Home

Is the dreaded "Greased Pig Animation" still in NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Is the dreaded "Greased Pig Animation" still in NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Is the dreaded "Greased Pig Animation" still in NCAA 10?

Solidice, thanks for the videos. But in the second on with TAMU, thats just how we attempted to tackle last year.

But on a serious note I agree with AA I would love to see this animation go.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 04-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Solidice, thanks for the videos. But in the second on with TAMU, thats just how we attempted to tackle last year.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sounds like you guys just don't like "missed tackles" but that's part of the game. Each of those videos that you posted, Solidice, I have seen very similar things happen in real life.

It always cracks me up when people start saying how fake and broken the defense is when there are missed tackles and dropped passes. Don't these people watch college football? That is just part of the game.

Now, if it is happening too much that is another thing. But I know as far as the "greased pig" animation goes, that happens when you try to go for the strip (which makes you go for an arm tackle and be off balance like that). It never happens if you just go for a regular tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Sounds like you guys just don't like "missed tackles" but that's part of the game. Each of those videos that you posted, Solidice, I have seen very similar things happen in real life.

It always cracks me up when people start saying how fake and broken the defense is when there are missed tackles and dropped passes. Don't these people watch college football? That is just part of the game.

Now, if it is happening too much that is another thing. But I know as far as the "greased pig" animation goes, that happens when you try to go for the strip (which makes you go for an arm tackle and be off balance like that). It never happens if you just go for a regular tackle.
It happens all the time when going for a regular tackle.

Yes missed tackles are part of the game, but those aren't missed tackles. That is an animation that does not represent anything that could happen on the football field.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

but the ball carrier doesnt even get touched so why does he wiggle? and why does my guy fall over himself? irl he would grab his jersey and be dragged, lose his grip, make the tackle by pulling him down or hold on long enough for help d to come

Old 04-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #14
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

I wish I could find one of my videos I saved, it featured 1 player trying to tackle the same ball carrier 5 times on the same play. the ball carrier was a DT who picked up a fumble, my fast WR tried to tackle him, "Greased pig animation" happen, he stumbled, rolled on the ground, got back up and proceeded to repeat those steps 4 more time until the DT scored. was an ugly, ugly sight.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Old 04-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

HAHA!!!
You're pretty funny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #16
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:

so when was the last time you have seen this in a real-life game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »