Home

Is the dreaded "Greased Pig Animation" still in NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Is the dreaded "Greased Pig Animation" still in NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #49
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is the dreaded "Greased Pig Animation" still in NCAA 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I'll double that!
Russ is about to get fat on some girl scout cookies. Cheers
Old 04-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #50
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
You have seen a missed tackle in real life that leads to a speed burst by the ball carrier?
I thought we were talking about the animation not the after affects.

Yes, obviously a speed burst isn't realistic. If anything its probably supposed to give reason as to why that defender missed the tackle, which is stupid because it should be the other way around. But as I said before, I think that the actual animation is realistic in small doses.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #51
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-KarfZQGc

this is from UGA's 09-10 spring game. watch the play that starts at around the 2:40-2:45 area. the guy takes a good angle but gets left reaching at air. if we have to have this animation thats what it should look like. i was actually watching the game when it happened

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #52
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Sounds like you guys just don't like "missed tackles" but that's part of the game. Each of those videos that you posted, Solidice, I have seen very similar things happen in real life.

It always cracks me up when people start saying how fake and broken the defense is when there are missed tackles and dropped passes. Don't these people watch college football? That is just part of the game.

Now, if it is happening too much that is another thing. But I know as far as the "greased pig" animation goes, that happens when you try to go for the strip (which makes you go for an arm tackle and be off balance like that). It never happens if you just go for a regular tackle.

I'm with you man. I think those missed tackles are great and needed. Not to score but to keep it real. What they need to do is have the "D" play better man, play better zone, that stuff. Those broken tackles do happen in the game with bad angles or just missing the tackle and yes, people cry and pee their pants about keeping it real and then they take that out and then its..."OMFG YOU CANNOT BREAK A TACKLE IN THIS GAME IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!" Whaaa whaaa whaaa....
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #53
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
If you got that garbage removed....I'll send you christmas card...with a box of cookies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I'll double that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
Russ is about to get fat on some girl scout cookies. Cheers
Christmas in July?! Now I can't wait for the 14th either!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Christmas in July?! Now I can't wait for the 14th either!
Can we get some nuggets instead of lurker post? Not being mean but i'm saying.You guys drop a month before madden and we cant get some tid bits? Like are you playing the game right now or did you just fix something? Lot of things being discussed on the ncaa boards. Doesnt have to be big blog stuff just maybe some tuning info. I need to see that confidence that Ian is showing for madden10 from you guys so I can be confident in your product.

Last edited by Maximus205; 04-14-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #55
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
Can we get some nuggets instead of lurker post? Not being mean but i'm saying.You guys drop a month before madden and we cant get some tid bits? Like are you playing the game right now or did you just fix something? Lot of things being discussed on the ncaa boards. Doesnt have to be big blog stuff just maybe some tuning info. I need to see that confidence that Ian is showing for madden10 from you guys so I can be confident in your product.
He said they're aware of the greased pig and it has been addressed, is that not a nugget?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 7

Thank you Mr. Kiniry. I've lost countless games due to that animation. This alone has me foaming at the mouth for NCAA 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »