Home

Can anyone explain how on Earth this happened? (Top 25)

This is a discussion on Can anyone explain how on Earth this happened? (Top 25) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Can anyone explain how on Earth this happened? (Top 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Mwc is a B I believe
No matter what they are, I know they are below a B+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #26
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

I think if you edit with conference alignment, then you are going to see odd results.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

the ranking system is a bit out of wack. Prior to conference championships in year 1 of my LSU dynasty, the coaches poll had:

1. Notre Dame (12-0)
2. Oregon (11-1....beat them 31-21)
3. Auburn (11-1.....beat them 31-0)
4. LSU (11-1)

and I just barely moved ahead of Auburn after winning the SECCG. Wasn't good enough to leapfrog Oregon into the BCS title game.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #28
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
I think if you edit with conference alignment, then you are going to see odd results.
This. I rearranged conferences by more of a competitive balance thing (where the 4-5-6 stars were in the BCS conferences and the 3-2-1 stars were in the mid majors). National Championship Game came around. Boise State vs Nevada. I LOL'd and immediately deleted the dynasty. Normal Dynasty NC Game was Oregon vs Alabama. So I think if you rearranged the conference (which the OP must've because Okie Light played Nebraska) you're going to get weird results.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
This. I rearranged conferences by more of a competitive balance thing (where the 4-5-6 stars were in the BCS conferences and the 3-2-1 stars were in the mid majors). National Championship Game came around. Boise State vs Nevada. I LOL'd and immediately deleted the dynasty. Normal Dynasty NC Game was Oregon vs Alabama. So I think if you rearranged the conference (which the OP must've because Okie Light played Nebraska) you're going to get weird results.
That's not weird; it's expected. You let all the best teams beat up on each other so I doubt none of them were undefeated. I'd put money that at least one of Bama and Oregon were undefeated with the standard setup. Game seems to nearly always (I have seen some terrific exceptions such as undefeated San Diego State in the teens after a pitiful schedule) put undefeated teams above the rest. So if Boise and Nevada were undefeated, makes perfect sense how they got in... and that will happen whether you change the setup or not. I did a ton of sims with the base setup to find out the bowl tie-ins and I saw Boise finish #1 or #2 routinely, yet I made no changes to conferences or schedules.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Oh boy, I already hear the sec fans grabbing their torches a pitchforks.
No, they are too busy polishing the last five crystal footballs.

IMO, the SEC ought to be the only conference with an A+...but EA has to placate the rest of the conferences so I get it.

If prestige was based on the last twenty years or so, it'd be as follows:

SEC A+
B10 A
PAC 10 A-
BIG 12 B+
ACC B (that's generous)
BIG EAST B-
Old 08-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #31
Rookie

ComebackDylan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Had something similar happen to me.. Iowa jumped me in the last week of the season to play Bama in the national championship game...
More importantly, did Iowa win the National Championship?

Oh and I thought I read that they use the same ranking system as in real life? Don't know if that's possible and I wasn't paying attention or?

Last edited by ComebackDylan; 08-02-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #32
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Its simple, EA hate OU. Ive been in dynasties with OU where i climbed up to number late in the season, then all of a sudden week by week i was being jumped by other teams for no reason, and then being skipped over in the national championship.
2 things, 1. There NEEDS to be Dynamic conference prestige, and 2. Conference prestige should not weigh in so heavily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »