Home

Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Excellent review. I agree with it 100%, which is why I've started a dynasty on the PS2 version.
So have I and I'm having a blast. It's much improved over last year's version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I agree with everything he said. It didn't appear he gave the game a score, but I'd say its a dismal 3.5 out of 10. When you put all the glaring issues infront of you, you really have to question how/why? EA let this game out the door.
It's the best football I've played in years, I would give it an 8, bugs and all.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Most companies? Really?

What I'm about to ask is a totally serious question-can anyone give me some examples of licensed sports console titles that have had their release pushed back? I'm thinking that just doesn't happen, but I could be wrong.

College Hoops a few years back. March Madness has done it. Live did it I think once in the PC/XBOX/PS2 years. Sony did it with NBA 06 (or maybe 05) also. Its been done by EA, Sony and 2k.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardofspock
It's the best football I've played in years, I would give it an 8, bugs and all.
So you are saying that years ago they made better football games. I agree.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:43 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor

Yeah. It's my fault the sliders don't work.
Read the entire post before responding. The post was directed at people who claim the game has sucked every year but continue to buy it every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 04:43 PM   #46
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes! Dont play football! Save your 60 bucks! Hit EA where it hurts! I havent purchased a baseball game in years because I dont have a PS3 and 2k's recent games have sucked. Basketball is my favorite sport but I didnt buy a NBA game in 06 because Live sucked and 2k didnt have a feature I wanted. Its not that hard.
Well, that's your prerogative, but I prefer to play football, warts and all, and press for improvement. Even with all the problems, the game is a fix or two away from being fantastic and thats what frustrates many of us. We look at the game and see so much potential that is just barely missed.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:44 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I guess what kills me is that most of you buy the game year after year and bitch about the same thing! When does it become your fault?

In this very thread people have said that 08 was a disaster and people who bought it deserve a refund. That EA hasnt produced a quality football game on next gen among other things. All of you bought a game knowing that EA has a bad track record w/ football but its all EA's fault? I bought the game and while I have fun with it, I see there are a few bugs. The difference is I expected this because thats what happens when you buy a EA football game.
You keep this up and they might have to ban you for using things like, logic.

People had their shot with APF2K8, the ultimate simulation, what did that thing sell? I know it was not enough to see APF2K9. The last Blitz game blew it away in sales. Maybe that is what some of you cat's need to get through your head. The majority of the people who buy Madden and NCAA seem to be happy with it and they keep going back for more. The competition struggles to compete, even when they practically give the game away (2K5 - $19.99). Does this not tell you anything, that YOU are in the extreme minority? That fun > sim and therefore a balance between these things must be made.

Maybe for some of you it is time to hang up the controller, or take up programming to make the game you want to see. Show em how it's done. I think you will find out it is not as easy as it is cracked up to be, especially if you want to make money.

Every year it is the same people with the same complaining, as if somehow NCAA09 is not a better product than 08 or 07. Just like any group, the ones the complain the loudest and the most, are usually the smallest % of the pie. Just a few more weeks and the little group will trot over to Madden forum and yell the loudest there.

Oh and to stewaat, waaaaaaaahhhhhh, someone has the audacity to enjoy a Football game made by EA.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
So you are saying that years ago they made better football games. I agree.
For the time? Probably, but NCAA 2004 is certainly not a better game than 2009. I would just call counter play out of I form and it was a touchdown, not to mention the AI didn't defend the curl or drag routes for crap then, either!!!!

I understand being annoyed by the AI, but some of things we have now are flat out amazing....the graphics, the stadium detail, stadium sounds, 60 year in depth dynasty, EA Sports Highlight World, etc.....these things are just taken for granted now, like they got no credit for having them? Come on, everyone is always b******* about features and stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »