Home

Hey Gamestop: Are ya gonna let Amazon get all your ncaa 12 preorders returned?

This is a discussion on Hey Gamestop: Are ya gonna let Amazon get all your ncaa 12 preorders returned? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #17
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Hey Gamestop: Are ya gonna let Amazon get all your ncaa 12 preorders returned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
It all depends on how you pay. If you paid with cash or card you can get cash back. If you paid with trade ins you get a gift card back.
Man...much better said. I will leave my response only cause it took me 5 min to write it
Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Hey Gamestop: Are ya gonna let Amazon get all your ncaa 12 preorders returned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
guys kmart gives you $20 towards your next game also .. all you have to do is get a rewards card a la best buy... but you credit is always in your card and you can banked it out anytime you go shopping there for anything. I only used the credits for games.. i give them my phone number and i have about $50 in credits right now from MLB the show and MvsC ... check out kmart guys
And so how is that different than Amazon, given that you don't use the bonus money for anything other than games AND you have to pay tax? Amazon, I'm getting a $20 gift card that goes towards just about anything Amazon sells, don't pay tax, and it's at my doorstep for free ($1 if you don't have prime). Not to mention, Kmart's are much harder to find than they were 15 years ago when they went through the whole bankruptcy shenanigan. Closest one I know is a good 20-30 minutes away.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #19
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
Wait...if I go in and tradein a game and choose cash, they give me less cash than if I apply that to a new game. So you are saying, apply that full amount to a new release and then come back a day or two and they will just give you the full amount? That don't seem right...

If you trade games in towards a new release and cancel later you can get it back but ONLY in a gift card etc.. no cash but yep...full amount. What I do is trade towards new releases that have the special offers like "Get extra 25% trade value when trading towards "insert game" "
Then I can cancel later and get gift card or put it all on another game.

They should require a receipt before you get any money back. Convert it to a store credit or buy another game and they shouldn't need a receipt but if you actually want money back you gotta get it back exactly how you spent it.

Don't know why buy I've never had to have a receipt when I canceled pre-orders. Probably because It's all in their system
Cash = Cash
Credit/Debit Card = back on the SAME credit/debit card

My guess from retail experience, they would(with receipt) treat the tradein just like you were doing it again, a do over. If you decided to take the cash option they would hold out their part and you get the lesser total back.

Either way, can't see them giving free cash advances on credit/debit cards besides, I think thats illegal for them to do it that way. Whatever...good luck to ya!
See above...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #20
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
guys kmart gives you $20 towards your next game also .. all you have to do is get a rewards card a la best buy... but you credit is always in your card and you can banked it out anytime you go shopping there for anything. I only used the credits for games.. i give them my phone number and i have about $50 in credits right now from MLB the show and MvsC ... check out kmart guys
KMart also had a pretty short expiration date IIRC. When I got a credit from L.A. Noire I had to use it in less than a month.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #21
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
KMart also had a pretty short expiration date IIRC. When I got a credit from L.A. Noire I had to use it in less than a month.
Depends on the game. Like last year I got $20 off for NCAA 11 and it didn't expire until Jan 1, 2011. Some expire at the beginning to the following year, some 3 months later and some a month later.

Far as the Amazon thing goes, Gamestop isn't worried about it since you still got a lot of people who refuse to buy stuff online and will only shop in stores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

dochalladay .. my message was intended for those who actually go to store to buy their games. You have amazon prime then good for you but some people don't have it . I have amazon prime so I can get it either way. I was just trying to help people who dont have it .... as far as expiration dates go I dont think they do because they put it in your account like best buy does but at best buy you have to print a coupon compared to kmart/sears rewards. The kmart/sears rewards can be redeem anytime for anything , you just have to tell the cashier to use your points..
Sammy LN52A750.Onkyo TXSR706.Sammy UN46B8000,Yamaha RXV465,3 Monster THX Speakers 200 w/Monster stands.2 Monster THX Speaker 100 w/Monster stands.Klipsch SUB10.PS3,Xbox 360 w/HDMI.Directv HDDVR Black.Iomega HD multimedia drive.Gateway Custom Made Gaming PC connected to TV via HDMI.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
dochalladay .. my message was intended for those who actually go to store to buy their games. You have amazon prime then good for you but some people don't have it . I have amazon prime so I can get it either way. I was just trying to help people who dont have it .... as far as expiration dates go I dont think they do because they put it in your account like best buy does but at best buy you have to print a coupon compared to kmart/sears rewards. The kmart/sears rewards can be redeem anytime for anything , you just have to tell the cashier to use your points..
But release date delivery cost <= tax. It's not like you are paying $10 to get the delivery. It's a few dollars at the most. Unless you are in an evil state where Amazon charges you sales tax, or Amazon has a weak pre-order offer compared to Kmart, it seems like you are losing at Kmart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »