Home

The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

This is a discussion on The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #81
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
2) The NCAA dev team needs to step it's game up. There is NO reason why a sport as popular as college football, should be so poorly represented by a successful company like EA Sports. Madden has taken great strides, and so has FIFA, Live, NHL, and Tiger Woods Golf; but all of the NCAA titles (both basketball and football) are the cancer of this brand of sports game, as was NASCAR...
Do you really think the Devs like the crap they are putting out? I would like to see budget figures. The big wigs at EA have always seen NCAA as the little brother and they go tired of NCAA being a better game like it was 04, 05, 06, 07.

As for sales this year, I think a lot more casual football fans will always buy madden over ncaa if they are forced to choose, which the economy is making people do. Even if NCAA is better, they will choose madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #82
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

This has to do with the incompetence of the team, Why couldn't they just spend the time that they spent redesigning all the menus fixing all these damn bugs that came with the game. Why is that when I run the option a pitch past the LOS records as an incomplete pass, why do some some runs just dont count as stats? I could go on for days! FIX THE GAME AND PEOPLE WILL BUY IT!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
i personally think it's the economy. people i know couldn't buy the game cause they didn't feel like $60 on something they can rent for $10.

Ahhh... but if it was a great game worth $60.00 dollars and they could not live without it then I suspect they would buy it, hence not a worthy game to purchase this year.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Ahhh... but if it was a great game worth $60.00 dollars and they could not live without it then I suspect they would buy it, hence not a worthy game to purchase this year.
Thats the answer right there.

Its the Economy in the fact that people aren't just going to waste their money on an inferior product. People have less disposable income to throw away. Especially when they have a copy of 2009 withits WIIIIIIIIIIDE Open gameplay that is broken just like this game.

However, if this game was a good translation of the college game, the economy would have no effect. Look at what games like Modern Warfare 2 will do and what some other games have done this year. In a down economy $60 for a great game with hundreds of hours of potential entertainment is a bargain.

Bottom line, the only reason the econmy has an impact is because this is a mediocre game. Great games still sell. And I'll say it again, if you ain't growing, you're dying. And this game is dying.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 5

Big reason IMO is presentation, for real. People don't feel like it's a fresh game cause it looks the same. Me, that doesn't bother me as much, though it does bother me, but for others, that makes or breaks the game, and when you're seeing it on videos and such, it's not a big sell. They need to freshen up the look big time in order to give the customers a fresh new TRULY college football feel. That IMO should be focus #1 for NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #86
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet21
Someone asked earlier if NCAA had any competition, the answer is NCAA Gamebreaker from 989 Sports, I hope you did not think EA was smart enough to come up with impact players on there own. EA just has enough money to buy out everyone.

EA did not even make a college football game until almost 2 years after the PS1 was released, so Gamebreakers was the only game to play.
Huh?

Bill Walsh College Football Released in 2004 for the Genesis and SNES. The same year the Playstation released. Maybe you are just referring specifically to how long after the PS released it took EA to get NCAA to that platform ('98)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College...ootball_USA_96
Old 08-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #87
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSox05
This has to do with the incompetence of the team, Why couldn't they just spend the time that they spent redesigning all the menus fixing all these damn bugs that came with the game.
You have no idea how game development works. Menu design and game play are two entirely different groups of people. They could make the menus look just like a DOS entry and it wouldn't make the gameplay any better.

Please just stop posting until you know what you are talking about.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 10

Very fitting and I love it! This series has continued to decline since it's next gen debut and it's nice to see the sales are also declining. Power to the people!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »