Home

Hey Gamestop: Are ya gonna let Amazon get all your ncaa 12 preorders returned?

This is a discussion on Hey Gamestop: Are ya gonna let Amazon get all your ncaa 12 preorders returned? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #9
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Hey Gamestop: Are ya gonna let Amazon get all your ncaa 12 preorders returned?

If you paid for your preorder with Cash, Debit, or Credit card you will get your money back AS LONG AS you have your Receipt.

If you paid for it with trade-ins, gift card, or trade credit put on a Power Ups card then you only get it back on Gift Card or Power Up card or you can just move the money to another pre-order.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hey Gamestop: Are ya gonna let Amazon get all your ncaa 12 preorders returned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodydan
I could see Gamestop losing a lot of money on this. Your call Gamestop. Check, raise or fold. Anyone else smell a bidding war? Hope so- then we get an even better deal!
You must be new to video games. Amazon does this all the time, and Gamestop never reacts to it.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #11
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
They don't give you cash back. They give you a gift card or whatever. But you can always just pick-up the game you've pre-ordered, then returned it unopened for the cash back.
No, they give cash. It really doesn't matter how u paid either. I have paid with both trade ins and my debit card and received cash when I cancelled.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 07-08-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #12
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXZeke
If you paid for your preorder with Cash, Debit, or Credit card you will get your money back AS LONG AS you have your Receipt.

If you paid for it with trade-ins, gift card, or trade credit put on a Power Ups card then you only get it back on Gift Card or Power Up card or you can just move the money to another pre-order.
Yes, this is the way it works. I have cancelled twice so far because the 2 other Game Stops I preordered from wasnt having a midnight release. Got my money back and went to the one that was.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

guys kmart gives you $20 towards your next game also .. all you have to do is get a rewards card a la best buy... but you credit is always in your card and you can banked it out anytime you go shopping there for anything. I only used the credits for games.. i give them my phone number and i have about $50 in credits right now from MLB the show and MvsC ... check out kmart guys
Sammy LN52A750.Onkyo TXSR706.Sammy UN46B8000,Yamaha RXV465,3 Monster THX Speakers 200 w/Monster stands.2 Monster THX Speaker 100 w/Monster stands.Klipsch SUB10.PS3,Xbox 360 w/HDMI.Directv HDDVR Black.Iomega HD multimedia drive.Gateway Custom Made Gaming PC connected to TV via HDMI.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #14
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
They don't give you cash back. They give you a gift card or whatever. But you can always just pick-up the game you've pre-ordered, then returned it unopened for the cash back.
It all depends on how you pay. If you paid with cash or card you can get cash back. If you paid with trade ins you get a gift card back.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-08-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #15
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
No, they give cash. It really doesn't matter how u paid either. I have paid with both trade ins and my debit card and received cash when I cancelled.
Wait...if I go in and tradein a game and choose cash, they give me less cash than if I apply that to a new game. So you are saying, apply that full amount to a new release and then come back a day or two and they will just give you the full amount? That don't seem right...

They should require a receipt before you get any money back. Convert it to a store credit or buy another game and they shouldn't need a receipt but if you actually want money back you gotta get it back exactly how you spent it.

Cash = Cash
Credit/Debit Card = back on the SAME credit/debit card

My guess from retail experience, they would(with receipt) treat the tradein just like you were doing it again, a do over. If you decided to take the cash option they would hold out their part and you get the lesser total back.

Either way, can't see them giving free cash advances on credit/debit cards besides, I think thats illegal for them to do it that way. Whatever...good luck to ya!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXZeke

I've never had to have my receipt to cancel and get my cash back. That info is in thier system and they'll tell you how you paid for it and how they can give money back.
But yes the rest is true.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »