Home

Can the crowd noise be adjusted(increased) via a tuner set?

This is a discussion on Can the crowd noise be adjusted(increased) via a tuner set? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Can the crowd noise be adjusted(increased) via a tuner set?

Hey guys, turning off the announcer and maxing crowd and PA to 100 and putting everything else about 65 is definitely the way to go. It's a half fix but it sure makes the game much better, try it

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #66
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

For me its situational crowd noise and overall volume that needs to be increased via a patch. @ South Carolina with Virginia Tech, Garcia connects with receiver in corner of endzone, he toe drags but its ruled out of bounds. Spurrier challenges the call, and replay shows that he clearly was in bounds. Ref comes out, overturns call, touchdown Gamecocks!!! Crowd = makes about the same noise as they would had South Carolina just ran the ball for 2 yards on 2nd down. Are you kidding me? That place would be absolutely rocking if it was overturned for the first touchdown of the game.

Also, the crowd noise goes from pretty loud after a touchdown, to almost crickets chirping soon as the kickoff is fielded.....waaaay unrealistic there. They would be deafening for the opposing team coming off a touchdown. This part definitely needs a major overhaul. It goes way too quiet, way too fast. Its actually one of those very awkward silence moments.

EA Devs, please hear us on this. This is a major issue, and absolutely KILLS immersion factor. It's also a major issue because EA pushed Dynamic Crowd Noise as one of their main features....please hear us and give us a fix. Just please change crowd noise on overturned challenges to be either loud cheering or loud booing, increase/fade out crowd noise after a kick-off, and increase overall crowd volume, and we will be happy. Please?

Last edited by mm boost; 07-20-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #67
Rookie

RIP GUTT CAPONE's Arena

OVR: 8

Toatally agree with everyone. I have a 1200 watt 7.1 setup and tweaking and adjusting sliders just doesnt cut it. After jucing the volume the crowd just isnt convincing enough. I think the game as a whole has a compressed audio track because at high volume ncaa12 is kind of dull and then popping in killzone 3 at the same volume will shake my windows. Get on the damn ball EA, literally!

Loving 2k15,
Kinda hating Destiny
Hate NBA live 14
Old 07-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, it's definitely a problem, and it doesn't have anything to do with the hardware you're using.

The crowd involvement is just poor in these games. They were just starting to get this figured out with the vibrating camera and all that on last-gen, then they tore it all down and haven't been back since.

The sound kills this game, and it does so precisely because the sound of college football is what distinguishes it from other sports.

The crowd does react to some on-field action, but even then it's a tepid response, and quite often the crowd is creepily silent no matter what is going on. Add to that the muted bands, and the fact that the stadium sounds like a museum any time the visiting team makes a play (apparently they can't figure out how to replicate the sound of ~10,000 people going crazy vis a vis 100,000), and it's just sad.

The commentary, as many have pointed out already, is unbearable at this point as well.

IDK man, it's a damn shame.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #69
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I think what would be awesome is...for games at bigger stadiums, have the crowd noise for 80-100,000 people for the home team, and for the visiting team, when they make a big play or score, have the crowd volume of the high school or small school crowds play so that there is still some cheering, but definitely toned down from the home crowd. Basically, utilizing the features that EA advertise for NCAA 12. Home team = big school crowd noise, visiting team = small school crowd noise. This is prevalent in every real life college football game out there. Hell there are times when a major school plays on the road, that their fan base follows them and they are just as loud, if not louder than the home team.

This is something that needs to be addressed with neutral site games and bowls/championships....because the crowds are usually split. The home team should not have an advantage whatsoever other than uniform color choice.

Last edited by mm boost; 07-20-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I think a big part of the issue is how EA builds their sounds. I recall an interview with EA where they said they had 3,000 local people that they recorded cheering and then they layered those sounds many times to achieve a large crowd sound. That simply does not work. They need to capture real sound at an actual large school college game, preferably in a large rivalry game. AND they need to ensure they are using HIGH QUALITY sound samples and not low resolution as it appears they are.

My vote is for NCAA 13 completely throw out EVERYTHING they are using crowd-wise now and just start over from scratch. When you're at the bottom there is nowhere to go but up.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #71
Rookie

blkprince04's Arena

OVR: 6

also ea i agree with all the above ,also make big hits sound like big hits..please increase the overall sound quality in the game...also fix the pump up the crowd, that doesn't work either......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #72
Rookie

happymadison's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah the crowd if you can hear them sound's weak at best and i shouldn't have to have professional sound equipment to hear them either...some poster's say it's sound's fine to them with their audio equipment they must have borrowed from george lucas but for the rest of us i just listen through my plain surround sound and don't ask if i have 5.1 surround or thx quality or whatever because i shouldn't need it and no else should either....the crowd and stadium sound's need to be tweaked and soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »