Home

NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre)

Is it just me or do most of the statements here affirm that most people don't understand how a video game is made? Do you really think that EA or any company works on the game 24/7 until it's release date? Does anyone factor in deadlines? I'm just guessing, but maybe the whole Roster "issue" stems from the fact that Rosters may have had to be done a few weeks to a month ago. I mean, there's 120 schools, then anywhere from 50-70 players all with different equipment. Also, has it been confirmed that there is a "team" working on this and not just 1 guy? I may be wrong, but I'm sure it's a little more complicated than plugging in attributes and facemask types. Since games are all code, I think tying in Speed = 89 is not that simple. Also, didn't someone mention in a different thread that the ratings were tweaked to make more important ratings mean more? If so, can we really bash the Roster ratings until we play it and see how it feels?

I just think there is too many people "jumping off the ship" due to a few people's speculation and more people blindly believing it to be an absolute truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #106
DickDalewood

OVR:

I have a question:

What do they mean by "generic"?

Es: will a team in real life that has a really good running back, have a bad running back and instead a good receiver in NCAA? Will the player ratings, etc just be completely random?

Or will the star positions still at least be represented accurately in the game?

Just trying to get some clarification.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #107
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
What do they mean by "generic"?

Es: will a team in real life that has a really good running back, have a bad running back and instead a good receiver in NCAA? Will the player ratings, etc just be completely random?
By generic, each team would be completely random. However, that is pure speculation based on the impact of the Keller lawsuit.

I know I read that EA felt that the unnamed rosters really hurts their sales. The roster vault was supposed to make it easier for gamers to get real rosters. I'm sure they would love to be able to cut a deal and put the real names in there. Going generic won't happen unless the Keller lawsuit wins imo.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #108
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
By generic, each team would be completely random. However, that is pure speculation based on the impact of the Keller lawsuit.

I know I read that EA felt that the unnamed rosters really hurts their sales. The roster vault was supposed to make it easier for gamers to get real rosters. I'm sure they would love to be able to cut a deal and put the real names in there. Going generic won't happen unless the Keller lawsuit wins imo.
OK so if the teams are COMPLETELY random, how would they even rank them? Just give the better teams (like Florida for example) better players?

That's going to be kinda lame for people who want a Tebow-esque quarterback and get some random pocket passer for the Gators.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #109
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
OK so if the teams are COMPLETELY random, how would they even rank them? Just give the better teams (like Florida for example) better players?

That's going to be kinda lame for people who want a Tebow-esque quarterback and get some random pocket passer for the Gators.
I'm not really sure. It's all speculation that I hope is completely false! I don't think anyone wants random teams. I'd hope if they ever went that route they would release a web based roster editor for people to fix rosters online and share them easily (and release it weeks before the game comes out).
Old 06-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #110
Rookie

I don't understand why this "generic" roster thing is an issue. It's complete SPECULATION. No one from EA has said anything about moving to generic rosters. And no one says generic = random.

I think the rosters are already generic. They just happen to resemble the real players for te most part by coincidence.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #111
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Device
Is it just me or do most of the statements here affirm that most people don't understand how a video game is made? Do you really think that EA or any company works on the game 24/7 until it's release date? Does anyone factor in deadlines? I'm just guessing, but maybe the whole Roster "issue" stems from the fact that Rosters may have had to be done a few weeks to a month ago. I mean, there's 120 schools, then anywhere from 50-70 players all with different equipment. Also, has it been confirmed that there is a "team" working on this and not just 1 guy? I may be wrong, but I'm sure it's a little more complicated than plugging in attributes and facemask types. Since games are all code, I think tying in Speed = 89 is not that simple. Also, didn't someone mention in a different thread that the ratings were tweaked to make more important ratings mean more? If so, can we really bash the Roster ratings until we play it and see how it feels?

I just think there is too many people "jumping off the ship" due to a few people's speculation and more people blindly believing it to be an absolute truth.
Compare past version's rosters to this years.

Inexcusable. There are schools like Alabama, Florida, Florida State with perfect rosters, while other teams get shat on. It's inexcusable.

And let's not forget the fact that we let them off the hook with that horrific, unprofessional homerismthey showed in Florida State last year. Hell, they even did it this year to an extent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
And let's not forget the fact that we let them off the hook with that horrific, unprofessional homerism they showed in Florida State last year. Hell, they even did it this year to an extent.
I completely agree with the homerism. It's not hard to pick out who the devs favorite teams are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »