has been stated)
5) Robo Qb getting fixed?
Old 07-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #14
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfanatic1
I've reached the point where I won't even play the game unless there's a patch. I SuperSim defense because it's simply not fun getting 10-15 yard dump off passes thrown on you all game.

I guess it's back to College Hoops 2K8.
You need to start working on your game and learn how to use defensive adjustments and hot routes. I have been able to completely shut down the cpu some games (holding under 100 yards on offense), and 3 points max. Make adjustments when you move up to the line, and don't be afraid to blitz. Sorry defense isn't automatically played for you this season like the last 3 years of next gen football.

I love college hoops, but how do you complain about NCAA 09, when CH has just as many ai issues (does 80% 1st half cpu field goal % ring a bell?), how about the fact that certain traps and presses cause the cpu ai to automatically throw the ball away.

All sports games will have ai issues, just learn how to adapt to them. NCAA 09 D takes some time to adapt to, but once you learn it you can dominate. Probably the most fun on D I've had in an NCAA game ever.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #15
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
You know what sucks about that is you already spend 60 on NCAA then you have to buy another game from the same company that sold you the incomplete junk game. And there is no guarantee that Madden won't be the same glitchy mess that it was last year. As football gamers we are getting screwed.
Well way I look at it was $60 NCAA $90 madden CE (sorry I want HC bad) thats $150
If I return NCAA for Madden I'm getting Madden for $50 so thats $110. It's not perfect, in a perfect world I could return a console game for refund or credit.

As far as Madden goes, I've heard from several people I trust that it is good. I'm not talking about "community leaders" either, I wouldn't listen to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think 99% of us want to know.

1) D-line getting looked at?
2) CPU QB going deep getting looked at?
3) Tighter Pass coverage getting looked at?
4) Sliders getting fixed? (has been stated)
5) Robo Qb getting fixed?
They've mentioned they are looking at some of these things: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sponse-ea.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »