Home

If you could add one feature

This is a discussion on If you could add one feature within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If you could add one feature
Full player editing in dynasty 50 19.76%
Better commentary 57 22.53%
Better crowd noise/reactions 39 15.42%
Medical Redshirts 18 7.11%
Dynamic conference prestige 36 14.23%
Other 53 20.95%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #65
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: If you could add one feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
This is really easy for me, actually a no brainer, shocked that it isn't a option on the poll

PLAYOFF MODE

Nuff said
Nuff Said is right.
The biggie that turns me off NCAA.
No Playoffs just BCS BS!

Last edited by jr86; 07-08-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #66
Rookie

RamzaLugria's Arena

OVR: 5

FCS teams as part of dynasty. I can't stand this FCS generic business. It can't be that hard.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #67
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Dynamic Conference Prestige

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #68
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

It's a little tough to decide between a couple of the features since previous editions had them to some degree. I remember 07/08 had a huge influence for homefield where when the crowd got into it, the controller shook and there were blown assignments/audibles and players could get rattled. Also the medical redshirts were in the same years. It's not fun having a top level player go down in the first two games and then having to lose the entire year of eligibility (even worse when that player had been red-shirted).

A full player editor would be good. Some of the incoming recruits have some ratings that would conceivably considered below a walk-on level at a mid-major to a minor FBS school.

I do like some of the other ideas too but if I had to pick one, I would say some type of crowd and player dynamic. The crowd should be more involved in the game with more dynamic reactions to big plays and even bring in some of the dynamic from student sections. With more crowd involvement, that can lead to an effect on some players where there could be missed assignments, blown audibles/coverages, dropped/air-mailed passes, and even confidence boosts (not like the +5 ovr boost from 07/08 but just a better likelihood of a positive result).
Old 07-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #69
Rookie

EvanAllMighty4's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash Woodson
Training Camp, Spring game, and the ability to scrimmage your own team in practice mode with live game clock.. these are basics and no brainers

but i have a question:

why is it so important for people to edit player ratings within the dynasty? i honestly do not understand but from what i get from this is that if we have the ability to edit ratings of our players, then what is the point of recruiting anyone? So since i didnt get the #1 QB in the nation i can just take the #115 QB that i did get and boost his ratings? i am not bashing any of your opinions but this is the perspective that i see it at. It kills the stakes of recruiting talent. Please somebody correct me
While there will be people who edit there one star recruits and turn them into 99 overall studs, the thing I like best about this feature is the ability to edit players heights/weights. A kid who comes in out of high school will not be the same size come his Soph. year. For instance, Lattimore played at around 215 last year, now he is 231. Devin Taylor came in at 215, now plays at 248. These kids are working with great trainers in a college weight rooms, and we now have the ability to show that.

As for my feature pick, the ability to have duplicate numbers in roster edits, and a better Teambuilder site.

Last edited by EvanAllMighty4; 07-08-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #70
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Presentation.

My cousin came in while I was playing the demo and he wasn't really paying attention but saw the tv from a far and though the game was real because of ESPN College Football graphics. Let's throw Mark May in here, leave out Lou Holtz, Lord knows no one can understand him. NCAA already has the pre-game information about a top player and blah blah, why can't you implement a halftime show with highlights, the game already saves a replay of EVERY play, it shouldn't be hard to recognize what happened during the play and tall about it 20 minutes later. If a game that came out 7 years ago could do it, (ESPN NFL 2K5) you would think a game on the next-gen consoles would be able to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »