Home

What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

This is a discussion on What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want to see improved in NCAA 13
WR/DB Interaction 208 65.41%
Offensive/Defenisve Line Interaction 166 52.20%
CPU Ball Carrier Logic - Usage of special moves, improved ball carrier vision, using the entire field when running 148 46.54%
Tackling 93 29.25%
Commentary 165 51.89%
Dynamic Weather 110 34.59%
Dynasty 190 59.75%
Road to Glory 66 20.75%
Special Teams - blocking on returns and blocking of FGs/Punts 149 46.86%
Presentation - Pregame, Halftime, Post Game 152 47.80%
Coach Mode - coach mode online, coach mode online dynasty 46 14.47%
Sliders - More sliders 105 33.02%
Ratings - Expanded IE: scramble, deep throw accuracy, medium accuracy, short, accuracy, throw on the run, DPP, roll out 171 53.77%
Player Models - Body types, stances, running styles, throwing styles, hair styles 137 43.08%
Equipment 90 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #41
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

There are some things I think the game can improve on.

The first one that jumps out at me is the passing game for both sides, the CPU succeeds in a lot of "gamble" plays when the QB lobs it into triple coverage. Your DBs won't stop and attempt to bat the ball down, but the CPU WR can stop and outleap your DB. If you flip that situation over and it was your WR, he wouldn't try to go up for the ball, but instead try to catch the ball on the run while the DBs can square up and bat it down (or pick it off, since it is always a poor decision to lob one up in triple coverage anyways).

Let's take it a step further, I hope they can work on the pass interference logic. It's not called enough in this game on both sides. I think it's tough to implement, but I've seen plenty of times on both sides when the QB throws the ball in the air, while it's in the air going towards the intended receiver, a defender who's is not covering the guy or is in zone but not in the area would stand there and get in the receiver's way.

"Snapped Jump" should only help with the CPU's pass rushing or run-stuffing, but should never help their defensive backs/linebackers in coverage, especially when I still execute the play perfectly only for the wideout to drop the ball once touched by a corner or even worse fumble. It appears to me that everyone somehow gets a bump in ratings for that play.

Last, could I put a request in to move the L3 button on defense that allows a player to stay locked in one position. It's a good feature, but sometimes I accidentally press it and the camera changes and throws me off for that play.

As for the absurd dynasty simulation, perhaps stats can be toned down, but this is just my opinion, it's great to see teams that really have no shot at anything in real life turn things around and like-wise, top programs falling from grace. Some people want "realism" in that you'd never see SJSU with a winning record, Houston playing in the NC, or LSU falling to a 2-star program, but I like that it's a bit "loose" this year. Perhpas more customization options in the dynasty would help (conference prestige for one, I still think it could be a little dynamic depending on the schools in the conference and how they're doing, for instance should BSU leave along with AF from the MWC, they would go from a B to a C or lower in conference prestige.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Offensive/Defenisve Line Interaction

It all starts in the trenches. Run-blocking is decent, but pass-blocking is a pain. And please: FIX THE PANKAGES-STATS!!!

WR/DB Interaction

Make them fight for the ball, grab the jersey (take a look at FIFA), etc. Would prevent all the INTs and could lead to Interferences/Holdings beeing called.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:02 AM   #43
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

I want an option only in online dynasties, where you can look in and watch other members' games. That'd be cool. Obviously you can't do this on a wide scale because of the servers, but the option in only online dynasties would be really cool. My friends and I always want to watch each others bowl games or when there's a head to head user matchup.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

My only wish is that they get NCAA 12 working correctly , cause I am not buying 13 until you guys are done testing it for them .
Old 10-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #45
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
I'm no programmer so I'm going to ask, why do you think it can't be done? Easily, probably not but why can't it be done? Trust me, I have no idea what a mo-cap is, I have no clue what a physics engine is or even a canned animation. I couldn't tell you the first thing about a program but it seems like you have some knowledge of this.
Oh, no, I definitely have zero programming knowledge. But I have played every year of NCAA since 2003 and am a student of the (real life) game. It just seems to me that given the way interactions are set up - with both WRs and CBs just running obliviously to a predetermined point - that instituting a FIFA-like system where players jockey for position and get the ball at its highest point would require a wholesale reworking of that aspect of the game.

DL/OL are conceptually the same in that they appear to battle at a static point and only win/lose in a binary fashion. IRL linemen push and pull so that the interactions occur on multiple axes (ex: interior OLs being driven back into the backfield rather than being magically swim-moved at the LOS the instant the ball is snapped). And that is setting aside the blocking schemes that totally need to be reworked, too. Scoop blocking, proper cut blocking on appropriate plays, double-teaming on passblocks, etc etc (it's a long list) are all nonexistent.

TL;DR: it's too much work to have to do for a late-year current gen system. If EA Tiburon is serious about fixing these problems, they'll have to spend too much time (equaling money) resolving them. It probably just makes more fiscal sense to build the solutions into a new engine for a new next-gen system (NCAA 14?).

But even that's probably just wishful thinking.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Last edited by WipeOut464; 10-28-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #46
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

It isn't impossible, considering they are still using the same engine from NCAA 08, look at all the things they added to the engine since 08.

1. Break out animation windows was added in 09.

2. Pocket forming and the whole OL/DL interaction was re-done was in 10.

3. Real assignment AI and momentum was added in 11.

4. Zone defense logic and QB scrambles were added in 12.

I come from a programming and design back ground. Therefore I know stuff can always be changed, because essentially most times you not really adding anything, you just changing the parameters of when certain animations play out and the path logic of what they should follow while they are doing these animations.

Basically you just shuffling numbers around. That is why I never buy that cop out excuse of we need a new engine or well they only have a year to do things, it is just an EXCUSE, that is all it is.

Matter of fact, to further prove it is just an excuse, they have a guy who was just hired this month ALREADY got something fixed in Madden 12 and it went live this monday. And he hasn't even been there a full month yet.

A person just have to have the will and desire to WANT to do something.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #47
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
There are some things I think the game can improve on.

The first one that jumps out at me is the passing game for both sides, the CPU succeeds in a lot of "gamble" plays when the QB lobs it into triple coverage. Your DBs won't stop and attempt to bat the ball down, but the CPU WR can stop and outleap your DB. If you flip that situation over and it was your WR, he wouldn't try to go up for the ball, but instead try to catch the ball on the run while the DBs can square up and bat it down (or pick it off, since it is always a poor decision to lob one up in triple coverage anyways).

Let's take it a step further, I hope they can work on the pass interference logic. It's not called enough in this game on both sides. I think it's tough to implement, but I've seen plenty of times on both sides when the QB throws the ball in the air, while it's in the air going towards the intended receiver, a defender who's is not covering the guy or is in zone but not in the area would stand there and get in the receiver's way.

"Snapped Jump" should only help with the CPU's pass rushing or run-stuffing, but should never help their defensive backs/linebackers in coverage, especially when I still execute the play perfectly only for the wideout to drop the ball once touched by a corner or even worse fumble. It appears to me that everyone somehow gets a bump in ratings for that play.

Last, could I put a request in to move the L3 button on defense that allows a player to stay locked in one position. It's a good feature, but sometimes I accidentally press it and the camera changes and throws me off for that play.

As for the absurd dynasty simulation, perhaps stats can be toned down, but this is just my opinion, it's great to see teams that really have no shot at anything in real life turn things around and like-wise, top programs falling from grace. Some people want "realism" in that you'd never see SJSU with a winning record, Houston playing in the NC, or LSU falling to a 2-star program, but I like that it's a bit "loose" this year. Perhpas more customization options in the dynasty would help (conference prestige for one, I still think it could be a little dynamic depending on the schools in the conference and how they're doing, for instance should BSU leave along with AF from the MWC, they would go from a B to a C or lower in conference prestige.)
20 years ago no one could ever forsee ND or Mich having the run of years they have been having.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #48
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
but I like that it's a bit "loose" this year.
I wouldn't consider it loose, I would consider it being realistic in the sense that anything that can happen and teams can change. I mean in real life look how far Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn St, Florida St, Miami, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M have fallen.

But on the flip side, when I was a kid, if you ever told me TCU, Boise St, Oregon, Kansas St, Arkansas, Texas Tech and Stanford would become household names as power houses, I would have told you what the hell are you smoking ?

When I was a kid, the following were what conferences was known for, because these teams dominated their conference:

PAC 10:

USC, UCLA

BIG 10

Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St

ACC

Florida St, VT, Miami

Big 12

Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M

SEC

Florida, Alabama

25 years later.......my how times have changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »