Home

Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

This is a discussion on Why has EA not implented a Spring Game?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #41
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
It's a glorified practice people. And it's a video game. Numbers dictate how good a player is. Don't bring up the "position battle" act. If you have two players at one position with the same overall, take a look at what you want for that position and choose one or use formation subs.

I can kind of understand an AA game, since ratings are unknown until the new season starts, but a Spring game is a formula for one thing only: A scapegoat for complaints (EA an put in a spring game sure, but they can't put in x and y)
I think you're missing the point myself and others made. A spring game would go hand in hand with some sort of training regimen or position battle feature where two or three guys battling for one depth chart spot can battle it out and the one who performs the best gets some sort of ratings bump to put him over the top, just as players who have a great spring and fall camp are likely to get the nod for playing time.

I think what everyone wants is for the spring game to be the finale of a more thorough off-season experience, one where there are position battles and where training and conditioning is tied to some sort of team/coach rating and not an arbitrary "training results" section.

A spring game on it's own, within the current system, would be truly pointless. Although an expanded practice mode within dynasty would not be and would be a welcome alternative to a spring game type system. Trust me when I say that in real life, for guys fighting for chance, the spring game is their Super Bowl and an opportunity to get noticed when they otherwise would not be. Wouldn't it be kind of nice if something like that existed here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That's all well and good, but my (very clear) point was that, as a community, everyone has complained about preseason-type games.
This gives a biased opinion because only people with problems voice their opinion. You don't see people jump in and start threads about features they love.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think they may have had it in either the ps1 and or ps2 version. One of the many things they cut out when they go to the next generation, so they can put it in later and call it an innovative new feature.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #44
Rookie

you could also have it as a recruiting week too.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #45
Rookie

one last thing, may have already been mentioned. But they could then have training results released in off-season mode after the spring game. How players play gives certain boosts of ratings. It's no different than playing high school mode before playing rtg mode or whatever it's called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #46
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

First off, fans of the actual game don't even like the preseason, where as Spring Games much like Midnight Madness (cough 2k8 cough) are heavily anticipated especially at bigger colleges. There's a stark difference.

Yes you can just look at numbers but when they are making a 'sim' game there are more than just numbers. The game is lifeless as it stands. Spring games / training regimens/ position battles adds a little bit of life to the game.

Yes it could be skipped over, but considering the amount of time they wasted into the pregame cut scenes that are largely skipped over, an optional game at the start of every season and some basic training options seems less of a fuss to whine about.

In short Preseason isn't a Spring Game

Dynasty is lifeless.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #47
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Whatever, I look forward to preseason. It's the time to check out the rookies and see how the depth is going to shape up. Maybe casual NFL fans don't care about preseason, but the deeper fans certainly care. Everyone wants to see how the rookie class will shape up.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #48
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Its real simple...put it in because its apart of the college football experience. If its in at least the gamer has the chance to choose between playing and simming. Better that than some Mascot game.

EA needs to capture the college football experience in its fullness...from recruiting to atmosphere to presentation to gameplay. That's all people are asking for. This was just one idea of many that people wanna see because its apart of college football. Make no mistake its big because ESPN televises them and the Bamas of the world can sell out the stadium for this scrimmage. Heck, even College Hoops 2k8 had Midnight Madness...the first practice scrimmage of the season. A lot of people prolly simmed through it. But at least it was in there to play and get a feel for your squad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »