Home

Denard Robinson

This is a discussion on Denard Robinson within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #17
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Denard Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
they are asked to do different things

pat white put up some really nice numbers for WVU - what did that get them, or him, or rich rod?
Pat White won four bowls including two BCS games. They also had 3 top 10 finishes while he was there. He is the only QB in history to win four straight bowl games. He is sixth all time in wins as a QB and holds numerous records for QB's. His play also lead to Rich Rod getting the Michigan job. So I would say his play got him pretty far.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Wrong, ND has a better defense then 6 or 7 of the Big 11 teams.
He will destroy the bottom half of the Big 11.
Notre Dame?? Defense??

I agree there is some bad teams at the bottom of the big 10, but I still wouldnt say Notre Dame has a better defense then them.

I say exercise caution getting too excited about Robinson. Last year at this time everyone was raving about Forcier, saying he was the real deal, exciting, fast. By the end of the season he was a bum.

That being said Michigans schedule is easy for the next few weeks, so get ready to hear more about how great he is as Umass and BGSU will not offer much of a chance of stopping him.

Unless the guy really improved over the off season, he did not do very well in the games he got PT late last season against good teams. Including 10 carries for a whole 31 yards against Ohio State.

So yes I'm not sold on Robinson just yet.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

On DK's latest roster, he had Robinson at an 88 overall I believe, with speed at 95. His THP and THA are like 88, 86.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
On DK's latest roster, he had Robinson at an 88 overall I believe, with speed at 95. His THP and THA are like 88, 86.
88 thp-82 tha. I still would like to see more immediate and deeper routes before giving him a higher THA.

I have to agree with the post who mentioned Robinson and the 30 carries a game. He is going to get killed if he even averages over 20 the rest of the way. He isn't a big guy and when he has to face big 10 teams week after week he is bound to get tagged.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
88 thp-82 tha. I still would like to see more immediate and deeper routes before giving him a higher THA.

I have to agree with the post who mentioned Robinson and the 30 carries a game. He is going to get killed if he even averages over 20 the rest of the way. He isn't a big guy and when he has to face big 10 teams week after week he is bound to get tagged.
Further perspective...Ron Dayne only averaged around 22 carries a game and he was an absolute beast and built like a truck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 10

Robinson in the playbook used by the Gators = 360 yards on the ground
Old 09-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 28

As a huge ND fan, I was real impressed with Robinson. Not just because he torched ND on the ground, he didn't turn the ball over. He also took what ND's defense gave him. ND, which is still shy of athletes on the defensive side of the ball (minus T'eo, Smith, O'Neal ...DB's are suspect at best), had to play off the UM receivers. Very few times did Robinson miss the mark.

However, Robinson will have some struggles when he gets into the meat of the Big 10+1+1 schedule. Iowa, Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State have some of the strongest front sevens in the country and athletes that can match Michigan's.

It will be interesting to see when Robinson is forced to throw more when UM trails. As good as UM's offense has looked, its defense is subpar and UM will be forced to put up 30+ a game against better defenses then they have faced thus far....
Old 09-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #24
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

This sounds the same as the Tate Forcier love affair thru 3-4 games last year. You can't buy into the hype after TWO games. Let's see him go thru the Big Ten schedule before we annoint this guy as the best QB in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »