Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Coaching Carousel Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
I agree. HOw many A+ coaches you think there should be?
Only a handful. I would look at their NC's won in their career and their overall win/loss record. So therefore, only a handful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #26
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Not sure if I agree here. Muschamp was certainly a high-prestige coordinator whose prestige easily carried over to his new head coaching position. Same thing with Miss. St's coach who is already being talked about for other, even higher head coaching positions.
In fact, in this day and age of multi-million dollar contracts and TV-contracts, I think more and more HC's are hired from OC/DC poistions already carrying our video-game's 'high prestige' concept. IMHO, the 'taking a chance on potential' ideal has declined as more schools are looking to not skip a beat, not wait for a new HC to mature. They want to win yesterday, not in a year or two, hence, "let's hire a high-profile HC/OC/DC."
Just my thoughts and opinions, though.

Dabo Swinney was an A+ WR coach, why did his prestige drop to a C+ then?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #27
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Why would prestige change? Think of it this way Monte Kiffin is a DC at USC if he became a Head coach does he all of a sudden become less prestigious. That wouldn't make sense. If it was an experience rating tied to this stuff that would be the one that should change if your position changes.
I think the prestige should change. Charlie Weiss should be an A+ OC without a doubt, but if he gets another HC job, he shouldn't be an A+ HC.

On another note, I found it interesting that NCSt signed their OC, but he wasn't one of their top 3 candidates. If they were considering him, then I think he should've been in the top 3.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec
Looks like a fun addition to the game. In my opinion, they had way too many OC, DC, and HC's with A+ ratings but that is the beauty of being able to edit coaches. I think that there should be a few A+ ratings and that it should vary all the way down. Is anybody considering creating coaches? If so, what is your plan for different coaches? Might be a good idea to create a google doc to start some discussion about various coaches and what their prestige should be...
already on it, hit link

btw, need help uploading excel spreadsheet so others can see and tweak it

has hc, oc and dc for all schools, plus a rating system based on win%, conf win%, bowls, etc.

link
Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #29
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

The OC from Hawaii was hired as an A+ head coach at Ball State toward the end of the video. Looks like Ball State is getting a huge boost in progression and recruiting going from a D+ coach to an A+..

I don't know how realistic that is though, hopefully it plays out well in game.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #30
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The OC from Hawaii was hired as an A+ head coach at Ball State toward the end of the video. Looks like Ball State is getting a huge boost in progression and recruiting going from a D+ coach to an A+..

I don't know how realistic that is though, hopefully it plays out well in game.

Yeh, I mean this might not even mean anything right now maybe the prestige drops at the start of the season? But it would seem like they would go ahead and change it after they are hired.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #31
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
I agree. HOw many A+ coaches you think there should be?
Absolute max of 10. And in real life that many don't exist. I can think of 5 or 6. Saban, Meyer, Tressel, Brown, Stoops and I might throw Miles in there. No way Patterson or Peterson is.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #32
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Very cool. I love the little contacting coach thing they do during the carousel.

The only gripe I have, is it seemed like half the coaches have A+ Prestige. If that is the case, then 5 years down the road, everyone will have A+ prestige coaches. Its possible that when someone releases a Coaching set on the roster share that it could be fixed.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »