Home

Cuttting/Transfers

This is a discussion on Cuttting/Transfers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Cuttting/Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
That's a lot of work, but I like that idea.
It doesn't have to be all that time consuming. I printed out a spreadsheet will all the ratings listed. I just fill in the numbers and some other things like Ht, Wt, etc...

A players appearence can be pretty time consuming, but unless you have an actual player in mind like Nick Sheridan, mentioned in the first post, and are looking for absolute accuracy, I don't worry about it on cpu generated players that I cut.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:43 PM   #10
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Player cuts has been one of the fundamental flaws in the NCAA series for years. So much talent gets released by the CPU and vanishes every year, especially at the RB position. This would go a long way in fixing the competetive balance if these cut players could walk-on somewhere that needs bodies.
Yes, I have to admit this is pretty lousy. The rub here is that it has ALWAYS worked this way since recruiting was added to the game. While it COULD be fixed, it would require a lot of work and it is hard to justify a big investment in changing something that we have always done.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yes, I have to admit this is pretty lousy. The rub here is that it has ALWAYS worked this way since recruiting was added to the game. While it COULD be fixed, it would require a lot of work and it is hard to justify a big investment in changing something that we have always done.
Just make sure the CPU recruits properly then...thanks!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 03:45 PM   #12
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

I also have to admit to exploiting this sort of in my dynasty. I'll recruit players that I know I will cut to keep other teams from getting their hands on them and using them against me!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

I understand that time and money always rule the day, but having a very important(IMO) part of the game continue to be fundamentally flawed means that this game will always be much less then it could be.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I understand that time and money always rule the day, but having a very important(IMO) part of the game continue to be fundamentally flawed means that this game will always be much less then it could be.
I agree...I think this could be fixed by simply not allowing the CPU to over-recruit.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
While it IS important, it wouldn't rank that high on my list of things to rework.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 06:13 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
While it IS important, it wouldn't rank that high on my list of things to rework.
Theres alot of things that need to be reworked, and there is more and more every year. Usually everytime a new game mode is added, or new feature in the dynasty mode is added, something gets screwed up. IMO, before adding anything new, you should fix everything, streching from gameplay to recruiting to cpu gameplay calling(i consider the cutting and transferring problem a fixing issue, as well as I do the whole experience and set up in Campus Legend mode, you totally messed it up this year). Once everything is fixed, then you add the new features, like an AD Mode.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »