Home

Players with overall 59 and 94 speed.

This is a discussion on Players with overall 59 and 94 speed. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #17
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Players with overall 59 and 94 speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
There has been a lot of track stars in the pass years that have when to NFL rookie camps, to try out. And they were one of the first to be cut. Because they have NO football skill, just speed.
Exactly.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyvol
Play it.......

Not many lower rated players with fast 40 times. Also awareness for recruits makes a lot more sense this year. You don't have 30-40 guys with A+ awareness. Only a few elite do...
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Ok so there was no kinda experiment done! And it just you and your friends opinion? You should have just said that in the first place.

What I'm talking about is when the player is really fast and his hands and other attributes should be low (he should be dropping balls) and will consistently make catch after catch. Thus the overall 59. So I would expect that player to be an inexp freshmen that has to develop.
Not this 94 SPEED phenom franchise recruit.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #19
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabarneyphife
What I'm talking about is when the player is really fast and his hands and other attributes should be low (he should be dropping balls) and will consistently make catch after catch. Thus the overall 59. So I would expect that player to be an inexp freshmen that has to develop.
Not this 94 SPEED phenom franchise recruit.
Thats was the point I was trying to make. I was asking did he make a player with 99 speed and 1 catch just to see if it really works! Or anything to prove that ratings do count this year.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Thats was the point I was trying to make. I was asking did he make a player with 99 speed and 1 catch just to see if it really works! Or anything to prove that ratings do count this year.
This is what "broke" Online Dynasty for me in 09. I was in the 4th year of a great online dynasty with three of my buddies when two of them figured out all you need is speed at HB/WR. The guy who was Miss St had three Freshman receivers who were rated in the 60's overall, but they all had 95+ for speed (One had 99 speed). I would always play as my Free Safety on defense and he had 83 speed (91 overall, I think). All three receivers would just blow by everyone on my defense. I was literally dropping my FS back 40 yards and would play centerfield from there since all of my corners couldn't keep up after 15 yards.

I found a few blitzes that got to the QB quick enough to prevent some of this, but both owners were savvy enough to hot route 1 or 2 receivers into quick slants/outs/ins to combat the blitz. Ultimately, my only true defense was taking my sophomore running back (71 overall, 97 speed, 93 agility) and giving the ball to him every play. It was at this point that Online Dynasty was no longer enjoyable and became a complete cheesefest. Apparently, I was the only one who had a problem with this style of play. You should have seen the numbers these guys were putting up against the CPU with speedsters like that.

I seem to remember reading on here or on the EA Sports Blog that developers were giving defensive backs that ability to "arm bar" (or position his body so the receiver can't blow by him) the receiver. So in other words, if you have a stud All-American corner (95 overall, 87 speed), he should be able to prevent the faster, less talented player from blowing by him on every play more often than not. If someone could point me to that post I would appreciate since I can't find it anywhere.

If you need something to test, test the above scenario 20 times and let us know the result.

The "speed kills" and the "twitches" from 09 were the two biggest issues for me. Hopefully 10 addresses these two.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb
This is what "broke" Online Dynasty for me in 09. I was in the 4th year of a great online dynasty with three of my buddies when two of them figured out all you need is speed at HB/WR. The guy who was Miss St had three Freshman receivers who were rated in the 60's overall, but they all had 95+ for speed (One had 99 speed). I would always play as my Free Safety on defense and he had 83 speed (91 overall, I think). All three receivers would just blow by everyone on my defense. I was literally dropping my FS back 40 yards and would play centerfield from there since all of my corners couldn't keep up after 15 yards.

I found a few blitzes that got to the QB quick enough to prevent some of this, but both owners were savvy enough to hot route 1 or 2 receivers into quick slants/outs/ins to combat the blitz. Ultimately, my only true defense was taking my sophomore running back (71 overall, 97 speed, 93 agility) and giving the ball to him every play. It was at this point that Online Dynasty was no longer enjoyable and became a complete cheesefest. Apparently, I was the only one who had a problem with this style of play. You should have seen the numbers these guys were putting up against the CPU with speedsters like that.

I seem to remember reading on here or on the EA Sports Blog that developers were giving defensive backs that ability to "arm bar" (or position his body so the receiver can't blow by him) the receiver. So in other words, if you have a stud All-American corner (95 overall, 87 speed), he should be able to prevent the faster, less talented player from blowing by him on every play more often than not. If someone could point me to that post I would appreciate since I can't find it anywhere.

If you need something to test, test the above scenario 20 times and let us know the result.

The "speed kills" and the "twitches" from 09 were the two biggest issues for me. Hopefully 10 addresses these two.
I have a similar story. In year two or three of my franchise with UNC in NCAA 09, I recruited a running back that was about 80 overall with 99 speed. He was third on the depth chart but I started him because I knew how useful speed was. That season I went undefeated and won the national championship. He also won the Heisman. He had many games of 250+ rushing yards and 2+ kick/punt return TDs on Heisman. HB Toss and Power O to the side opposite of the two wide-outs (sorry I don't know the official formation name) against man was a touchdown 90% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #22
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyvol
Sleep well.... Speed does not kill in '10. Over-all rating does mean a lot more this year. We ran a short dynasty to test things out...Fastest I saw was a 4.28+/- (and there was only 2 to 4 guys like that)

I feel comfortable this year recruiting a power-back! Last year they were useless.
I wouldn't say they were useless in 09. I played as Virginia Tech. Fastest RB was a 90, with a starter at 89. I'd average a nice 4.2 YPC. Sure, the speed backs would average like 82 yards a carry, but a power back could consistently get you first downs.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #23
Rookie

dvlosky's Arena

OVR: 2

speed kills...strength dominates....

that being said yes idk if there ever will be a good way to balance speed out both offensively and defensively.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlosky
speed kills...strength dominates....

that being said yes idk if there ever will be a good way to balance speed out both offensively and defensively.

I think there is a way from the Offensive side and Defensive side:

OFFENSE
(i.e.) If the WR has SPEED of say "94" (ha) and CATCH 61 AWR 65 OVERALL 60 .... you know he will move down field fast... BUT to balance him out make him not as reliable as say a player rating of SPEED 74 CATCH 85 AWR 88 OVERALL 81 .... now obviously the 94 SPEED is the eye catcher but the real choice should be the OVERALL 81.

DEFENSE
If you have a SPEED player and an AWARENESS player. The SPEED player should be over zealous and try to take more gambles on the play(s) ...where as the AWARENESS player should be smarter and read the plays/players and make more calculated defending moves (not gamble as much).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »