Home

A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

This is a discussion on A Letter to EA and to all the community sites within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 AM   #89
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

Nice Letter. Great effort to reach out...out of all the ones "downing" people's writing skills and etc have yet,I bet, to even take the time or put in the effort to write something like this themselves. Don't knock someone for something you haven't done yourself. This thread is drifting.

1) Nice to see some more community action being taken.
2) Nice to see Dewiel in the 1st few pages
3) Disappointing to see some OSers downing other OSers for what and how they post. Just look past it. No need to use big words and other things to elevate yourself over others.

Looking forward to see EA go from "aware" to actually resolving these issues COMPLETELY, not saying something's fixed and it really isn't fully "fixed". Just seems like half-hearted work of a teenager doing chores.
YouTube: TBD
Old 09-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yeah that was the way I read his original post. My issues with it are the same as yours.

That and he then turned in his own wishlist as if not having those features were things that were promised to be in the game, but not working.

I have a laundry list of complaints, don't get me wrong, but also want to stay somewhere near reality when presenting them, I believe that was also the intention of the OP when he/they wrote their open letter. Again, while I don't really agree with some of the wording or some of the digs at EA and the GameChangers program, I do think they make valid points.
Tiburon deserves every bit of backlash it recieves. There is a ton of waste of not only money, but talent at the studio and if you saw the sort of things that they waste time and money on to "improve" their sports titles on a year to year basis you would be astounded.

Sales numbers are up and expenditures are down. If people are holding their breath that '13 is a drastic improvement then they will be disappointed yet again. However the sales will still most likely be up if our projections are anywhere close.

Great business decsions arent always the most popular or well recieved, but they are more profitable in this case.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #91
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Nice Letter. Great effort to reach out...out of all the ones "downing" people's writing skills and etc have yet,I bet, to even take the time or put in the effort to write something like this themselves. Don't knock someone for something you haven't done yourself. This thread is drifting.

1) Nice to see some more community action being taken.
2) Nice to see Dewiel in the 1st few pages
3) Disappointing to see some OSers downing other OSers for what and how they post. Just look past it. No need to use big words and other things to elevate yourself over others.

Looking forward to see EA go from "aware" to actually resolving these issues COMPLETELY, not saying something's fixed and it really isn't fully "fixed". Just seems like half-hearted work of a teenager doing chores.
The second and third paragraphs are the way this thread is going to get closed.

Stop with the pot shots against everyone, devs and posters combined. Saying you don't agree with someone and explaining why is one thing. Calling them names is not going to fly.

Last warning.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #92
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I have just one single question for Justin

Are we going to see another Patch or 2??? We all know two patches are free then after that the company get charged. I think we deserve for EA to shell out the little extra to fix this game to the point of all features working and the game not freezing. The current condition of NCAA 12 is so frustrating. It would be even worse if we get stuck with this current level of "unfinished" then expected to buy NCAA 13.

P.S. I finally got past the loading screen. Had to delete all my files, profiles, patches, rosters, online dynasty, reinstall game, reinstall patches, restarting PS3, then on 5th attempt it FINALLY got past loading screen. Fight Night Champions frustrated the hell out of me with freezes but NCAA 12 has actually topped FNC if that is even possible.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #93
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Agree with many sentiments, but a lot of molehills made into mountains IMO.

We're consumers, not shareholders.
Its people like you, with this thought process, that allows EA to continually make the same mistakes over and over and over again without any real consequences.

"its a game, just play it and have fun"

Sorry, I don't think that way. I agree 100% with the OP and the Article, and NCAA13 will be the 1st NCAA in Since 2000 that I WILL NOT be purchasing...

I'm sure after this fiasco, that I wont be the only one.

psn - CeeGee
Old 09-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I have just one single question for Justin

Are we going to see another Patch or 2??? We all know two patches are free then after that the company get charged. I think we deserve for EA to shell out the little extra to fix this game to the point of all features working and the game not freezing. The current condition of NCAA 12 is so frustrating. It would be even worse if we get stuck with this current level of "unfinished" then expected to buy NCAA 13.

P.S. I finally got past the loading screen. Had to delete all my files, profiles, patches, rosters, online dynasty, reinstall game, reinstall patches, restarting PS3, then on 5th attempt it FINALLY got past loading screen. Fight Night Champions frustrated the hell out of me with freezes but NCAA 12 has actually topped FNC if that is even possible.
Yes there will be a 2nd patch. At the moment though everyone is still in the troubleshooting phase and trying to replicate where the issues are so it can be isolated. One can fix one thing and something completely unrelated it would seem becomes effected. Currently there is no time table for #2, but one will be released.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 4

The state of EA sports is much like that of the rest of corporate America. Big corporations aren't designed for morality or customer needs/wants...corporations are amorale. They will turn profit at all cost, without being conscious of the consumer. There is only one solution to this.

DON'T BUY IT NEXT YEAR...This is the easiest to say but hardest to execute. And to be honest, it may be a catch 22. B/c if we do unite, and cause the sales numbers of NCAA to drop significantly to EA basketball numbers, there is zero guarantee 2k jumps in and then we may never see another NCAA FB game due to EA thinking "well it's not a seller so scrap it." Then we are stuck with no college sports game period. Also, realistically, when marketing time comes around for NCAA 13 many will be blinded by the new features and promises made by EA (I myself am guilty of this). Ppl will forget the issues in hopes that "maybe they got it right this year". In the end, the ONLY way to change things is to stop buying the product and to voice our displeasures on EA's forums, here @ OS and any other forum possible. Go directly to EA's customer feedback email or w/e was posted earlier and voice your displeasure...then tell them you expect NBA 2K quality. It's funny that EA continues to free fall yet if they just look at NBA 2K's strategy of listening to the community and giving an honest effort and becoming the best selling sports game and say "no the solution is to do what WE feel is better".

We all know NOT buying NCAA FB is very difficult b/c it's the only college fb game. So when we want to scratch that itch we buy it. EA knows this and take advantage. But we need to mobilize and start to flood the ppl over at 2K with emails and post on their forums about how we want a college football AND basketball, AND NFL game from them.

But here's the other thing that is very, very important...We have to start petitions showing the actual number of ppl willing to purchase the game if made. This way 2K or whoever knows definitively that their is demand for a product and a profit to be made. Also, we have to show these petitions to the proper ppl at the NCAA who are in charge of licensing AND go to the NFL and show these petitions. We have to flood their inboxes and forums with our displeasure of EA's product and demand what we all clearly want. If anything can be learned from the success of NBA 2K11, it's that a quality product will always shine through. They put in max effort and reaped the rewards. And as Madden and NCAA continue to half-a** it every year see drops in numbers, 2k will continue to shoot past them.

But again, we need to mobilize and SHOW that we will not accept this any longer. Don't buy NCAA 13, I know it's going to be tough but it's for a greater good. Don't watch the trailers, don't listen to the EA community guys tell you "we've finally listened to you guys"...just don't buy it. To summarize: don't buy the game, voice your displeasure on the proper mediums, sign petitions showing not only the dissatisfaction with EA AND a petition stating you want 2K football. We can't have the OP just posting a letter on a couple of forums, we need that letter on EA's forums, 2K's forums, NFL and NCAA forums. We need petitions and letters like this is the thousands shown on all the possible outlets to let them know we're serious.

Edit: We need someone who is a respected poster on this and other gaming sites to start the petition and send it to as many forums possible (on twitter, too) to show the number of ppl that want competition for EA. That would be a start but we have to get the ball rolling already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #96
Banned

OVR: 1

i personally feel i have been ripped off. i am one of the loyal fans that has literally bought this game on, or before release every year since 1997. i was 13 years old then and i had played the previous bill walsh game and college football game the years before. i was also lucky enough to have an older family member introduce me to madden when i was only 7 years old. i have many memories playing madden 92 and can recall trying to get everyone injured to bring out the deadly ambulance. i spent my entire youth, ages 8 to now, giving every single ea title a chance, every single year. i buy tiger, i buy madden, i buy ncaa, i buy mma, i bought college baseball, i bought nba, i bought march madness, i buy fifa, i buy nhl and i would say i have dedicated 95 percent of my 20 years of gaming strictly to ea titles.

the last 3 years, i have just become absolutely disgusted by the way im treated as a loyal customer to this MEGA ENTITY. all customer service has seemed to just fall through the cracks and ever since the announcement was made years ago that ncaa and madden would become exclusive titles, we have been given nothing but half hearted attempts and minor game tweaks being sold to us as breakthrough's in gameplay. we are also resold features that were available to us in previous versions of the game, some dating back 5+ years.

i tell myself every year i will not buy this companies products to send a message, then i am suckered into the hype machine that offers nothing but broken promises, edited and controlled reviews, old features being resold and promises that past bugs/glitches have been addressed. every year i find myself buying into this and exhausting all routes to score a copy of ncaa early. every year when i first put that game in and fire it up, the excitement level is amazing, the fun had is unmatched by any other game i have ever played. then, about 12 hours in, i realize it's the exact same game with the smallest of small tweaks, that either negatively affect something else or completely take away an element of realism.

i was ready not to purchase this year, and coaching carousel and custom playbooks were introduced. i have been waiting for a coaching carousel since 989 had it in their terrible college football game ncaa gamebreaker in 1998. i have waited 13 years for a college football game to give us the option to actually grow a coach, since were essentially coaching little fictional teams. well, as you can imagine, within 4-6 hours of diving into dynasty and simming a season, the disappointment was overwhelming when i quickly realized this feature wasn't going to work, and in typical ea fashion probably wouldn't work for at least 2 years. then i realize custom playbooks are broken, then i realize the promised removal of suction blocking and route mirroring was nothing more than a flat out lie.

ea and tiburon have completely alienated everyone who supports them, while offering us nothing but lies. i dont know what else to call it when producers and developers do interviews and promise things are gone, like suction blocking, only to find them withing hours of playing the game. they dont fix anything that they know is broken, they just tweak something else to cover that up. just like a pathological liar, when you start with a small lie, then add 20 more lies on top of the first one to try and cover it up, things are going to come crumbling apart. this is how ea has built their engines. they start with a good concept, then instead of actually fixing anything, a cover up is added that tries to take attention away from the issue. when you add 15-20 of these little programming cover ups to a broken product, how do you not understand that eventually, all of these cover ups are going to lead to a complete engine failure? where one coverup screws up another, then another, then another, and before you know it....none of the features work and things that use to work become useless.

at this point in the game, here is my overall view of the ea team and the ncaa series:

liars, theives, failures and bullies.

they lie blatantly to hundreds of thousands of us for 4 to 5 months out the year, hyping things they know dont work and offering new incredible features that dont work. they also offer promises of fixes, which always in turn breaks something else or doesnt even work as intended.

they literally steal from us every single year. theyre like a bad seller on ebay who sends you half of what you paid for then refuses to refund or return product. they coax us into giving them our money then refuse to fix anything or make anything right or offer some sort of refund for a game that is widely documented as a fail.

fail. this word is overused, but it works here. how the hell does a company full of smart, intelligent brainiacs sit back, overlook the problems of their work and not make one effort to address them? this to me is a fail. if i reviewed my work and allowed it to be released blatantly incorrect and told my boss i fixed something only to have it wrong, repeatedly, i would be jobless.

bullies. this article describes one hundred percent what they've done to competition and anyone who voices concerns about ncaa for the better of the community. their is no respectable ncaa site that just attacks and tries to hurt ea's business. every negative article written abotu the game or the company is written with the best of intentions to warn consumers about potential flaws. consumers that ea should care about in the first place.

this company has become shady in the way it treats the loyal customers, fortunately for ea, there's no other company to even consider for a competitive football game.

Last edited by voltool16; 09-15-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »