Home

NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #97
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: ncaa football taking heading down generic path ~ pasta padre article

Quote:
Originally Posted by egkb2753
I feel like I need to quote my own post, mostly because everyone is acting like the world is coming to an end. As long as the game has the ability to edit rosters, and the EA Locker, what is the big deal?
That some gets paid to do a subpar job...Plus the fact the rosters that usually come with the game aren't all that accurate and those usually take 2 weeks or so for the Roster Gods to do their magic, this atrocity could take upwards of a month.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #98
Rookie

egkb2753's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
That some gets paid to do a subpar job...Plus the fact the rosters that usually come with the game aren't all that accurate and those usually take 2 weeks or so for the Roster Gods to do their magic, this atrocity could take upwards of a month.
I have been buying NCAA since 2002 and since it made its debut on the next gen, created rosters have been released right around the game's release. Last year, most of the roster makers had a roster available within a day or two of the game's release. One thing I think most are forgetting is that you can edit the rosters yourself, but oh wait, that takes patience and dedication, and maybe a little perseverance.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #99
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by egkb2753
I feel like I need to quote my own post, mostly because everyone is acting like the world is coming to an end. As long as the game has the ability to edit rosters, and the EA Locker, what is the big deal?
For online ranked games (not dynasty), you have to use the default rosters which can really bug people. It's not nearly as big a deal for those that only play offline.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #100
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I love all the panic over some random speculation.

Why don't you wait till something actually happens before claiming the end of civilization and/or the ncaa series?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
But it's not random speculation. If you read the article, pasta said he asked at E3 and was told the TeamBuilder rosters are those that will be in the game.
Read it again.

Quote:
While at E3 I asked whether the rosters from Teambuilder were final and was told that they were...While I attempted to get double-verification that the rosters were final there has been no update on that which further solidifies the likelihood that they are.
PP's article is no different than the speculation we've seen here. Based on the way he phrased his 2nd statement, it also leaves some doubt as to whether he asked the only question that really matters: will the default rosters for the individual teams on the disc be identical to the ones we have already seen on the TB web app?

Pasta may well be proved 100% correct, but it has not yet been confirmed by any outside source that I'm aware of. Until it is, we're all just guessing.

Last edited by coogrfan; 06-10-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #101
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
As long as I can download what I need from the EA locker for offline and online dynasty and regular play offline, I'm cool. The sky is not falling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 5

The issue here is the wording, really. When they say the TeamBuilder rosters are "final".....final to what? Final to the TeamBuilder website? Or final as in this is game rosters in the game. There's just no clarity there, so everything to this point has pretty much been speculation based on this. I really wouldn't be surprised either way to be honest.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #103
Rookie

Deathblooms's Arena

OVR: 2

This really will screw up online gaming(ranked). Im not gonna get too shatty about it though unless they go totally generic and the players don't even come close to representing the real life ones.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #104
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

For the first time ever, I will probably pass on NCAA. I won't be able to pick it up on release day, so I will have a few days to see what everyone thinks.

This is truly a sad time in my video gaming life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »