Home

Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 04:33 PM   #33
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I guess what kills me is that most of you buy the game year after year and bitch about the same thing! When does it become your fault?

In this very thread people have said that 08 was a disaster and people who bought it deserve a refund. That EA hasnt produced a quality football game on next gen among other things. All of you bought a game knowing that EA has a bad track record w/ football but its all EA's fault? I bought the game and while I have fun with it, I see there are a few bugs. The difference is I expected this because thats what happens when you buy a EA football game.
I gave up buying madden after 2005. I'm on the verge of giving up on ncaa depending on what the patch does and what the focus is on next year. I bought this year based on last year being a decent game with only one major flaw, the cpu threw too many picks. I felt if they could just fix that and that alone, and touch nothing else, I'd be happy. The problem is other areas suffered this year.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:35 PM   #34
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Hey Phobia and the rest of the Sunshine pumping crew....

That's great that you love the game.

That's great that you think it's perfect in every detail.

That's great that you are so incredibly awesome at the game that you get pressure on every play using Akron's Second String D line against USC "just because you want to make it harder because I'm so good I score at will and stop every team in my path".

That's great that you think folks who have issues with the game are "whiners".

But honestly, if you don't have anything more than FLAMES to bash folks who DO have issues with the game.

I'd suggest two things...

1. Hit ignore and don't listen to us "whiners".

2. STAY THE HELL OUT OF ANY THREADS THAT HAVE ISSUES WITH THE GAME.

Have a nice day.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:35 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
I see your point, but for $60, we not only deserve a better product every year, but we deserve a product that plays a good game of football. If I want an insane amount of offense, I will play NFL Street or something. NCAA and Madden should be the sim-oriented games and they need to make sure that on day one these games are as good as possible and if that means postponing them a while, so be it.

NCAA and Madden have always been arcade oriented (not sim) when it comes to gameplay. Thats why you can throw off your back foot and on the run with ease. Thats why there are a ton of huge hits and long bombs in most versions of the series. This wide open gameplay is just another version of arcade football that EA wants.

Also everyone loves to say that "For 60 bucks, we deserve X." Was I the only one spending 40 and 50 bucks for arcadey and buggy versions of NCAA and Madden back in the Playstation days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #36
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I dont know if i agree with that. If they didnt care...they wouldnt waste time and manpower releasing patches. They would just leave the game as is and start working on '10. The problem is they are more concerned with releasing the game on its street date than releasing the game bug free. Most companies would have pushed the date back to fix the roster bug and kick coverage but ea has to hit its release dates.
Most companies? Really?

What I'm about to ask is a totally serious question-can anyone give me some examples of licensed sports console titles that have had their release pushed back? I'm thinking that just doesn't happen, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
I was being facetious with the refund comment, I thought that was obvious as it was a bit hyperbolic. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

What is our choice though? Don't play football? It's my favorite sport, I'm going to do what I can to play it. Sure we complain, though in here I think everyone is respectful for the most part, and does so in an intelligent manner, but honestly, as consumers, we have a right to. All we want is a darn good playing football game, I don't think thats too much to ask for.

Yes! Dont play football! Save your 60 bucks! Hit EA where it hurts! I havent purchased a baseball game in years because I dont have a PS3 and 2k's recent games have sucked. Basketball is my favorite sport but I didnt buy a NBA game in 06 because Live sucked and 2k didnt have a feature I wanted. Its not that hard.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
I guess what kills me is that most of you buy the game year after year and bitch about the same thing! When does it become your fault? .
I'm not hard to please. All I ask for is working sliders. I don't really care about the bugs in the game, as long as I can adjust sliders to make the CPU compete. Who actually thought that they would release a game, and forget to test the damn sliders? That's like me selling a guitar, and removing one of the main pick ups first. I'd be fired.

Sure, I'd love to see my lineman continue on getting a clear sack, instead of doubling back like an idiot - but I'm not complaining about that. To me, it's a small issue. If I had even considered that they would be dumb enough to release a game, without working sliders, believe me, I wouldn't have even rented this pile of garbage. Now, for those of us who didn't even consider such a mistake was even possible, we have to depend on these same people to actually fix it. I'm not so confident in their ability to do so, even though I have been supportive via PM, when I'd like to say a few other things.

Yeah. It's my fault the sliders don't work.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
I guess what kills me is that most of you buy the game year after year and bitch about the same thing! When does it become your fault?

In this very thread people have said that 08 was a disaster and people who bought it deserve a refund. That EA hasnt produced a quality football game on next gen among other things. All of you bought a game knowing that EA has a bad track record w/ football but its all EA's fault? I bought the game and while I have fun with it, I see there are a few bugs. The difference is I expected this because thats what happens when you buy a EA football game.
THANK YOU!

How and when did some of these people come to expect a perfect tactical football game from EA?

You have to know going in that there is going to be some strange stuff going on........and you can either deal with it and have fun or just not like the game.

I think it's a complete joke how hyped some of the well known posters here were and now are flipping their sh** because there is no pass rush or the DB AI is sloppy. EA football games just aren't for you, come to your senses! I don't know how we went from NCAA 2004 which had problems just as bad as '09 though everyone calls it the greatest, to expecting a perfect game now.

EA does not make a perfect football sim, they try to make fun games..........if you can't live with that, DO NOT buy the game!

And I swear if I see AA and others around here next year hyping 2010, I'll go off.

Last edited by NC State-31 UNC-27; 07-31-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

I agree that I need to take the blame for buying this game....BUT...The demo misrepresented the gameplay on kickoffs and none of the bugs were apparant in the demo and things like the pass rush we were told was being worked on. On top of that, I feel that besides the pass rush, the slider issue is huge. It wasn't figured out until days later that the sliders were completely busted. Even if I had rented the game, I wouldn't have have found that in the first 2 days.

If this was a car, it would be recalled, plain and simple. I guess thats why we are getting a patch.

Another thing that grinds my gears is that this board has become so Pro EA that I bought into, "This Game Is SICK!" hype and that "there is nothing wrong with this games, everyone's enjoying it" that I broke and bought the game.

Lesson learned, I'll take the blame, but I'll also voice my opinion on the flaws to make sure others who have not bought the game are well informed on their decision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »