Home

Okay, what the FFFF is up with Heisman Voting?

This is a discussion on Okay, what the FFFF is up with Heisman Voting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #1
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5
Okay, what the FFFF is up with Heisman Voting?

In an online dynasty, my WR lead the league in TD's by 4, YAC, Catches, and average yards per game, and was 1st in voting for the majority of the year. I was only 50 yards behind the WR with the most Yards.

In the final week of the season, the voting looked like this

King(my guy)
Williams
Miller

All had yellow bars, all 3 are Wideouts. Williams leads the league in yards, up by 50 on me, I lead him in literally every other category.

Miller leads the league in absolutely nothing, and is ELEVENTH in yards. ELEVENTH.

Williams and I had games, he had 2 receptions for like 70 yards and no TDs. I got king 120 yards and 2 TDs.

And MILLER, who didn't even have a game, so did nothing, and who is ELEVENTH in yards, and doesn't lead the league in anything, he's behind King and Williams in everything, WINS the damn Heisman. BY OVER 100 VOTES OVER KING, NO LESS.

Couldn't be him being on a better team, I have the best team out of the 3, I'm ranked 2, Texas (Williams) is ranked like 5th, and Oklahoma (Miller) is 6th.

King wins the trophy for best WR, as he should. I could see Williams winning the Heisman (although I'd be a bit perplexed as I should've won it with ease), but how in the WORLD does Miller walk away with it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Okay, what the FFFF is up with Heisman Voting?

I made this same exact kinda thread a couple weeks ago...I only got a few answers from it...The people that replied said the Heisman voting is kinda random.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:58 AM   #3
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

That's really too bad. I have an SEC Title, and Sugar Bowl trophy from last year. And I just won the SEC Championship again this year against a user using LSU, and I won the Trophy for best WR, and am in the National Championship against a user using Michigan. It would've been awesome to win the SEC Trophy, Heisman, and NC (if I do win) in one season.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 AM   #4
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

Heisman is rigged, though it may be accurate as it often time becomes a popularity contest in real life. You would think they would fix it for NCAA 11 to make it stats/season performance related but I guess not.

Rankings are also messed up, I always play 2 or 3 more highly ranked teams than most and even with 1 loss are behind people who play scraps all year. Why not fix this in NCAA 11 even though it is wack in real life?
Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 AM   #5
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I feel your pain meep316. I once had my RB finish with 500+ more yards, 10+ TDs & 2.0+ YPC than the Heisman winner. My guy got 0 first place votes and a bunch of 2nd and 3rd place votes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

restart game and sim if you haven't saved already. i had that happen to me before with my qb. who not only lead every statistical group for his position but broke numerous school and ncaa records. yet still did not win. fortunatly i save after every game and recruiting before i move on in case something like that happens. then i re simmed the game and all was well. i had won the heisman like everyone one in there right mind would have expected.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
Rookie

AUMCHUGH's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
In an online dynasty, my WR lead the league in TD's by 4, YAC, Catches, and average yards per game, and was 1st in voting for the majority of the year. I was only 50 yards behind the WR with the most Yards.

In the final week of the season, the voting looked like this

King(my guy)
Williams
Miller

All had yellow bars, all 3 are Wideouts. Williams leads the league in yards, up by 50 on me, I lead him in literally every other category.

Miller leads the league in absolutely nothing, and is ELEVENTH in yards. ELEVENTH.

Williams and I had games, he had 2 receptions for like 70 yards and no TDs. I got king 120 yards and 2 TDs.

And MILLER, who didn't even have a game, so did nothing, and who is ELEVENTH in yards, and doesn't lead the league in anything, he's behind King and Williams in everything, WINS the damn Heisman. BY OVER 100 VOTES OVER KING, NO LESS.

Couldn't be him being on a better team, I have the best team out of the 3, I'm ranked 2, Texas (Williams) is ranked like 5th, and Oklahoma (Miller) is 6th.

King wins the trophy for best WR, as he should. I could see Williams winning the Heisman (although I'd be a bit perplexed as I should've won it with ease), but how in the WORLD does Miller walk away with it?
Out of curiosity - who is your team? You mentioned the others, but failed to state your own. We know Oklahoma & Texas are the other two.

Also, maybe, just maybe, your guy is a douche? Possibly he's a great athlete and is God's gift to football, but "lacking in the personality department". I am joking (btw). Or the other schools pumped more money into their guy's Heisman campaign??.....

Regardless, you proved that Heisman isn't won on statistics alone.. kinda like real life..??
Old 08-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I feel your pain meep316. I once had my RB finish with 500+ more yards, 10+ TDs & 2.0+ YPC than the Heisman winner. My guy got 0 first place votes and a bunch of 2nd and 3rd place votes.
I had Ryan Williams get 2000 yards and 35 touchdowns, but he didn't even get a top 3 vote. Not even on the list!
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »