Home

Denard Robinson

This is a discussion on Denard Robinson within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Denard Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7unholyconfessions7
I don't think a fraud of a coach turns a 3/4 star athlete that nobody would recruit to play quarterback into a heisman front-runner. Michigan played poorly on defense today, and that does fall on the head coach, but understand that Rich Rod has been successful as an offensive genius. Michigan is very young and lacking numbers on the defensive side of the ball. They played poor, but our defensive coordinator, Greg Robinson, is the coach to blame for that.
Ok, I havent been around for a while because of college, and havent even logged in. Ive just been stalking the threads every now and then as a guest. But not I feel I need to chime in as I am a huge Michigan fan. While today was just embarrassing, if you are blaming Rich Rodriguez, you need to get your head checked out. I completely agree with you, the person to blame is Greg Robinson. The defense is awful. But there are a few bright spots, namely Mike Martin, Ryan Van Bergen, Craig Roh, Jonas Mouton and Jordan Kovacs. Sure they make mistakes alot, but at least these guys know where to be and how to wrap up a player!

On to Denard, he struggled today at the beginning, but he came back and played great. I was extremely impressed with the way Denard came back from that early pick. He is a great player, and I am happy he is on our side. For that, I have to thank Florida for recruiting him as a DB/WR and not as a QB. Now that I am home, I am using him with Oregon's playbook in my dynasty after 2 games with Mississippi State's playbook. With Oregon's playbook, he is DEADLY! Truly utalizes his abilities

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

Last edited by yanks26ngoin; 09-18-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Offensive genius? Not even close.
Good recruiter? Very good at bringing in great players.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:48 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Ok, I havent been around for a while because of college, and havent even logged in. Ive just been stalking the threads every now and then as a guest. But not I feel I need to chime in as I am a huge Michigan fan. While today was just embarrassing, if you are blaming Rich Rodriguez, you need to get your head checked out. I completely agree with you, the person to blame is Greg Robinson. The defense is awful. But there are a few bright spots, namely Mike Martin, Ryan Van Bergen, Craig Roh, Jonas Mouton and Jordan Kovacs. Sure they make mistakes alot, but at least these guys know where to be and how to wrap up a player!

On to Denard, he struggled today at the beginning, but he came back and played great. I was extremely impressed with the way Denard came back from that early pick. He is a great player, and I am happy he is on our side. For that, I have to thank Florida for recruiting him as a DB/WR and not as a QB. Now that I am home, I am using him with Oregon's playbook in my dynasty after 2 games with Mississippi State's playbook. With Oregon's playbook, he is DEADLY! Truly utalizes his abilities
Hey I'm just curious have u tried Michigan with the Florida playbook? It looks like it might be a possible fit for the spread running game but I haven't tried it yet...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 01:07 AM   #52
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
Hey I'm just curious have u tried Michigan with the Florida playbook? It looks like it might be a possible fit for the spread running game but I haven't tried it yet...
Great Playbook for Robinson.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:32 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herruberraschen
Offensive genius? Not even close.
Good recruiter? Very good at bringing in great players.
You lose all credibility when saying things like that. Call him a bad head coach, but don't knock his offensive prowess. He is one of the biggest innovators of the modern day spread that is taking over college football.

Alex Trebek: That's not a category.

Keanu Reeves: My mistake. I shall choose Balloons for $600.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #54
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

I see alot of you guys using or suggesting different playbooks for Michigan but have you guys really tried Michigan's playbook?? I think you can do alot of damage with Michigans playbook and can run alot easier with it. Thier load option's and load option passes are great. Not to mention the plays they have in the empty spread formation. I have used those other playbooks alot as well for Michigan and Oregon but I like the results I get better with Michigan's playbook.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #55
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Richrod is NOT a great recruiter - look at the guys he's bringing into Michigan. Most of them are not highly rated, a good number of them boast other offers from MAC-type schools, and now he's losing a bunch of them because they are falling behind walk ons and freshmen in the depth charts. He needs to realize that he's recruiting for MIchigan which normally means he can go after all 5 and 4 star players from across the country.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin

Once again my fellow Michigan fans are proving just how stupid they really are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »