Home

Can the crowd noise be adjusted(increased) via a tuner set?

This is a discussion on Can the crowd noise be adjusted(increased) via a tuner set? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #57
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Can the crowd noise be adjusted(increased) via a tuner set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Scope the vid I posted? Post #44? That's how. And another point: there seems to be two arguments being made: the first is that the game's overall volume is too low, which is unarguably a fact; but the second is that the crowd sucks as a general rule - doesn't react to things, is dead, etc. - and I clearly think that can be disputed, as I believe both mrlux and I have demonstrated.
My point still holds true, I shouldn't have to adjust my surround sound settings just to get one game to sound right, whether it be overall volume, crowd volume, etc... Next thing you know we are gonna have to have custom sliders for our sound systems. Also, I have played in "The Big House" numerous times and have never had the crowd sound the way those videos did. I don't know if it is a random thing, a bug, based off of rivalry games or what, but I personally have never heard the crowd roar and respond like they did in your vids. I really hope EA can get some kind of consistency going and get this issue fixed.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #58
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Scope the vid I posted? Post #44? That's how. And another point: there seems to be two arguments being made: the first is that the game's overall volume is too low, which is unarguably a fact; but the second is that the crowd sucks as a general rule - doesn't react to things, is dead, etc. - and I clearly think that can be disputed, as I believe both mrlux and I have demonstrated.
I used different modes on my surround sound using the same teams as in your video. Cannot replicate it so not sure what to do at this point other than hope EA addresses this problem.

Can you post your game settings, which gaming system and what audio system you have??
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
My point still holds true, I shouldn't have to adjust my surround sound settings just to get one game to sound right, whether it be overall volume, crowd volume, etc... Next thing you know we are gonna have to have custom sliders for our sound systems. Also, I have played in "The Big House" numerous times and have never had the crowd sound the way those videos did. I don't know if it is a random thing, a bug, based off of rivalry games or what, but I personally have never heard the crowd roar and respond like they did in your vids. I really hope EA can get some kind of consistency going and get this issue fixed.
I guess you don't play that many games. Ever played GTA IV? You have to turn that game up louder than NCAA 12 to get it to sound good. Saints Row 2? You have to turn your speakers down for it to not be too loud compared to other games. MLB 2k11? Have to turn that game, but not too much. College Hoops 2k8? That game is so loud I had to put my surround sound on 2 1/2 bars compared to the 6-7 I have most games on. Thankfully you can adjust everything sound wise in the game and I now have most settings at 10-25 out of 100 so it isn't too loud.

My point with this post? Nearly every single game in my 25+ library has to have the volume adjusted so it isn't too loud or too quiet. NCAA 12 is quieter than normal, but nowhere near as quiet as other games like GTA IV are or as loud as 2k8 is out of the box.

Quote:
This is what it sounds like when I play:

If that's not atmosphere, I don't know what is.
Exactly what my game sounds like, but with commentary too.

― Plato
Old 07-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #60
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I guess you don't play that many games. Ever played GTA IV? You have to turn that game up louder than NCAA 12 to get it to sound good. Saints Row 2? You have to turn your speakers down for it to not be too loud compared to other games. MLB 2k11? Have to turn that game, but not too much. College Hoops 2k8? That game is so loud I had to put my surround sound on 2 1/2 bars compared to the 6-7 I have most games on. Thankfully you can adjust everything sound wise in the game and I now have most settings at 10-25 out of 100 so it isn't too loud.

My point with this post? Nearly every single game in my 25+ library has to have the volume adjusted so it isn't too loud or too quiet. NCAA 12 is quieter than normal, but nowhere near as quiet as other games like GTA IV are or as loud as 2k8 is out of the box.

Not gonna get into a debate about how many games I play, as it's pretty pointless. Bottom line is that A) No, I never played GTA IV because I hate that entire series, and B) I have never in my years of gaming had to turn my TV up this loud to hear a game's sound. Ever. Period. Yes, a few games have been slightly louder or more quite than others, but every one of them fell into my 57-53 volume range, and the "in-game" sound adjustments rectified any further issues. With NCAA 12 that clearly isn't the case, and as I stated before, I have to crank my sound up to the 43-42 range just to hear anything. That is simply unacceptable to me and I will not make excuses or try to "work around that". The sound needs to be patched in some shape or form so that my XBOX Live notifications do not wake up my whole house when they come through (and no, I am not turning them off just to accommodate one game).

I'd much rather EA patch the sound and make it too loud and have to "slider down" from there, rather than having my in-game sliders maxed out now and still having to turn my sound WAY up just to hear the commentators.

As far as the video, I clearly stated that I personally have never heard the sound be dynamic like that. That is why I stated that EA needs to make it be more consistent. Or maybe turning the entire volume up will make it more noticeable, I don't know, but something needs to be done.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 4

I noticed the sound issue also. I crowd does seem very quiet and the reaction of then fans almost does not exist. How could EA miss this? I also noticed the tackles and the overall sound on the field on the field seem low as well. please fix the sound issue EA.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

The weirdest non-reaction from the fans, in my opinion, is the non-reaction to calls being overturned. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned something similar in this thread, but I was just playing a game where the CPU, the home team, threw a bomb down the sidelines for what would have been a 60ish yard gain to the 3 yard line. It was ruled out of bounds on the field. Went to review, he got a foot down. Overturned!!

...crickets.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #63
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

The game has never ONCE been dynamic like this video when I've played it. I would have noticed since it has been what I was looking forward to.

Even in that video though, the crowd is still dead at the wrong time.

I'm going to record some clips and post.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've adjusted the sound as this video showed and it's helped but the volume is definitely an issue. In my bedroom I have a $200 5.1 setup. It goes from 1-40 volume wise and I usually watch tv with it on about 27 or 28. 30 is very loud and 32 is BLASTING. So I do all these adjustments and keep turning up the sound but nothings getting louder, I happen to look at my receiver and it says "SOUND MAXED".

So yeah, it does sound better in my bedroom now but the volume is still really low and there is no way I can make it higher. In case you're wondering my master volume, crowd noise and PA are all at 100.

Oh and I love the fact too that if I forget to turn the volume down when I go back to TV that I get blasted like you wouldn't believe and I'm sure my neighbors appreciate it.

THIS NEEDS FIXED!! At very very least fix the volume please!!"

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-20-2011 at 04:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »