Home

Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

This is a discussion on Christrian Ponder Rating What you think within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #137
Rookie

Wolfpack44's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Christrian Ponder Rating What you think

I used that one game as an example to elaborate on my post at the end of page 12. Im not basing anything on that one game, I used it as an example because we had the worst pass defense in the ACC. Have you ever watched Russell Wilson play? Ive been to most all of his home games at Nc. State. and he has made some incredible throws im not going by just stats alone. The talent level between Nc. State and Florida State is huge. Russell Still puts up great numbers

Last edited by Wolfpack44; 06-07-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #138
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack44
Ziza9Noles94 read my post at the end of page 12 if you do not follow ACC football very closely. Russell Wilson has by far out performed Ponder. Last year Ponder threw only 1td and 2ints vs Nc. States worst pass defense in the Acc. In that same game Russell threw 5tds and 2ints. Im just stating facts.
Over a two year span td/int ratio:

Russell Wilson 48-12 (on horrible teams)
Christian Ponder 26-20
The stats from that game make my point. Ponder by no means played poorly, it was a case where receivers were getting tackled inside the 10 and the running game was clicking so they ran it in instead of passing it. Ponder was 26/40 for 277 yards and ran for another 29 yards. Jermaine Thomas ran for 186 yards and 2 TD, Chris Thompson added another 2 TDs. Ponder also came away with the W when he lead his team to a winning score on his final drive, where as Russell Wilson got sacked and then threw an INT on his final drive. That is why Ponder is a better QB regardless of what the stats may have shown.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #139
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
I used that one game as an example to elaborate on my post at the end of page 12. Im not basing anything on that one game, I used it as an example because we had the worst pass defense in the ACC. Have you ever watched Russell Wilson play? Ive been to most all of his home games at Nc. State. and he has made some incredible throws im not going by just stats alone.
Yes I've watched him play and my opinion is Ponder is better.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #140
Rookie

Wolfpack44's Arena

OVR: 6

We are comparing Quarterbacks here not the better team. Everything is always put on Russell Wilson's shoulders we dont have the luxury of a stellar running game and we suffered from the worst defense in the ACC last year its no suprise why you beat Nc. State. The heisman goes to the best player on one of the nations best teams rarely does it go to the best player in college football a given year. If you put ponder on Nc. States roster he would do no better than Russell Wilson and maybe even worse. Everything is based on peoples opinions i was just giving my input based on numbers and viewing both Quarterbacks.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #141
Rookie

DaRealist01's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
This was the same excuse NCSt fans used for Philip Rivers as well. If Wilson was as good as Pack fans claim, he'd be in the NFL discussion with Ponder, Locker, Mallett, and Luck. But he isn't and he will be draft eligible. He is a nice QB but is a player whose stat line misrepresents how good he really is, sort of like the Texas Tech QBs.

Not many QBs in America who could make that throw at either level. With Ponder having another year to learn from Fisher he is poised to have an outstanding year.
How dare you post that?? Ponder can't throw deep!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #142
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Ziza9Noles94 read my post at the end of page 12 if you do not follow ACC football very closely. Russell Wilson has by far out performed Ponder. Last year Ponder threw only 1td and 2ints vs Nc. States worst pass defense in the Acc. In that same game Russell threw 5tds and 2ints. Im just stating facts.
Over a two year span td/int ratio:

Russell Wilson 48-12 (on horrible teams)
Christian Ponder 26-20
I follow it very closely. Have even before the noles joined the conference. So I'm good with the ACC facts. I still think Wilson is overrated. TD to INT ratios don't impress me as much as winning big games and leadership. Also I never compared Ponder to Wilson. Maybe you can reread my post and see that. Wilson just doesn't make me ooh and ahh. If he wins more of those 5TD, 2 INT games on the road to an ACC title, then I'll get on the soapbox and proclaim him the greatest thing since Jesus in pads. Until then, he's just ok to me and I'll stick with Ponder deftly managing a game winning drive despite having the worst Seminoles defense to stumble onto a field since the 70's.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 06-07-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #143
MVP

OVR: 34

I like Ponder.

As far as how good will he be in NCAA..honestly, if history is any indication, as long as he's mobile..he'll be better then he has any business being.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #144
Rookie

ctindal21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Russell who? I'm sure you were joking or perhaps talking about some incoming juco transfer named Russell Wilson that will no doubt blow the doors off the league. Because if it is the Wilson I'm thinking of he's just meh.

As for the whole CP - Jacory -Brantley rating debate.....Brantley I wouldn't know what to rate because he hasn't done much of anything yet. CP I would rate a 92 and rate Jacory 1 or two points below that, 90-91.

haha, Russell Wilson...that was a good one.
NBA- New York Knicks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »