Home

The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

This is a discussion on The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #89
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Very fitting and I love it! This series has continued to decline since it's next gen debut and it's nice to see the sales are also declining. Power to the people!!!
That has been the most curious thing to me. I understood how with the first Madden on the 360, features that were on the Xbox were not available and they had to scale back. However, I fully expected EA to catch up by the following year's Madden.

The same with NCAA. I think they skipped the first year on the 360, if I am not mistaken. But the amount of features that were on the PS2 and Xbox that have never made it to this Gen is just astounding.

It is kind of insulting, actually, for them to keep adding back in a couple features per year from the last gen and advertising them as "new features."

What are they going to do next year? Add back in player discipline and suspensions to dynasty and call that a new feature?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #90
HST
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
What are they going to do next year? Add back in player discipline and suspensions to dynasty and call that a new feature?
They're going to do a variety of things next year, such as expand their business into other areas besides just video games.

For instance, word on the street is that they're currently designing a television that is black and white only.

They're also developing a new flashlight that requires no batteries. Instead of batteries, or a cumbersome bulb, this light will basically be a stick with a rag on the end of it that you light on fire. Some people have called it a "torch" and have said that isn't a new design at all. Well, they're wrong. This may be just a torch, but it has "Season Showdown!!!" written on the side of it. It's going to be way better than just an ordinary torch. There will be an annual release of new torches that will have other things written on them. I'm going to pre-order mine now.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #91
Banned

klb835's Arena

OVR: 12

I have a question about the sales numbers. Now lets all pretend here. Lets say everyone who bought NCAA 10 took it back and traded it in for madden or store credit or whatever. Does Ea sports see this? Can they tell how many people traded in ncaa 10?? Or does it even matter? once its sold its sold?

Last edited by klb835; 08-05-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HST
They're going to do a variety of things next year, such as expand their business into other areas besides just video games.

For instance, word on the street is that they're currently designing a television that is black and white only.

They're also developing a new flashlight that requires no batteries. Instead of batteries, or a cumbersome bulb, this light will basically be a stick with a rag on the end of it that you light on fire. Some people have called it a "torch" and have said that isn't a new design at all. Well, they're wrong. This may be just a torch, but it has "Season Showdown!!!" written on the side of it. It's going to be way better than just an ordinary torch. There will be an annual release of new torches that will have other things written on them. I'm going to pre-order mine now.

Lmao... CLASSIC POST!!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb835
I have a question about the sales numbers. Not lets all pretend here. Lets say everyone who bought NCAA 10 took it back and traded it in for madden or store credit or whatever. Does Ea sports see this? Can they tell how many people traded in ncaa 10?? Or does it even matter? once its sold its sold?
Knowing EA they probably report used sales as well to inflate the sales totals. However, I don't think they care how many people returned it because I would imagine that most who do are getting Madden. And that pleases EA. They sold 2 games and left Gamestop on the hook with a used NCAA 10 that will have a $2 street value in 2 weeks.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb835
I have a question about the sales numbers. Not lets all pretend here. Lets say everyone who bought NCAA 10 took it back and traded it in for madden or store credit or whatever. Does Ea sports see this? Can they tell how many people traded in ncaa 10?? Or does it even matter? once its sold its sold?
Once it is sold it is sold.

I don't know how the Video Game industry works. In my industry once my company purchases a product for retail, then it becomes a sale for the company. It isn't when the consumer walks in the door.

There are some big box retails that will work out contracts to purchase some products on consignment. I don't know if that is the case with Game Stop or not.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
Big reason IMO is presentation, for real. People don't feel like it's a fresh game cause it looks the same. Me, that doesn't bother me as much, though it does bother me, but for others, that makes or breaks the game, and when you're seeing it on videos and such, it's not a big sell. They need to freshen up the look big time in order to give the customers a fresh new TRULY college football feel. That IMO should be focus #1 for NCAA 11.
PRESENTATION, ATMOSPHERE, FORMATION SUBS, and FCS TEAMS will bring this series back to greatness... how long will that take??? In all honesty (no joke) I would suspect the above list will be "back" by 2013
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #96
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMacabre
Consoles in general are on a steady spiral down PCs are much better for games its just too many people are PC illiterate to work one, but with the way the world is going in 10-15 years PCs will be king of gaming, but I don't think that is why this year's sales are down.

Reason 1, the game is stale, but that alone I doubt caused an 11% drop.

Reason 2, Economy yeah I can work for 80mins and make enough to buy a copy of NCAA, but it isn't the price of the game it is other things in life that are making me at least tight with my money.

Reason 3, Other sports titles are catching up. FIFA was garbage for years trust me I played football(soccer) games before NCAA/Madden series. The Show made baseball games fun.. Fight Night is incredible.. NBA has improved... NCAA Basketball is garbage
We've been hearing this for years and years. I agree that a top notch computer is better than a console. Better graphics, more capabilities, and a mouse. But ultimately a gaming computer that beats out a 360 for gaming costs ~$1000. Granted you can do other things with it, but why when you could get a $300 computer that gets the job done, and an XBox360 for $300 that runs all games smoothly and perfectly, where as with a computer, you always have to worry.

No, the future for the hardest core gamers may be on computer, but it will never beat out the simplicity and straightforward nature of the console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »