Home

Denard Robinson

This is a discussion on Denard Robinson within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Denard Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMan22
Dorsey should have never been recruited, kid had a 1.7 gpa before he went to that alternative school and he still has not gotten admitted at Louisville that's on Rich Rod for thinking that would fly at a school like Michigan. Jury is still out on Turner I agree but to me it comes down to recruiting and this staff just frankly is not that good. Instead of taking 3-4 slots/wideouts a year like we had done the past 2 years why don't we take 5 or 6 corners or 3-4 pure linebackers? Almost every Michigan fan made fun of Tressel when he took 6 corners back in the 06 or 07 class I believe. It's not so funny now, even when their highly rated guys don't pan out (ie Eugene Clifford and James Scott) they have 3 or 4 who do because they recruit so many as well as their ability to develop them. Although Gibson is our best recruiter on staff the things he has pulled the last 3 years are grounds for being fired, but he's Rich Rod's lacky.
Good argument. I agree with everything you said, I guess I just am more of a Rich Rod apologist than you. I still think the defense needs to show some improvement this year, with next year (we will finally be deep enough to at least have an experienced 2-deep) being the final straw. If the defense isn't at least in the top half of the NCAA then maybe it is time for Rich Rod to go. I will say that it will be hard to find a better offensive coach though.

Alex Trebek: That's not a category.

Keanu Reeves: My mistake. I shall choose Balloons for $600.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:13 AM   #74
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMan86
And the reason for my banning was what?
I'm not sure but your next ban will be for creating multiple accounts! Bye bye

This thread went downhill!

Anyways...Denard is good. However I don't believe he can sustain his play. Defenses will better game plan and take away the run. Honestly UMASS did it pretty well. UofM just had better athletes and without that last minute spurt in the first half they lose the game.

And that run vs ND was not that impressive if you ask me. If you put a competent safety back there instead of Harrison Smith #22, that play never gets past 15 yards.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #75
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

If you guys want to discuss Michigan Football do it here. http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...lege-football/

Otherwise please stay on topic.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #76
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Well this has gotten nuts but to the original point of editing D Rob's attributes. I think he has like 80 throwing accuracy (atleast in the CK11 rosters) that should atleast be upped to 85 which I think is what Forcier has and the reports even out of spring ball were that Robinson was tossing it around as well as, if not better than Forcier. As for speed if someone can find out what the speed rating of the two ND deep backs he toasted (#s 4 & 2) on the 80+ yard run just bump it up from that. He just ran right past them.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMan22
We have had 2 dc's in the last 3 years and nothing has gotten better with regards to recruiting on defense or play on the field. Maybe it's not the coordinators that should be getting the bulk of the blame maybe it should fall on our head coach Rich Rodriguez and his buddies(ie the position coaches on defense) They have been the mainstays the last 3 years and the fact that Tony Gibson still has a job has all but taken away the little faith I had in Rich taking our program back to the elite level. If Gibson can't coach our secondary and can't field a competent special teams unit why does he still have a job? Rich's loyalty to his position coaches is going to be his downfall among other things.
You cant really blame Gibson right now. Its the defense as a unit. Is it really Gibson's fault that the safeties dont have the speed to run the 3-3-5? No. In my opinion, we are running the wrong defensive scheme. And this isnt just my opinion, its the opinion of alot of other Michigan fans. We need to be running the 4-3, but unfortunately, we dont have the depth on the line ready at the moment to run it. Also, we have been getting murdered with injuries and players leaving and not qualifying.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #78
Pro

NY Eer's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
they are asked to do different things

pat white put up some really nice numbers for WVU - what did that get them, or him, or rich rod?

antwan randal el threw and ran for 200 in a game as well - what did that get him?

i'll take the wins
It got WVU 2 BCS wins and if RR wouldn't have choked vs Pitt...a NC game. It got PW 4 New Years Day bowl wins and the all time QB rushing record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »