Home

Whats the best recruit you have landed?

This is a discussion on Whats the best recruit you have landed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Whats the best recruit you have landed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Would probably have to be in my Eastern Michigan dynasty. Recruited an athlete that I saw had pretty good THP named Mike Jackson. Brought him in and he became an immediate starter at QB (was something like 67 OVR with high 70's SPD, ACC, AGI). I had been using a spread option the year before so he fit in perfectly. Started for 3 years and led me to 3 MAC titles. Helped that I had gotten 2 transfers. One a RB from Mich. St. named David Spears and the other a WR named James Jackson from Ohio St. who nearly won the heisman for me one year. Ultimately got invited into the Big Ten before I quit. Was a really fun dynasty.
Woah, James Jackson just transferred from Ohio State and, last I heard, was considering Eastern Michigan. Crazee!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #18
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush22
With Middle Tennessee State I landed the top recruit in the country an ATH from California. I was in a recruiting battle with USC for him I won, only for him to be a FB...He is damn good though MTSU is in the SEC now (Kentucky got kicked) he has good hands and is pretty fast so I use short passes to him all the time.
In my UVA dynasty, I just recruited a guy who really seemed like an odd-ball, but I wanted to beat out Bama for a 5 star guy and landed him.

He turned out to be a fullback and is a monster. Love using him in short yardage situations and with a good throw out in the flats.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #19
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Three come to mind:

Ben Gates. I was playing with ECU of all people, and he was my first 4* recruit with them (I think it was '10 though...) and he just tore people up in the C-USA. I think he came in at 86 OVR as a freshman, mid- 80's speed, acc and blockshedding= animal.

When I was playing with Penn State I recruited a 5* FB...yes...a 5* FULLBACK. And as you know, you don't realize how much a FB can dominate until you get a dominating FB-- he was a stone PIMP. Came in at 85 OVR with high 80's sp and acc...so sick, had at least 4 'cakes a game.

The last one was in '11-- James DeAngelis. He was an 4* ATH that I recruited with Wyoming-- but I put him at LB with his 93 SP 92 AGI and 94 ACC; 6'3" 240 lbs. Man-Beast...no one could block him and he picked off everything...especially since I was playing with him. I've never dominated quite like I did with him at the helm. In fact I miss him...
Old 07-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #20
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Mine was back in NCAA 09. I was Miami, trying to build them back up to the Canes of the 80's. I signed 2 QB's about 6 years in, one was a 4* dual threat and the other was a 3* balanced. The 4* was a 83ovl with 85spd and the 3* was 78ovr with 97acc and 81spd. I red shirted both since I had 2 Sr's and a RsJr. The next season I used the first game as a battle to win the starting job. I started the 4* who played like crap. He was now a 85ovr but threw pick after pick. I pulled him after 3 straight picks. In comes the 3* who I didn't have much hope for and the 3rd QB was my now RsSr who I had zero plans to play. The 3* was a beast. He ended up winning the job and started for 4 years.

He won a heisman, 2 NC's, Davey O'Brien, Maxwell, set records for school in passing yards, passing TD's, and NCAA record in passing TD's and missed the passing yard record by less then 100yds. He ended up as the 5th pick in the draft when exported to Madden.

The 4* guy ended up transferring after his RsSo year to FIU where he played 1 year. In the 3rd game of the season I played them and knocked him out for the year. He ended up in the Madden draft class. He was a 4th round pick.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUsouthpaw2013
I was able to snag the #1 overall recruit in a class one year. He was a QB, scrambler, with A- speed, A+ acceleration, and B for throw power and accuracy and he was overall 99 by his junior year. I redshirted him because I had a senior QB that I wanted to keep so he could finish his career. His sophomore year he ran for 1100 yards, and threw for over 5500 with 70 combined TDs. I ran the score up on every team I played. There was no mercy. I beat #15 ranked OK State by 84 points at their place during that season. It also really helped that my top 4 receivers all had ratings north of 90.
wow, that would never be fun for me. To each his own....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #22
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Don't remember his name but I landed a 4 star QB that ended up 99 overall after his sophomore season. He came in at like 81. His progression was insane.

That is still the only time I ever landed a recruit that was 99 by his junior season.

He was a Andrew Luck type QB. Good mobility and a cannon arm. Once a lifetime recruit for Michigan State (that was the team I was controlling).
Old 07-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #23
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Last year I had a nose tackle who could blow up the middle of any offensive line. Can't remember any specifics because it was at the end of my dynasty run, but I remember calling a lot of 3-3-5 and Quarter formations on defense simply because I knew that this guy could get to the QB in about 3-6 seconds and disrupt the running game.

Just a lot of fun to play with.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #24
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

By the way JBrew-- I like the signature...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »