Home

Coaching Progression not fixed

This is a discussion on Coaching Progression not fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coaching Progression not fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
You definitely get job offers while under contract. I believe from what I've read/seen they are sometimes just better offers when your contract is up.
Hmmm, so maybe that's the "problem." In past years, you just got mega job offers after one year, or two at the most. In my NCAA '11 dynasty I took Navy to a bowl game in year one and was offered the Texas job the next season.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Sounds to me like many players should join the real world. You don't go from OC of WKU to head coach of a BCS school in nothing flat and I think too many of you guys want that because in the past, it could be done.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #19
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Sounds to me like many players should join the real world. You don't go from OC of WKU to head coach of a BCS school in nothing flat and I think too many of you guys want that because in the past, it could be done.
I think this is a fair comment and I like the idea that you can't just go anywhere willy nilly, but after a few years there are so many A+ coaches it's very rare that any get fired etc.

Also, while I acknowledge that it's more realistic, it's kind of annoying that you have little time to evaluate your extension offer while shopping around. I'm glad I didn't save at a particular point cos' I would have wound up out of a job just for shopping around too long.

Again, that's true to real life, just an area where I wish it were more forgiving. i.e. "SCHOOL has made you a final offer, do you wish to accept?"
Old 09-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #20
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Well looks like I will still be holding off on starting a dynasty. Good thing I haven't put any time in rosters, editing coaches, etc. like some people.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

does turning all the coaches' prestige way way down (everyone D or D+) actually work to provide a more realistic carousel? does it mess with progression?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #22
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Can you edit coaching progression within dynasty mode?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
Can you edit coaching progression within dynasty mode?
no, you can only edit prestige before the dynasty
Old 09-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #24
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
does turning all the coaches' prestige way way down (everyone D or D+) actually work to provide a more realistic carousel? does it mess with progression?
Not at all, it makes it even worse (I cant figure out what inspired some roster makers to do it). With all, or most coaches all set all the way down, you end up starting at a huge advantage because your created coach will start as the highest rated, and will get top head coaching offers after only one year, no matter where your coaching or how well you do. The one time I tried to play a dynasty with ithem all toned down, I got a HC offer from Alabama after one season as Marshall's OC, and a 5-7 record.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »