Home

NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later.

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4
NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later.

I've been playing this game since 2004 and while NCAA 11 felt improved over previous years, I'm really getting a sense of deja vu with this NCAA 12 demo. Most of the issues from previous games are still in here and it seems like the NCAA team only cares about adding 2-3 new "features" each year and slapping on a $60 price tag. Of course if they had nothing to fix each year and made a damn near perfect game, then people would stop buying it yearly since last year was so great. I hear that is the issue now with NBA 2K12 after the amazing NBA 2K11.

I dunno man... I think the days of getting this game on launch are over and probably waiting until the season actually starts because it will not only be cheaper, the user rosters will be up to speed with the actual players and not speculation. The game usually gets cheaper around the release of Madden when the sports gamers move on.

A lot of the friends that I used to play the game with online either don't have an Xbox 360 or play online anymore used to be the factor in getting the game around release. I think waiting until August or September and grabbing this used seems to be the route. I know I will be "punished" with the EA pass nonsense, but this is the same damn game every year.

Last edited by t3g; 06-28-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NCAA 12 may be the first one I buy used months later.

No duh, football doesn't change that much and there is only so much you can add before something gets stale. What were you expecting this year when you opened the box, cricket?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Interesting. Most seem to want to buy this one right away in comparison to past years.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

"Join Date: May 2008"

Not to sound like a jerk, but you are relatively new to this game so you have nothing to base your opinions on. There are still features missing from the PS2/Xbox games and just because there are new graphics doesn't mean it covers up for them being lazy. I am very aware of the graphics being the same every year considering EA usually preps one engine at the start of a console cycle and uses that for 5+ years with minor adjustments.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g

Not to sound like a jerk, but you are relatively new to this game so you have nothing to base your opinions on.
Whaa...? I didn't know everyone had to join OS before playing their first NCAA game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Whaa...? I didn't know everyone had to join OS before playing their first NCAA game...
My thoughts exactly. I guess the OP thinks this is my first year playing NCAA since I joined this May. Nevermind the fact that I've played them since NCAA Football 2001. :P
Old 06-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g

Not to sound like a jerk, but you are relatively new to this game so you have nothing to base your opinions on. There are still features missing from the PS2/Xbox games and just because there are new graphics doesn't mean it covers up for them being lazy. I am very aware of the graphics being the same every year considering EA usually preps one engine at the start of a console cycle and uses that for 5+ years with minor adjustments.
Ummm just because someone joined this site in 2008 doesn't mean they haven't been playing longer. I've been playing 8 years and just found this site 2 years ago and had to create a second account a couple months ago. I wouldn't be so soon on the trigger to take shots at people.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

The best part of the game isnt in the demo at least, i say pick up a friends and play the dynasty/campus legend part. I cant played online or offline regular games with the past games anyways. I do feel like this game is very similar though as well. oh well, ill still get it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »