Home

A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

This is a discussion on A Letter to EA and to all the community sites within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #57
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: A Letter to EA and to all the community sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I somewhat see your point, but this is a letter to a company by a group of people who are not happy with a product. I am sure in their heads they tempered this back quite a bit. If they tempered back much more this letter doesn't pack any punch as a call to action. It is a tough line to walk, but for the reasons I mentioned I think the letter does an excellent job.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think their points are valid, i share many of the same frustrations, but I think it loses punch because it's poorly written
Old 09-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #58
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think their points are valid, i share many of the same frustrations, but I think it loses punch because it's poorly written
Right on...
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 09-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 14

Keith121212
Very well written, you expressed my thoughts exactly.
My only regret is that I can only hit the "like" button once
.......oh and that EA fooled me out of $60 again, traded it in though the other day to help pay for NBA2k12
Old 09-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

The unfortunate thing for all of us who are disappointed with the quality of this game is that, believe it or not, the ones of us that use these forums (all of them, combined), are in the minority of the people who play this game. If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd say the percentage of people that use the forums where all the complaints are being made, probably make up between 20-30% MAX of people who actually buy the game.

You see, I believe there are two groups of people that buy this game. There are the hardcore fans (us), which make up appx. 20-30% of the consumers, and are unsatisfied with the product because it is not as advertised, it has bugs/doesn't function properly, or doesn't accurately represent a true college football atmosphere. Then there are the rest of the consumers, the people who buy the game because they want to play the newest football video game with their buddies. They don't really care that many of the features don't work because they don't spend much time using them, and if it breaks, then they don't retaliate, or ask for their money back. They trade it in for 15 bucks and buy Madden.

It's true what people are saying about not buying next year's game being the only thing that will force them to reevaluate their business model. The problem is, even if the hardcore fans don't buy the game, the majority of the consumers will because they are not worried about the game not being great. They are totally content with the garbage that EA has given us because they are ignorant to what the ncaa football games COULD be. However, most of the hardcore fans, as much as it displeases me, will likely buy the game next year, desperately hoping that perhaps it will be different then. And the businessmen that control the resources to make this game know this.

That's why it probably isn't going to change. All we can do though, is exactly what the guys who wrote this message have done. Spread the word that EA is taking advantage of us, and don't buy it next year, or at least wait and buy it after everyone else trades it in.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 8

Please fix any freezing issues for on and offline. It's ruining the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #62
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty
What does the exclusivity have to do with the quality of the game? If EA actually made a game that worked as advertised, nobody would care that they had exclusive rights.

People are pissed about exclusive rights because they're lied to and sold features that don't work, and for all intents and purposes one of the big sources of the pure laziness we see is because EA is the only show in town.

Everything goes back to the game being trash.
They have no incentive to make a game that "works as advertised". At least no REAL incentive. They can loaf for two years and not have to WORRY about competition. C'mon man.

When you're running against no one but yourself, you tend to stop trying so hard.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #63
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
They have no incentive to make a game that "works as advertised". At least no REAL incentive. They can loaf for two years and not have to WORRY about competition. C'mon man.

When you're running against no one but yourself, you tend to stop trying so hard.
When you start talking more about the business of the industry and talking about the 'incentive' of professionals to do their jobs is when you lose a lot of the rational people on the topic and why some think exclusivity has little to do with the end result.

If you didn't notice, threads like this are one form of incentive, if done constructively.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

I still don't see any examples of how this is "poorly-written" or "whining" or "venomous".

I guess its subjective to the reader's POV, but it doesn't seem to be the case to me and a lot of others that have posted on this forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »