Home

Why Not Develop on The PS3?

This is a discussion on Why Not Develop on The PS3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Why Not Develop on The PS3?

Oh and a microsoft released a 1 gig ram dev kit at e3 this year
Old 07-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #50
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU93
Are there any 360 games with 2 disks? I can't think of any.

Lost odyssey is on 4. but that game in linear and is in like 5 or 6 languages(so a lot of audio files), and i don't think they compressed data much at all. neither of the 4 disc were full either.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #51
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Why do people continue to use the show as some kind of epic game

the graphics on that game are not great...their player models are not great

collision detection is the worst of any sports game i have ever played

the flaws in franchise mode and horrible lag online..

the show is a very god game....but anybody who thinks the content on that game wont fit on a 360 disc is nuts

the commentary in mlb 2k was better

all 3rd party games will be made on 360

deal with it

they produce better graphics and is the better game seller.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~

the show is a very god game....but anybody who thinks the content on that game wont fit on a 360 disc is nuts

deal with it

so the 10 gigs of commentary can fit on an xbox disc? Huh didnt know that
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #53
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

it does suck as a ps3 owner to get a lesser version of a game that could be great if it were made on the ps3 but suffers because the 360 can't handle what the ps3 can.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 20

No Mlb 2k8 baseball owns the title of worst collison detection of all time
Old 07-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #55
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~

deal with it

look at the critic's reviews of the Show.

Gameshark:A-
"I should probably cut to the chase right out of the chute: MLB The Show 09 is the best console baseball game on the planet. And it’s not even close. The Show’s graphics, animation, attention to detail, gameplay, and depth is unmatched not only by the competition but to any baseball game of this generation. "

1up: A
"I could go on and on about all the other fantastic features in MLB 09: The Show, like recording your favorite plays, or the animation of the players, etc. But the reality is that this is the best baseball game that I've played in recent memory. Take this from a fan of baseball, and of videogames as a whole: buy this. Even if you just kind of like baseball (and you have a Playstation 3), pick this up -- you won't regret it. There is something here for everyone who has a connection to the sport, and I get giddy with anticipation to see what Sony can deliver for next year's iteration."

Gamepro: 5 out of 5 stars
"I think the real conversation is whether or not it's the best baseball game of all time. In my opinion, it is the greatest video game simulation of America's past time ever."

IGN: 8.7
"The Show has, once again, shown how it's one of the best and most consistent sports franchises out there, delivering solid baseball gameplay and an even deeper set of gameplay features."

Gamespot: 9.0
"There is no room at Cooperstown for baseball games yet, but if the hallowed hall of fame ever adds such a facility, you can guarantee that MLB 09: The Show will be one of the very first inductees.

Player detail is amazing. Not only do faces look almost photorealistic, but the detail is also so sharp that you can recognize Major League stars from halfway across the diamond."

so thats why people talk about how great the Show is. Because it is. Its the most realistic sports game i've ever played. You say the player models look bad. You're seriously, not lying, the only person i have heard so far make that claim. Everyone else says the complete opposite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #56
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
look at the critic's reviews of the Show.

Gameshark:A-
"I should probably cut to the chase right out of the chute: MLB The Show 09 is the best console baseball game on the planet. And it’s not even close. The Show’s graphics, animation, attention to detail, gameplay, and depth is unmatched not only by the competition but to any baseball game of this generation. "

1up: A
"I could go on and on about all the other fantastic features in MLB 09: The Show, like recording your favorite plays, or the animation of the players, etc. But the reality is that this is the best baseball game that I've played in recent memory. Take this from a fan of baseball, and of videogames as a whole: buy this. Even if you just kind of like baseball (and you have a Playstation 3), pick this up -- you won't regret it. There is something here for everyone who has a connection to the sport, and I get giddy with anticipation to see what Sony can deliver for next year's iteration."

Gamepro: 5 out of 5 stars
"I think the real conversation is whether or not it's the best baseball game of all time. In my opinion, it is the greatest video game simulation of America's past time ever."

IGN: 8.7
"The Show has, once again, shown how it's one of the best and most consistent sports franchises out there, delivering solid baseball gameplay and an even deeper set of gameplay features."

Gamespot: 9.0
"There is no room at Cooperstown for baseball games yet, but if the hallowed hall of fame ever adds such a facility, you can guarantee that MLB 09: The Show will be one of the very first inductees.

Player detail is amazing. Not only do faces look almost photorealistic, but the detail is also so sharp that you can recognize Major League stars from halfway across the diamond."

so thats why people talk about how great the Show is. Because it is. Its the most realistic sports game i've ever played. You say the player models look bad. You're seriously, not lying, the only person i have heard so far make that claim. Everyone else says the complete opposite.

I never said the game is bad...is a good game but did any of those reviews mention the tons of flaws...I dont think so

plus why is it that when a website that reviews a game and gives it a score that members dont agree with they say then dont know anything and are paid

but when the review is all good then you guys want to post the reviews and say that they are getting great reviews...

Go ask the guy who reviewed the show for OS....he gave it a 9.5

ask him if he feels that way today...he even mentioned it that the more he played the more bad he saw

the game is very good but farrrrrrr from the best sports game ever

it will be that when you are allowed to play defense on your own and collision detection is above garbage

but let's get back on topic....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »