Home

Zoom Blur on Menu Text

This is a discussion on Zoom Blur on Menu Text within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
Rookie

yoda43's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Zoom Blur on Menu Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPC
Is there anyway to get rid of all the stupid zoom blurs on menu texts in dynasty and the game in general.

It's annoying, adds absolutely nothing to the game, takes away from the readability of the text, and it hurts my eyes, though I may be the only one.

I've looked around the menus, but I may have missed it. Is this something that EA can work out at a future date, it really does give my eyes a hard time, to the point I can't play the game as long as I would like to.

Imagine if someone print a book and all the type had this effect, I really do not understand the art direction decision on this. I'm going to be dumping hours into this game and I don't want to be staring at blurred text while I recruit. I just want all the type to be clean, crisp, and easy to read. Is this possible?
Agreed. THis really sucks, noticed it the other day when i was doing my recruiting. I did read in one of the threads that this seems to be an issue that has developed AFTER the launch day patch. So hopefully this is something EA is working on. Can't imagine this was the way they intended it to look.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPevy
It seems like that's the style they were shooting for this year.

I can't imagine how or why. It's absolutely terrible IMO. It makes me want to wipe my eyes or wash them like I have a bad allergy issue except I don't.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #11
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Haha, at first I thought there was something going wrong with my HDTV
Ha. Me too. It's killing my eyes though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Like what was said before I thought it was an issue with my tv but it is definitely an eye sore
Old 07-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

OVR: 3

I've actually shelved the game until a Patch is available.

I have until Aug. 12th to return my game to Amazon.com.

If I don't hear of a Patch the 1st week of August, I'll be returning the game.

EA really needs to stop making us the Guinea Pigs as Beta Testers...
Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #14
Rookie

AAPC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda43
Agreed. THis really sucks, noticed it the other day when i was doing my recruiting. I did read in one of the threads that this seems to be an issue that has developed AFTER the launch day patch. So hopefully this is something EA is working on. Can't imagine this was the way they intended it to look.
I really hope this is true, if it's not something they intended to be in the game (and I can't see why they would intend it to be), then one would imagine that they will fix it.

Is there anyway you have a link to that thread? I had a few drinks while I was playing last night which seemed to exacerbate the problem. However, after recruiting for about 15 minutes today I had to stop, this is really killing the game for me, or a part of the game I really enjoyed on last years release.

I believe this can be fixed, if anyone stumbles across any comments from EA on this please post them here, I'm eager to learn what they are (or are not) doing about it.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #15
Rookie

AAPC's Arena

Hey everyone, I didn't realize until now but this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ter-patch.html

has touched on the issue more and it has screencaps and better descriptions to show the problem.

Unacceptable in my mind now that it seems everyone is having this problem (the blur and the accompanying eye strain), I'm going to continue to bump this other thread, it touches on this issue and more visual problems.

Thanks for the replies everyone, see you in the other thread!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #16
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Haha, at first I thought there was something going wrong with my HDTV
I thought it was supposed to be some 3D feature and spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to turn it off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »