Home

NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #121
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football Heading Down Generic Path (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc79
tonight i'm going to make the university of nothing. our uniforms will be all white with white stripes and white numbers. everyplayer will have the same name and the same rating. our logo will be a white square placed in the center of a white helmet. feel free to download them, i'm actually going to make an entire conference, each team with its own solid color, representing the future of this game.
In honor of this... and to ensure that your hard work doesn't go to waste, may I request an all silver team? Of the new shades of gray in the color palette, I'll take the middle one. Just normal gray.

I'd like the team based in Gary, Indiana... G-A-R-Y = G-R-A-Y... and they can be called the Gary Grays. No logo required, just a gray helmet. Much appreciated.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #122
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

This is all so funny! Well EA will definately take a hit financially if these rosters are generic and uneditable. Cuz I know Im for sure done with it, and I've bought every game since Bill Walsh College Football.

I really just dont get it with this company, its like they purposely do things to not satisfy this community. I'm really having a hard time figuring out why these people who work on this game even still have a job. Im sure they could find 10-20 other people across this country who are just as credentialed and certified, and could produce a much better product. We go from 5 blogs on Season Showdown to generic rosters rumors? LOL! Its getting bad for this game and our community.

As someone stated earlier, the Team Builder site is making more and more since by the day! Everytime I post in this forum, I feel like Im gonna go on a 10 page rant, and I could lol! But Im leaving it alone, I'll just shutup and see how this game comes out!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #123
Rookie

SchruteFarms's Arena

OVR: 3

I hope it's not the case, but if it were to be a generic roster the only positive I can see is that it would force them to focus on Dynasty. The online ranked matches, season showdown, and just simple play now games would lose their luster.

Dynasty would have to be the focal point of the game. After 4-5 seasons the rosters become generic anyway, so perhaps we would get a Dynasty mode unlike anything that has come before.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #124
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
This is all so funny! Well EA will definately take a hit financially if these rosters are generic and uneditable. Cuz I know Im for sure done with it, and I've bought every game since Bill Walsh College Football.
This isn't directed at you so much, but everybody ready to jump off of the cliff...if you all have been playing since Bill Walsh College Football days (I have as well) do you actually remember the time when rosters were not available and we played just because we loved college football? I do. I played years and years of some form of college football video game without rosters / names and I remember having a great time. Don't get me wrong, I love having rosters these days, but to me that's just icing on the cake.

And how is any of this EA's fault? They've tip toed the line for years trying to accomodate the demand for "accurate" rosters. It's borderline illegal and as we now see somebody is going to make an issue of it. I'm shocked they've been able to take things as far as they have, as long as they have.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #125
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffhead
This isn't directed at you so much, but everybody ready to jump off of the cliff...if you all have been playing since Bill Walsh College Football days (I have as well) do you actually remember the time when rosters were not available and we played just because we loved college football? I do. I played years and years of some form of college football video game without rosters / names and I remember having a great time. Don't get me wrong, I love having rosters these days, but to me that's just icing on the cake.

And how is any of this EA's fault? They've tip toed the line for years trying to accomodate the demand for "accurate" rosters. It's borderline illegal and as we now see somebody is going to make an issue of it. I'm shocked they've been able to take things as far as they have, as long as they have.
The same way they forked over the money to monopolize the NFL, and College sports gaming industry they can fork it over to keep it going in the right direction. You mean to tell me EA couldnt strike a deal with the NCAA to maybe pay into scholarship money for the atheletes?

They could do a deal where they would pay a small % into every athletes scholarship through each school. I have no idea how much that could cost them but at the very least it would be a huge addition into this series. Now players cant say they use my name for profit, because they are helping put you through school.

This would allow them to market players and actually use current ones on the cover and they would probably sell more games and gain more in sponsorships. If you think about it, Madden is more popular because everyone knows the players because there are fewer teams to follow. Well in college football, there are so many teams, casual fans dont want to put in the effort to get to know all the players on the teams like a lot of us do. So this could allow them to help you get to know a lot more players by putting their names in the game and then using them in commercials and what not.

Idk, that may be totally impossible but its an idea...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc79
tonight i'm going to make the university of nothing. our uniforms will be all white with white stripes and white numbers. everyplayer will have the same name and the same rating. our logo will be a white square placed in the center of a white helmet. feel free to download them, i'm actually going to make an entire conference, each team with its own solid color, representing the future of this game.
And I think we'll be ranked #1 just in front of the Florida Crocs and the Oklahoma Boomers
Old 06-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #127
Rookie

Can you still not edit classes (freshman, Sophmore, etc.) in NCAA? Otherwise, outside of it taking more time to make a roster, I don't see this as a particularly big deal.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 14
why don't they just make an arcade game, if we want to play we could just go down to the bowling alley and pump a few quarters in

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »