Home

A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

This is a discussion on A Letter to EA and to all the community sites within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
BS? Making up asinine over the top statistics are BS. That's where my issue is. Saying EA's sales will drop 85%? In what world is that anywhere near realistic?

Have they done a good job for my money? I would say i got my 60 dollars worth of enjoyment out of it. Has there been frustration on my part? Absolutely?

I would do a lot of things differently, license or not. I would go a lot of different routes when it came to design decisions, but having the license or not having the license would have no bearing on my decisions. To me the license is a non-factor since this game in particular has never really had any competition.
Do you feel that the game wash finished when you purchased it? Do you feel that its finished now? I ask these questions because there are features that were marketed that don't function correctly and those features are what I paid for. I feel completely ripped off by EA, don't you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 03:08 AM   #82
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller11
Do you feel that the game wash finished when you purchased it? Do you feel that its finished now? I ask these questions because there are features that were marketed that don't function correctly and those features are what I paid for. I feel completely ripped off by EA, don't you?
completely ripped off? No. But I am not an online dynasty player, nor have I had any of the freezing issues.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 AM   #83
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

If there are many complaints about the product and the exclusive NFL deal why doesn't anyone create a petition and have customers sign it. Maybe present it to someone to get some action done. I would sign it.

I've heard complaints ,but haven't seen much action done on the end of the consumer [or maybe I've just missed it somewhere].

Just a thought
Old 09-15-2011, 03:13 AM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
completely ripped off? No. But I am not an online dynasty player, nor have I had any of the freezing issues.
Do you feel the game was finished when you bought it? Do you feel that its finished now based on the what was marketed by EA as new features? There are features that were marketed by EA that don't even function and I don't think thats acceptable do you?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:20 AM   #85
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Well mestevo, we all know where you stand in your dedication to EA and the fact that you feel the need to defend their every move... or, in the past two months... their lack of any move at all in communicating w/ the community. So I take what you post w/ a grain of salt.

Over dramatic? You don't think it's "over dramatic" to promote a game w/ so many new features and all are broken and then we get a message from Ben saying the patch will fix all AND... you won't have to recreate your Custom Playbooks, only to find out that is a 100% lie. That number is not exaggerated. That's spot on. What they told us about the patch is 100% wrong.

So get back to me when you actually have a leg to stand on.
But none of that is what you said.

You said NCAA 13 sales will drop 85%

You said that if they listened to "core gamers" (do you even know what this means?) the game will improve 1000x

You said they don't listen to the community at all.

I haven't defended EA once in this thread, and in fact my first reply started with: "Agree with many sentiments"

Who doesn't have a leg to stand on here?

FWIW, I know what Cover 2, Cover 3, hot receivers, etc are because of these games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #86
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller11
Do you feel the game was finished when you bought it? Do you feel that its finished now based on the what was marketed by EA as new features? There are features that were marketed by EA that don't even function and I don't think thats acceptable do you?
I am not sure specifically what features you are talking about, to be honest I don't really pay attention to the pre-release hype or marketing blitz.

Do I feel the game was finished? I do. But again, I may not take advantage of some of the features others do.

I have my complaints and frustrations about the game, and I have said that numerous times in this very thread, but i also have had fun playing the game, and in the grand scheme of it, that's all I care about. The second this game or this hobby stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 AM   #87
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
But none of that is what you said.

You said NCAA 13 sales will drop 85%

You said that if they listened to hardcore players the game will improve 1000x

You said they don't listen to the community at all.

I haven't defended EA once in this thread, and in fact my first reply started with: "Agree with many sentiments"

Who doesn't have a leg to stand on here?
Yeah that was the way I read his original post. My issues with it are the same as yours.

That and he then turned in his own wishlist as if not having those features were things that were promised to be in the game, but not working.

I have a laundry list of complaints, don't get me wrong, but also want to stay somewhere near reality when presenting them, I believe that was also the intention of the OP when he/they wrote their open letter. Again, while I don't really agree with some of the wording or some of the digs at EA and the GameChangers program, I do think they make valid points.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #88
Rookie

mrbenjamin's Arena

I forwarded this thread to the consumerist.com as well as my issue I had with EA. Please submit your own feedback to them just click submit a tip.

Let's get the ball rolling enough is enough!

Quote:
Please take a look at the first post in the URL I provided. It is a very well written expression of the majority of consumers problems and feelings towards EA. I did not write that post but I am a long time member of the community.

These concerns have gone unheard for too long.

I purchased Madden and found myself on the phone with EA not even two hours after I opened the package. The game was unplayable and freezing at the first loading screen as well in other spots. EA answer to to my issue "We have been getting reports of issues like yours from defective disks that were sent out. First he tried to tell me since I purchased from Amazon that I would have to return it to them. I told him amazon was not responsible for EA sending out defective discs and that I have been on the phone for an hour and I'm not doing this over again with amazon. He put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and said that they agreed amazon was not responsible and they would figure out a solution to my problem.

The representative then came back from hold with a less then helpful solution to my problem. We will mail you a replacement and you just have to cover the shipping.

So after paying $60 + dollars with tax and shipping from amazon EA solution was for me to spend more money on getting a replacement from them. I was not happy to say the least after being on the phone over an hour. This was very insulting and inappropriate solution.I told the rep I was very upset with their service and specifically asked them to document our conversation and the issue with my product as to why I needed it replaced for it to work. He assured me several times I would get this email and I never did.

I feel something has to be done and I am more then willing to point you to several instances of hundreds maybe even thousands of unhappy customers. Please help our voice be heard while gaining more loyal consumerists readers. Please contact me as I can give you plenty of more info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »