Home

They Fired Me

This is a discussion on They Fired Me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #17
Rookie

AUMCHUGH's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: They Fired Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins4ever
can you sue?

claim discrmination

This is America! It's never your fault!
Wait until the Mike Leach case is finished. Then you'll know....
Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: They Fired Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Anyone else think that the game doesn't give coaches enough time to establish a good team?

I started my Buffalo dynasty a while back and I completely simulated Year 1 (except for recruiting) and went 4-8. Had a terrible recruiting class and my 2nd Year team was actually worse than the previous years. I make a cupcake schedule and manage to go 7-5 and get a bowl bid. Draft class was better but still terrible. Start my 3rd Year 4-0 and then injuries destroy my team. End up finishing 7-5 again with another bowl bid. Finally get a good recruiting class and BAM, contract terminated. I was so pissed.

My coaching contracts were as follows...

Year 1:
Beat Rival SU - Failed
Receive a Bowl Bid - Failed
Beat a 5 or 6 Star Program - Failed

Year 2:
Beat Rival SU - Failed
Receive a Bowl Bid - Completed

Year 3:
Beat Rival SU - Failed
Finish in the Top 3 of the MAC - Failed

Beating a 5 or 6 Star program isn't a realist goal for a team like Buffalo. It just seemed a little pie in the sky.

What you should do is find a another team and then face buffalo every year you are at the new school.
Then maybe you will beat buffalo every year or beat them soundly where they might offer you the job back .
Or you could play Buffalo with every team you go to and make their seasons miserable.
Or you could play as the opponent that Buffalo faces each year and beat them so they would go winless each year.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #19
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I could understand if I was coaching Notre Dame and was fired but it's Buffalo. Considering that they were a 1-10 team just a few years ago, two 7-5 seasons can't be that bad (with 2 bowl appearances).

Oh well, now I know what I have to do. I wish EA would do more personal (team based) goal system, that's some what possible/realistic.
dude like the guy said you didnt beat your rival once! and you failed a ton of goals. If you fail the beat a 5 or 6 program thats fine but if you knocked out the other 2 every year then you would have been extended. its your fault not the game.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #20
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
dude like the guy said you didnt beat your rival once! and you failed a ton of goals. If you fail the beat a 5 or 6 program thats fine but if you knocked out the other 2 every year then you would have been extended. its your fault not the game.
A little harsh but spot on TRUTH!

I started with Ark St and I knocked out the rivals each year and made it to a bowl game year 2-4. End of season 2(I think it was, might have been season 1) I got a 7 year extension. These little schools really WANT to beat their rivals and go to a bowl, thats about it!

Good luck on the next go-round.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:19 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love this game!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 12:31 AM   #22
Rookie

You guys who are saying it's his fault are definitely wrong. Have you ever done a SIM dynasty??? He has no control over how the games play out. Sure, if he was actually playing the games and lost to his rivals, that's one thing. But aside from setting a game plan and bringing in two recruiting classes (which of course is much harder to get good classes with crappy schools this year), there isn't much he can do. Plus to have a completely unrealistic goal of beating a 5 or 6 star school... I mean really, how the **** are you supposed to do that with a crappy team in a sim dynasty? You can't rebuild fast enough to do that. The problem here is that the game gave him a couple of unrealistic goals, and put too much emphasis on those goals instead of his overall approval rating. In real life, if a coach a crappy bottom of the barrel program from horrible to two 7-5 seasons in a row with bowl bids, he would not have been fired.

Buffalo has had two winning seasons in the past 23 years... OP had two winning season in three years... and he gets fired. LOL.

Last edited by ghettoqball; 08-26-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #23
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
You guys who are saying it's his fault are definitely wrong. Have you ever done a SIM dynasty???
Ok, its late and I am a bit touchy but...

The OP specifically said,

Quote:
...I completely simulated Year 1 (except for recruiting) and went 4-8.
That's how he worded it SO, the inference is year 2 and 3 he didn't sim every game...don't know if that's correct but that's how I took it.

I'm a little ticked at life so I will leave my thoughts unwritten so to dodge the ban-hammer.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #24
Rookie

Upallnight's Arena

OVR: 3

He only simmed one year according to his post...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »