Home

Whats the best recruit you have landed?

This is a discussion on Whats the best recruit you have landed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Whats the best recruit you have landed?

Robert Lawrence

6'3 215 pound FS. rated #1 FS and #1 overall prospect.

came in as an 89 ovr.
had 98 speed and his catching was I think 75 or so.
absolute monster.

Had to redshirt him because my starting FS was rated a 96
after his redshirt year he was a 94, and then 99 as a rs soph
Old 07-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #34
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

NCAA 07:

I don't remember the name for these two recruits but I was simulating seasons while coaching Florida.

The first was like a 3* ATH who was about 6' 215 or somewhere in that range. A true athlete, he could have played at QB, HB, LB, CB, FS, and DE. I ended up plugging him in at SS (he had 82 or so speed). He redshirted for a year, and since he was still behind a highly rated SS I let him play in the nickel. Freshman All-American, and All Conference awards. He went on to become a two time 1st team all-american, and won the Jim Thorpe award.

The second was a QB while at Florida. I had the sim set to running a flexbone option offense, and in comes this QB who probably a 4* QB at one point but had just never played. Come his senior season he stepped in and went to town throwing for 3500+ yards, running for another 1000+, winning a heisman, and a national championship.

NCAA 09:

I was in an OD (Pro Style) playing as Cincinnati. Within my first or second year I had to replace almost all of my defensive starters so my MLB position was handed over to a 3* recruit out of Ohio named Chris Herron. At 6'3 240 he had all the size, but maybe not the athleticism you wanted (78 speed). He progressed really well throughout his career. He left after his junior season (damn that glitch) and he had reach 86 or 88 overall. He was a two time all-american, and I even managed to break 100 tackles with him during his junior season.

NCAA Football 09 Photo
NCAA Football 09 Photo

NCAA 11:

I played 9 seasons in an online dynasty with the Legends League, and I took home 3 national championships. Needless to say I had some great players during my time.

The first in the infamous Marcus Guidry who garnered a lot of hate from my rival at FSU. I had left Miss. St. after one season to join Miami. I was going to have Jacory Harris for one season, and I was certainly worried about the barren QB situation. During the season I pulled in a 4* QB and a 4* JUCO QB who was in the ESPN150.

Despite this success, and a surrounding amazing recruiting class (this class would go on to anchor the team for four years), I still wasn't to thrilled about what would happen to my QB situation the next season. Off-season recruiting came up, and a new 5* QB appeared by the name of Marcus Guidry.

I entered a fierce recruiting battle for him with the Georgia and FSU users (though I started at no. 1 and felt confident that he was never going anywhere else.) I entered into an illicit back room deal with the FSU user that resulted in him backing off, and allowed me to close out on Guidry.

The rest is history. Guidry went on to win a national championship his freshman year (a team starting a mess load of freshmen all over the place), and another one his junior year. He re-wrote the Miami record book, finished over 15,000 yards passing, and even broke the NCAA record for career TD passes (which the dynasty TTU user had previously broken). His senior year he came up short of another national championship appearence (damn FSU), but he still took home a Heisman trophy and all the other offensive hardware he was eligible for.

After Guidry finished his playings days, I did what Urban Meyer should have done when Tebow graduated, and took my services elsewhere. I wandered down to LSU. I had a few stud defensive players that I didn't personally recruit, but they were there for my three year stint.

MLB Tony Galloway - 6'1 250lb MLB with 91 speed. This man was the anchor of my defense. He was all over the place making tackles, interceptions, and crushing ball carriers (ask AuburnAlumni). He came out with a vengeance in his senior season and won LB of the year on the way to a national championship.

FS Matt Hawk - 6'4 224lb with a lot of speed, and strength. Unfortunately he was behind a FS who had the same amount of eligibility as him. I took a page out of the Packers playbook and used the nickel 2-4-5 as a base defense and moved Hawk down into the nickel (despite less then ideal coverage ability). I even played Hawk at MLB in the 3-4 in a few instances. He flourished, and it resulted in two All-American nominations as well as being one of the team's leading tacklers.

CB - Brian Crews- 6'2 194. Just a tall, and rangy guy. I didn't think much of him during his sophomore year since the CB opposite of him was a stud recruit who played up to hype. Starting in his junior season Crews went on a tear of shutting down receivers and making QBs pay for looking in his direction. He finished with LSU records for interceptions in a single season, career, and even broke the NCAA single season record. He was a force to be reckoned with.

My Video Game Streams
Old 07-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #35
Rookie

The Pizza Guy07's Arena

OVR: 5

In NCAA 10, I was in a need for MLB, luckily he was in my backyard in Texas ranked #1 overrall but he listed Longhorns #6. Within 3 months into the season, he chose to commit Texas! Yes!! I did promise him that he'll start his freshman year and will defeat texas' rival. So during off season his overall was 84. I used 3-4 defense and all my 4 LBs were 90+ overall. So I moved one of the LB to DE and made my defense even better. So by the end of his 4 yrs career. He won 2 LB of the year and even placed 4th in Heisman finalist and won 3 national titles. His overall was 99. So I saved his class for madden but I was disappointed that he was a 3-4 rounder pick. Should've been top 4 pick!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #36
Rookie

Ive got a few:

In my USF dynasty I landed a 5-star RB named Rick Richards. He was 5-9, 185, kind of undersized but SO elusive. His freshman year he rushed for over 1400 yards and 20 total TDs (14 rush, 6 rec.) Then his sophomore year he led USF to the National Championship with over 2600 total yards (1,925 rushing, 340 recieving, and the rest were kick returns). He was a beast at everything and had 3 games where he went over 200 rushing yards. Best game was when he rushed for 230, caught for 45, and had 6 total tds (5 rushing, 1 kick return) at Cinicinatti. That season he won the Doak Walker, Walter Camp, and Maxwell but finished 3rd in the Heisman race behind a QB from Texas and a Miami QB who won the award. But USF played Miami in the National Championship and my rb got MVP of the game and we won. But then in his junior year, I lost 4 of 5 veteran lineman so he rushed for only 1300 yrds and had only 12 total tds....

Another good recruit I had was a 5 star CB named James Hunt and was a beast his Freshman year with 4 int, 11 pass deflections. By his junior year he had 11 career ints, but CPU QBs would rarely throw in his direction his junior year since he had a 91 overall rating. So instead I had a SS that season have 5 ints, 2 tds, and he ended up winning the Thorpe but Hunt was so dominate he made big plays the few times the ball was thrown his way. It remains my best pass defense also which finished 5th by the end of the season. I miss that secondary....

THIS IS... ALABAMA FOOTBALL
Old 07-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #37
Rookie

CornfedChris's Arena

OVR: 15

So far in my Online Dynasty (Starting with San Jose State) I have 5 three star caliber players, none really stand out to me. They all have one or two good ratings but many flaws. The rest are 2 stars and crappy 1 stars.

I think I'm in for a tough year this year!
Go Lions!
Go Red-Wings!

Follow me on Twitter: @ChrisStockton9
Old 07-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornfedChris
So far in my Online Dynasty (Starting with San Jose State) I have 5 three star caliber players, none really stand out to me. They all have one or two good ratings but many flaws. The rest are 2 stars and crappy 1 stars.

I think I'm in for a tough year this year!
Know how you feel, I started a UAB dynasty and right now my recruiting isnt too good.

Bad thing is my team is plagued with injuries. Ive lost David Isabelle (QB), Greg Franklin my second string RB who was doing really good, and my best pass rushing OLB. Funny thing is ive got a WR who is now playing 2nd string RB and he is actually better than my 1st stringer!!! This guy is like the CJ Spiller of Conference USA.

THIS IS... ALABAMA FOOTBALL
Old 07-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #39
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

Ryan West, my first five star athlete I signed in my Dynasty this year. The guy literally would not drop the ball, even with the crazy dropped passes this year on AA difficulty. His post routes were money even though he wouldnt really beat the DBs on him. He was like 6'5 220 by his senior year and a 99 overall by his Junior year.

I also have the most athletic punter ever (last name Phillips, cant remember his first name, but hes black, was a 3 star recruit and is a 96 in his senior year. He passes like a second string QB and I can fake punt pass on 4th and short all day long.

Last edited by Sabo's corked Bat; 07-23-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #40
Banned

Dual-Threat QB. 85 speed, 96 throw accuracy as a FRESHMAN! Would be a 90+ overall if his awareness was higher (doesn't matter, cause I control him).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »