Home

Okay, what the FFFF is up with Heisman Voting?

This is a discussion on Okay, what the FFFF is up with Heisman Voting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Okay, what the FFFF is up with Heisman Voting?

Whats the playe rating and the team for you?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I had this happen as well. My running back for North Carolina, Draughn, was dominant all year and was first in the Heisman voting for the last 4 weeks of the season. No one was close to his rushing yards and rushing tds. When the Heisman vote came around, the guy in 2nd ( I believe it was Mark Ingram) and he had I think 1303 total votes and I had 785 total votes and came in second. I thought this was crap so I didnt save it and redid the heisman vote thing and hoped it would fix and what i noticed is that Draughn won this time and got 1303 total votes and Ingram got 785 total votes. It was just flipped around. So maybe there is a glitch where the 2nd place guy is mistakenly given the Heisman trophy. I dont know. just thought I would let you know what happened.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I had Ryan Williams get 2000 yards and 35 touchdowns, but he didn't even get a top 3 vote. Not even on the list!
It's because you're UNC

Colts: 0-0
Fightin' Irish: 0-0
Leafs: 0-0

Follow me on Twitter for some good lol'z
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #12
Rookie

mkam89's Arena

I had something similar. My qb was leading the heisman race all year. I was USC so I didn't have a conference championship but Texas did and their qb and rb were #2 & 3 in the hesiman. I thought for sure the qb would jump me (that's just the way the game works) but was surprised to see the rb jump us both.

I looked at his stats. <1000 yards rushing and 9 td's and < 5ypc. He won the heisman as a 2nd team all-american. My rb (who wasn't even in the heisman voting) had 2000+ yds double the td's and ~8ypc. Not to mention my qb put up great numbers and got all the other awards he was up for. Both my guys were first team AA.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #13
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUMCHUGH
Out of curiosity - who is your team? You mentioned the others, but failed to state your own. We know Oklahoma & Texas are the other two.

Also, maybe, just maybe, your guy is a douche? Possibly he's a great athlete and is God's gift to football, but "lacking in the personality department". I am joking (btw). Or the other schools pumped more money into their guy's Heisman campaign??.....

Regardless, you proved that Heisman isn't won on statistics alone.. kinda like real life..??
Oh yeah sorry. I'm Georgia, we're in Year 2 of our Online Dynasty and the receiver is Tavarres King. King was the first WR AA, and Williams 2nd, and Miller was 3rd, and he won.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #14
Rookie

Maybe the Heisman winner returned for his team and got some stats there
Old 08-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #15
Rookie

Not in Dynasty, but RTG, I got screwed even more. My RB was a God. All most too good, but was dicking around with rtg waiting for dynasty fixes. Anyway, number 2 unbeaten Nebraska the whole year, 99 or 98 overall rating. 2800 yards rushing!!! 850 yards receiving. At least 35 or so total TD's. Come in second to the RB for #1 Michigan. Guy had like 1300 yards rushing and about 850 receiving. Far fewer TD's.

At least my RB finally won it Senior year. He did win 3 Doaks, 3 Maxwells, and 3 Camps though. But yeah they seriously screwed the pooch on Heisman voting this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Of course, when you're looking at Heisman stats (as opposed to "best position" stats") you need to look at them all. A WR who carries the ball and returns kicks/punts has those stats counted for the Heisman and not just their receiving stats.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »