Home

NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 10 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN

Please explain to me why they would have a 2 versions of the 2010 roster. A s*** build and another one.. These rosters aren't 09's.. they're 10's, except its just a complete debacle.
I'm no wiz at making a game but I assume the roster file has a name during programming. Perhaps the roster guy saved his work and put a date on it (and someone grabbed the wrong date)

Example:

NCAA10Roster2.1.09;
NCAA10Roster2.10.09;

Or

Perhaps they save different versions with different names in case a mistake is made and/or a file is accidentally deleted and they need to go back (and someone grabbed the wrong version).

Example

NCAA10Roster_1;
NCAA10Roster_2;

etc...

I'm an attorney and I know that we do this with pleadings and other documents. If you are not careful, you can easily make a mistake and get the wrong file.

Additionally, someone has to be responsible for checking others work. If not, mistakes like this are going to continue to happen. Ultimately, in this case, the buck stops with the lead designer (head of the team).

Someone (some people) clearly screwed up. All I am saying is that it MIGHT not be roster guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 2

Allow me to be the 20th person to say I'd rather lose ALL of my created teams than play with a roster file that is incomplete.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #123
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

You know what? I'm not even angry about this at all. I'm loving MLB 09 the Show, I can't wait for FN4 and I can't wait for tomorrow so that I can try out Play the Pro's online tourneys in Tiger Woods. In other words there are so many good games out this summer that not spending $60 in NCAA just means that I get to play more of those, then 1 month later I will jump on Madden. This was the wrong time for NCAA to drop the ball.

That said, Russ and Adam, I know that you and your teams have busted your asses this year. Sorry that something like this has come up.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #124
Rookie

Deathblooms's Arena

OVR: 2

Well I have been thinking about this and maybe it's wishful thinking but would Russ even have made this post if the roster problem wasn't going to be fixed? It seems if it was not fixable then they would have just kept quiet, jmho.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #125

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblooms
Well I have been thinking about this and maybe it's wishful thinking but would Russ even have made this post if the roster problem wasn't going to be fixed? It seems if it was not fixable then they would have just kept quiet, jmho.
Sadly, I believe the opposite is true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #126

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
EA has proven they really aren't that interested in community opinions thus far, why would you expect anything different now?

And plus, these OS message boards are what? <10% responsible for the created schools and sales? Don't get your hopes up.
True but I would think the OS message board users reponse is a good glimpse of the consensus of what those "legit" teambuilder users I alluded to are thinking.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #127
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Adam/Russ - thanks for the input. I dont envy you guys in any way being in front of the firing squad (OS) these days. But thanks nonetheless for at least giving it to us straight.

Im with the people that say screw TB at this point. Scrap those rosters. They still have a month to redo those teams. TB's bene out for what, 2 weeks? So they could do all the same stuff in the next month to get back what they lose. SHipping it out with the correct rosters for EVERYONE that pays for the game is more important than saving TB teams for the % of people who used it.

What concerns me (to echo someone else, cant remember who) is how this got through. Last year it was the No D/Wide Open Gameplay twitch fest, now this. Some SERIOUS Q&A needs to be done. Features like Season Showdown/Ring builder (yes i know that was Madden) need to be scrapped. The game needs to be built from the bottom up. Meaning gameplay, OL/DL WR/DB running game, passing game. Then you add those cherries on top.

Not to be a jerk, but who gives a crap about Season Showdown if the game doesnt play right (which we dont know yet) or the rosters are effed up (which we do know......for the time being). Priorities. Roster guy should be canned, and Ben Haumiller has gotta go ala Ortiz. You gotta accept responsibility and two years in a row now, this has been messed up on his watch. I dont know about anyone else, but if I screw up my only annual project, im fired. Thats how the world works.

Dont mean to sound off on anyone, I know no one dogged it on purpose, but that's where we are.

Again, thanks Adam and Russ. It cant be fun but we do appreciate your work and effort on our behalf, whether or not it gets voiced.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #128
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
That said, Russ and Adam, I know that you and your teams have busted your asses this year.
Busted their asses? Could've fooled me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »