Home

The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

This is a discussion on The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
It's not really a matter of "we want sim" so much as we want a game that is

A) fun

and

B) not completely broken in key areas when it comes out of the box

NCAA hasn't been able to fulfill either of those propositions for a long time.
I read past this so i am late saying, GREAT FREAKING POST!!!!!!!! My thoughts exactly, can't stand NCAA anymore.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:20 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HST
They're going to do a variety of things next year, such as expand their business into other areas besides just video games.

For instance, word on the street is that they're currently designing a television that is black and white only.
Cleaning up my desk now. Thanks.

That does sum it up though.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:44 AM   #99
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbc72
Huh?

Bill Walsh College Football Released in 2004 for the Genesis and SNES. The same year the Playstation released. Maybe you are just referring specifically to how long after the PS released it took EA to get NCAA to that platform ('98)?

Not trying to bust your balls but, Bill Walsh Football came out in '93. And I'm pretty sure nobody was making games for either the SNES or Genisis in '04. Same with the whole PS1 release year, it's not '04.

Back on topic. This game needs help in all departments. And I'm not sure if a one year cycle is long enough for them to fix it.

I also agree that if it was able to be done on the PS2/Xbox then it should be in the game for the current systems. I want Corso's crazy @ss to put on the mascot head, I want players running on to the field, I want my 1-AA schools back, etc..

I could go on and on but I won't. I'll save that for a what we want next year forum.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #100
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

i work in the music industry and i honestly laugh at people who think they will discontinue a product that made 23,000,000 in the first week. how much do you think R & D cost for a product like this?? trust me when i tell you it's nowhere near that number. They are making a massive profit and therein lies the problem.

When a corporation gets as big as EA it's a lot like the major labels in the sense that it isn't about putting out the "best music or game" persay but about meeting a bottom line...there's no way they aren't meeting that with this number, ESPECIALLY in this economy.

To give you an analogy this game is like "pop music", it's not catered to anyone specifically (as you can see with some of these ridiculous features), and therein lies ANOTHER problem...until they go back to what this game is supposed to be about, we will continue to get a half effort. But like the music industry it will also go kaput as technology and expectations increase. The labels haven't gotten it yet, why should EA? they are lucky pirating isn't as big an issue in the gaming industry as it is in the music industry..

very very lucky.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #101
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

So NCAA is Backstreet Boys bull ****. Nice.

Did this game really make 23 mil? How much does that NCAA license cost them? What do you estimate dev costs are?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 05:56 AM   #102
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...oss-board.html

Guess Madden is in the same boat as NCAA.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #103
Rookie

I'm a much bigger college football fan than NFL, but the college atmosphere is absolutely nonexistant, not to mention the graphics and gameplay are worse, and always a few years behind Madden.

PS2 NCAA was a great game, really had the college feel to it. PS3 NCAA feels like a crippled Madden (neither of which actually has any atmosphere)
Old 08-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #104
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Maybe people rather keep playing NCAA 09, when 10 is basically the same but worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »