Home

NCAA 10 vs Madden, EA and other issues.

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 vs Madden, EA and other issues. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 10 vs Madden, EA and other issues.

I don't know what kind of time table EA is working with for the completion of NCAA, but to me it would make more sense to release the game later in the year. Maybe mid-August or maybe after the first week of the season, that way they would have more time to work on formation subs, or get the rosters as close to accurate as possible or whatever else. Mid-July always seemed early to me since the season doesn't usually start till the end of August. Maybe it's not possible and the time frame for development is fixed.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Doesn't Madden already have formation subs in? Couldn't you just steal from them?

How is it that the Madden team found time to get them in and the NCAA team didn't?
If Season Showdown took 300-500 hours of development time then your NCAA team worked on the wrong thing.
do you have reading issues? he said formation subs takes 300-500 not season showdown
Old 05-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
do you have reading issues? he said formation subs takes 300-500 not season showdown
I 100% guarantee SS took more than that, so in essence we could of had formation subs and even more stuff if they wouldn't have left the **** that is season showdown out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #36
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeve
Easy or tough to put in, formation subs should be in the game by now. As should custom playbooks. These are basic features that we already had in lastgen, and it's astounding that they're not by year 4 of nextgen.

Whether I'm a programming genius or an incompetent fool, the above is a trivial observation.
And as stated on the first page the game data on the disc is the same size on the 360 and ps3 as it was on the xbox and ps2. And the games require more resources graphiclly. So it is damn near impossible to have everything in a ps2/ xbox game plus the upgrade in graphics or anything else.

We are not in a true next generation from a size of code and data stand point. All the games they make on the 360 they could make almost exactly the same on an xbox/ps2 from a size of the game stand point. Its not completely that simple but to make the point they took a full dvd from a ps2/xbox and you want them to make a better game using the same size dvd. The flip side of that is it would take 4, 360 game discs to have all the data and code from 1 MLB the Show game disc.

The ps3 is next generation because it allows for 3x as much game code/ data on a single disc as does the 360 / xbox / ps2.

Do you guys know how good the games would be right now if Microsoft had put a bluray or hd dvd in as the main disc drive in the 360? We would be way ahead of what we have now.

You could put Nfl 2k5, Ncaa 09, and Madden 09 on the same bluray disc that MLB the Show is on. Thats why MLB the Show is so good. The game data/code is 3x what they can put on a 360 / xbox/ ps2 dvd disc.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo9000
I 100% guarantee SS took more than that, so in essence we could of had formation subs and even more stuff if they wouldn't have left the **** that is season showdown out of the game.
I don't agree at all. Obviously this something only a dev could answer, but I don't think it did because there's already a template in place to work off.

also, you can't call it **** when someone's paying you a boatload of cash for it

Last edited by moylan1234; 05-26-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #38
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I can 100% guarantee you don't know what the hell your talking about. From a program stand point half of season showdown is already in the code from 09 and most of the rest is done online and not on your system or disc.
Thats the problem with these forums, dudes that don't know what the F they are talking about post sh!t that confirms their lack of knowledege. Are you a programmer, are you a game developer. Do you know what an interface is. Season showdown is a menu, an interface and the user score system from ncaa 09 updated.
It uses these and allows you to access a server at ea and displays the data from those servers on your system.
You notice season showdown was complete from the very first videos that were released. And if you look at the stats, they(the EA staff) had been playing it for a while because their stats were pretty high.

Ask one of your programming buddies how hard it would be to do since you can't understand. And make sure you tell him the core of the code was in ncaa 09.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #39
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I don't think you can call it **** if you haven't experienced it yet.

It could open up the game and make it *THAT* more exciting for you. You don't know until you try it.

But what do I know, I guess I come from the old school.

Twitch Stream
Old 05-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #40
MVP

Totally agree with smace and chubby here. also smace, do you think the dev time was further reduced because there's something similiar in Fifa? I don't play that game, but i heard they have something pretty similiar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »