Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Update (EA Sports Blog)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Update (EA Sports Blog) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 04:07 AM   #97
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Update (EA Sports Blog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
To clarify... the recruit issues such as progression and what not, is that addressed in the Tuner Set or the patch?
In the blog it says this under the Tuner Sets section
Quote:
This is a new technology for NCAA Football 11 that allows us to not only live update and tune core gameplay parameters -- like fumbles, throw accuracy, and juke success ratings -- but it also allows us to rebalance certain core features such as recruiting logic, blocking, even control the intensity of shadows cast by the football on a sunny day
So they don't specifically say anything about progression or the actual generating of the prospects, I'm guessing this statement is more geared toward CPU teams "hoarding" 10 QB's on their roster and not recruiting needs. Hopefully it also refers to teams recruiting to their play style, like Georgia Tech recruiting specifically scrambling/running QB's.

I'm leaning toward that anything to do with the actual recruits won't be addressed or can't be addressed in a Tuner Set unfortunately. Though I'm crossing my fingers.

In the Tuner Set, the only thing I'm sure will be addressed is the frequency of fumbles.

Question
-When the NCAA team comes out with 2nd and 3rd Tuner Sets do they build off each other, like everything from Tuner Set #1 is in #2? If not can we load multiple Tuner Sets?
Old 07-30-2010, 04:20 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is just awesome news! I want to thank everyone who was complaining about issues with the game. It is very cool that EA is roaming these boards, hearing what the true NCAA fans want fixed. I know not every issue will be hit here, but this is a great start. I feel with the tuner updates and patches, this game can go from great to outstanding. Thanks EA!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #99
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
In the blog it says this under the Tuner Sets section

So they don't specifically say anything about progression or the actual generating of the prospects, I'm guessing this statement is more geared toward CPU teams "hoarding" 10 QB's on their roster and not recruiting needs. Hopefully it also refers to teams recruiting to their play style, like Georgia Tech recruiting specifically scrambling/running QB's.

I'm leaning toward that anything to do with the actual recruits won't be addressed or can't be addressed in a Tuner Set unfortunately. Though I'm crossing my fingers.

In the Tuner Set, the only thing I'm sure will be addressed is the frequency of fumbles.

Question
-When the NCAA team comes out with 2nd and 3rd Tuner Sets do they build off each other, like everything from Tuner Set #1 is in #2? If not can we load multiple Tuner Sets?
Saw this in the blog

Our first LTP should be arriving next week along with detailed notes on what the update contains. I can tell you that based on the collective feedback we've received, we will be carefully down-tuning the athleticism of defensive lineman and reduce the number of impressive picks by the big guys. We're also looking to address a few important dynasty progression and recruiting issues.

I can deal with the play action bug, just looking for the recruiting and progression fix. So how will these tuner sets work? Will they be just for online gameplay or offline dynasty?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:58 AM   #100
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
So how will these tuner sets work? Will they be just for online gameplay or offline dynasty?

you have to download them (automatically on start up i believe), thus you have to be online initially. After that you can load them up like you would load a roster you previously downloaded.
Once there are multiple tuners out there you can also choose to play with one or the other, just like with multiple roster files.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #101
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
you have to download them (automatically on start up i believe), thus you have to be online initially. After that you can load them up like you would load a roster you previously downloaded.
Once there are multiple tuners out there you can also choose to play with one or the other, just like with multiple roster files.
Hmm, that sounds easy enough. I'm always connected via Live, so that won't be a problem. Looking forward to the tuner sets next week . I sent Roy an email with a couple of questions, while I know I probably won't get a response, I'll post it here if I do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 06:06 AM   #102
Banned

OVR: 7

Well, first off, it is just really nice to read a blog like that. Very humble overtones and just makes you realize that the devs for this game really do listen and really do care about what we want as video football game players. Makes me glad I spent my money on NCAA this year.

As far as the tuners go, if it is anything like the excellent system in NHL, you can download the ones they have for online play and use them, or, you can tweak them yourself.

Now, if this is how they are done for NCAA, it will make a great game even better, as, it adds an extra layer for slider junkies, and, allows the dev team to fix issues in gameplay without having to make another patch.

Can't wait to see how they are implemented.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #103
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i say we get three tuners one won't fix everything
Old 07-30-2010, 08:22 AM   #104
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i say we get three tuners one won't fix everything
The biggest issue right now, at least tuner wise is the progression/recruiting. You have the patch to fix the release days bugs coming up the week after. While I agree with you in that I don't think it'll be a "one and done" thing, the optimist in me hopes I can actually advance past year 4 in a dynasty next week, instead of by patch #3 a month from now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »