Home

Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

This is a discussion on Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Wow! Looks like the Triple Option doesn't work again!

Here we go again... Let's make a new rule. You can't call for a patch until you've actually played the game. LOL!

This is a user vs user game on default settings -- hardly the end-all-be-all for showcasing a true game of NCAA 12.

Calmez-vous!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichFootball17
I think the problem is that not a single defender is fooled by the fake hand off to the FB. They're going straight to the real ball carrier every single time.
Exactly..........
Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

This is my biggest pet peeve with EVERY video football game that I have ever played. Plays/routes that are either way too successful, or that plays that practically never work. I cringe when I hear them promoting all the new plays that are added each year. I would rather them reduce the playbooks and focus on ALL the plays having an accurate success/failure rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Are we complaining about the CPU running the option or when a human runs it? When I run it, I tend to run all over the D. The GT user was constantly getting tackled by the DE. Mebbe he should have switched over to a tight end based formation that would have accounted for him.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

It just seems like the QB has no time to get moving off the play fake. As soon as he pulls the ball there are 2 guys tackling him

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Here we go again... Let's make a new rule. You can't call for a patch until you've actually played the game. LOL!

This is a user vs user game on default settings -- hardly the end-all-be-all for showcasing a true game of NCAA 12.

Calmez-vous!
Played it last year. Problems that plagued it last year seem to persist. Backside d-linemen crash down super fast. Strong side DEs break blocks as soon as QB gets to the outside. OLBs shoot gaps and are in the backfield super quick and CBs are in the backfield. I can see all of that.

Cbs first responsibility is to cover the WR. His first steps should be a backpedal and at the very least the Wr should be initiating contact or at least attempting to block the CB 3 to 5 yards down the field but, CBs playing 5 yards off are 5 yards into the backfield in an instant.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #15
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
It just seems like the QB has no time to get moving off the play fake. As soon as he pulls the ball there are 2 guys tackling him
Yeah it does. Mebbe a patch could help this, but I do not think so. This looks more like an engine problem to me.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib

sounds like he should have given the ball to the fullback then

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »