Home

why does everyone look at the bad?

This is a discussion on why does everyone look at the bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #81
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: why does everyone look at the bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
They know what football looks like in real life
And there has NEVER been a game that does the real thing total justice, ever.

In any case casual gamers don't care if a RB's YPC average is 2 yards over thier real career YPC average. Hardcore gamers do.

Casual players won't notice or don't care if the wrong facemask color is used..hardcore players do.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #82
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
I tend to agree. The whole "casual gamers make up 90% of this game's audience" argument is vastly overstated around here. I think the majority of people who buy this game are at the least pretty hardcore college football fans. Sure maybe EA gets a ton of sales from the 13-and-under crowd, but it's not like "casual gamers" in the sense of "I play Tetris and Farmville, maybe some Halo" are making up any significant portion of this game's sales. Most of them have bought an NCAA game before, and most of them know and understand football.
Yea I don't get that either. I have few people I know that play games in a casual manner and not one of them play sports games. So this casual players make up 90% of the market is pretty far fetch. Anyways back on topic. I'm pretty old school so played alot of different football games through the years. I think the reason that gets me annoyed with ncaa and madden are that the games are getting easier and easier......

I think this ties into the idea that a ton of casual fans play this game. The games are just too easy. I'm not some kind of great player but I can tell you the games never seem as easy to beat than they are now. Idk what is up with that but you hardcore players had to see that. I just don't want to be winning 9+ games my second year with grambling after i move them into the SEC. it should take me a while to get that many games won. You can do sliders and such but you don't want to fall into the thing were you cpu is breaking 8 tackles before you bring them down. I think that's why I can't go through a whole year of playing because of this more than anything. Just gets to a point were u get tired of knowing you will more than likely win ya know?

Idk i'm on lunch break right now and haven't eaten yet hahahah. My old mind is going.

Last edited by burter; 06-16-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #83
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory23
I see what you're trying to say, but that's not always entirely true.

To people who buy Madden as a game, and as a game purely, it wouldn't be a big deal to them because they could care less whether it is a realistic product.

But to someone who likes football, knows football, but just happens to be playing the game for the first time and expecting it to be realistic, it's a big problem.

Are both of those people casual gamers or no?
Like I said no, and I must disagree with you, even a casual gamer would be pissed if a big fat 300 pound guy outran a guy who runs as fast as a guy like Pat White or Chris Johnson. It would like asinine and everyone could see that, casual or hardcore.

Someone who buys the game and expects it to be realistic can't really be defined as a hardcore OR casual gamer. Everyone who buys the game wants a representation of football but the casual and hardcore guidelines come into play when someone can find something wrong on EVERY play of the game as opposed to just playing the game and having fun.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #84
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't care about facemasks. Does that make me a casual gamer
Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #85
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
I don't care about facemasks. Does that make me a casual gamer
A lot of hardcore gamers don't care about facemasks. In fact, I wouldn't even call them "hardcore" gamers. I'd call them incredibly anal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #86
Rookie

Victory23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Like I said no, and I must disagree with you, even a casual gamer would be pissed if a big fat 300 pound guy outran a guy who runs as fast as a guy like Pat White or Chris Johnson. It would like asinine and everyone could see that, casual or hardcore.

Someone who buys the game and expects it to be realistic can't really be defined as a hardcore OR casual gamer. Everyone who buys the game wants a representation of football but the casual and hardcore guidelines come into play when someone can find something wrong on EVERY play of the game as opposed to just playing the game and having fun.
So what you're saying is:

Hardcore-Nitpicks to a degree, but still gets some degree of enjoyment out of the game.

Casual-Accepts the game for what it is and has fun with the game.

In that case I agree with you.

New England Patriots

Chicago Blackhawks

Washington Nationals

Chelsea FC

Old 06-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #87
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
A lot of hardcore gamers don't care about facemasks. In fact, I wouldn't even call them "hardcore" gamers. I'd call them incredibly anal.
?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #88
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory23
So what you're saying is:

Hardcore-Nitpicks to a degree, but still gets some degree of enjoyment out of the game.

Casual-Accepts the game for what it is and has fun with the game.

In that case I agree with you.
My point exactly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »