Home

Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

This is a discussion on Why has EA not implented a Spring Game?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #25
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That's all well and good, but my (very clear) point was that, as a community, everyone has complained about preseason-type games.
Your point was clear, but it's not a very strong or logical one. Just because people complain about something in Madden, means it shouldn't be in NCAA? When it would consist of just one spring game? Or possibly a more fleshed out off-season? Has anyone complained about a pre-season type game in an NCAA game? Not that I can recall.. Hence, the point of this thread. And the responses in it.

I think it's pretty obvious people want some sort of addition to dynasty in the form of either a spring game, high school all-star game, or even a senior bowl type game for the leaving NCAA players. It all adds to the experience. This game doesn't capture college football in its entirety. It needs something, ANYTHING.

Is that something a spring game? Maybe not. It could just be that scrimmage mode added to the practice mode already within the game, maybe just make that accessible to the user in the pre-season, that would work too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #26
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
That's all well and good, but my (very clear) point was that, as a community, everyone has complained about preseason-type games.
While this is true, I think that in this thread people are asking for the game to be there AND mean something (the requests go hand in hand IMO).

Now I haven't played Madden 12 so I am sorry if preseason matters now, but it never did in the past. I like ideas about team chemistry and other things that would make the spring game matter.

I don't think many people complained that the preseason games were in Madden, they complained that there was no reason to play them.

Sideshow Bob
Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #27
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm all for a HS all star game that's used for evaluation. That sounds good to me. Spring game? Meh. Even the new mechanics in Madden 12 aren't really worth playing for me. /sim
Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'm all for a HS all star game that's used for evaluation. That sounds good to me. Spring game? Meh. Even the new mechanics in Madden 12 aren't really worth playing for me. /sim
That's because EA still can't manage to get the preseason right. It shouldn't be that hard for them to do. It's not like a real-life model doesn't exist.

The preseason in Madden should reflect the exact purpose of the preseason in the real NFL. Just like a proposed NCAA spring game should reflect the purpose of real spring games. If EA does it right, it would be useful.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #29
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
That's because EA still can't manage to get the preseason right. It shouldn't be that hard for them to do. It's not like a real-life model doesn't exist.

The preseason in Madden should reflect the exact purpose of the preseason in the real NFL. Just like a proposed NCAA spring game should reflect the purpose of real spring games. If EA does it right, it would be useful.
That sounds nice, but I'd love to hear HOW. Tell me how you take the premise of preseason (evaluating players) and make it something useful. Right now, ratings are hidden and revealed in Madden. Are you proposing the same for NCAA? Or something different? If it isn't hard, then you have some ideas clearly.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #30
Rookie

ComebackDylan's Arena

OVR: 1

All I know is right now I have to schedule cupcakes every year to get a feel for my new kids, and I dislike doing this. Hate it in real life, hate it in the game. Spring game would be very, very cool.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #31
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

If they're going to implement a spring game, then they need to add in HS/JUCO early signing guys that come to school in the spring and practice with the team. IMO, that would be the only reason to include a spring game the way NCAA is now. Maybe those guys could be included in the training results too. Let them improve slightly. In the past when they included spring games, you'd have guys on your spring roster that weren't even on your team in the fall. Some of the time they were amazing, but then you'd get to the depth chart and the guys were nowhere to be found.

Or, here's another suggestion: Have a "early season scrimmage" which would essentially be a spring game, but all your new recruits would be included. It could be one of the very first things on your pre-season list. Right before cuts, redshirts and depth chart. You'd play offense vs defense for 2 quarters then it's over. I understand that isn't 100% realistic, but I think more people would rather have this than a useless spring game, if only to get used to the new players and try and set up the depth chart.

Also, I don't believe there's a way to include a high-school all-star game and have it actually be useful. They usually play it in real life in December, but how would that help the NCAA game? Recruiting is over by then in the game, and the HSAS game would pointless and simmed by everyone. If they're going to include it they need to have it in the PRE-season area, when recruiting hasn't started. I'd still sim it, because I don't want to have to play through another game when I'm about to start a new season.

Last edited by BA2929; 01-25-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 13

Because EA is lazy and doesnt care. Put in some finer graphics, change some style of play and call it new. NCAA had the spring game before and they will probably again and call that new aswell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »