Home

I'm sick of the computer cheating

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the computer cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I'm sick of the computer cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Just wait. It's coming.

Just finished year one of my USC dynasty. You will get the Robo QB game against you. You will get the Techmo Bo Jackson game against you. Your defenders will go brain dead a few games. Guaranteed.

In my last game (haven't played my bowl game yet) Notre Dame's QB's shredded me for 590 yards. My mistake? I went up 21-0 in the 1st quarter. Mind you this is their freshman scrambler QB and his back up. They flat out went Robo. Every pass they completed was for over 10 yards to ensure the clock would stop. Receivers caught everything. QB's under immense pressure. Changed D's gave them different looks. Didn't matter. Deadly accurate. They threw off of their back foot. Threw patterns that are not in any playbook. I was locked out of the ability to break up a pass on the sidelines. Once the WR went into the toe tap all functionality went away on my controller until the pass was caught. I injured the starter twice and the backup who'd you may imagine might be a little shaky coming into a big game on the road throws 1 play TD's both times he enters the game.

Mind you, my MLB won the Butkus. My LDE was 1st team All-American. And get this, 3/4th of my secondary were All-Americans. Yet, my entire secondary couldn't cover and my safeties in particular ran away from any shot at breaking up a play. Literally ran the opposite direction. So, yeah the majority of the games play pretty fair but, when the cpu decides it's going to do something it will. Stats, skills, strategy be damned.

Other cheats along the way I've seen included a guard ghosting through the back of his running back (different game) so he could block my LB about to make a tackle. And one QB on a scramble break 5 tackles including one where he briefly went through the tackler.
LOL I love posts like this with all the crazy things that happened but no one ever has video or anything to back it up. I am sure the game is conspiring against you to wreck your perfect season.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat8168
LOL I love posts like this with all the crazy things that happened but no one ever has video or anything to back it up. I am sure the game is conspiring against you to wreck your perfect season.
Umm yeah. I'm in my 40's, own a company, and have 2 kids that have graduated from college, one of them an all-american track athlete and I come on video game forums and make up stories about the cpu cheating. Yep.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #115
Rookie

illini4life's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Umm yeah. I'm in my 40's, own a company, and have 2 kids that have graduated from college, one of them an all-american track athlete and I come on video game forums and make up stories about the cpu cheating. Yep.
congratulations?

COLLEGE
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE UofI
Fighting Illini!

MLB
Dodgers!

PSN: coocath110

OSCFL- Purdue Boilermakers
Three yards and a cloud of dust- Kansas St. Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #116
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Just wait. It's coming.

Just finished year one of my USC dynasty. You will get the Robo QB game against you. You will get the Techmo Bo Jackson game against you. Your defenders will go brain dead a few games. Guaranteed.

In my last game (haven't played my bowl game yet) Notre Dame's QB's shredded me for 590 yards. My mistake? I went up 21-0 in the 1st quarter. Mind you this is their freshman scrambler QB and his back up. They flat out went Robo. Every pass they completed was for over 10 yards to ensure the clock would stop. Receivers caught everything. QB's under immense pressure. Changed D's gave them different looks. Didn't matter. Deadly accurate. They threw off of their back foot. Threw patterns that are not in any playbook. I was locked out of the ability to break up a pass on the sidelines. Once the WR went into the toe tap all functionality went away on my controller until the pass was caught. I injured the starter twice and the backup who'd you may imagine might be a little shaky coming into a big game on the road throws 1 play TD's both times he enters the game.

Mind you, my MLB won the Butkus. My LDE was 1st team All-American. And get this, 3/4th of my secondary were All-Americans. Yet, my entire secondary couldn't cover and my safeties in particular ran away from any shot at breaking up a play. Literally ran the opposite direction. So, yeah the majority of the games play pretty fair but, when the cpu decides it's going to do something it will. Stats, skills, strategy be damned.

Other cheats along the way I've seen included a guard ghosting through the back of his running back (different game) so he could block my LB about to make a tackle. And one QB on a scramble break 5 tackles including one where he briefly went through the tackler.
so u want the cpu to play the same everygame? in real life guys step u a game above all others sometimes. Is that cheating? And im sure the game isnt making a attempt at cheating to beat u when guys glitch and morph into each other. Haha, Im picturing a pixel huddle of guys saying lets show this guy that he cant mess with us.. Haha, awesome. Thats just video games man. maybe ur team was looking ahead. ; )
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #117
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by illini4life
congratulations?
Thanks!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
so u want the cpu to play the same everygame? in real life guys step u a game above all others sometimes. Is that cheating? And im sure the game isnt making a attempt at cheating to beat u when guys glitch and morph into each other. Haha, Im picturing a pixel huddle of guys saying lets show this guy that he cant mess with us.. Haha, awesome. Thats just video games man. maybe ur team was looking ahead. ; )
Did I say I wanted the cpu to play the same game every time??? No. But, I've played the game long enough to know there are certain games where you know the cpu is going to give you a game. Sometimes you get a blowout, sometimes you get blown out. Sometimes the cpu seems determined to get a "greatest game" type of game. And yes, there are times the cpu players play well above their ratings and your guys play well below theirs.

However, take an All-American cornerback like Patrick Peterson or Morris Claibourne. How many times have you seen them get routinely beat in man coverage by WRs that are far inferior? A couple times in a year? Maybe? But, guys significantly slower beating them by 5 yards on the regular? Nah. Not happening. Your team can be looking ahead all it wants but, some things ring true regardless.

And the glitchy stuff happened in different games but, only happened when the cpu was in "Robo QB" mode. When the QB can't miss or trucks your MLB and breaks 5 tackles. In other words the cpu is so determined to score in those situations that the outcome seems so pre-determined that it will get the desired outcome even when impossible stuff happens.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #119
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Well I have videos and will be putting them together in a day or two. I am trading the game in today, it's trash. Just like last year. Unplayable. The CPU cheating I just can't tolerate anymore. Even with a 10-1 record now. The way you have to win against the CPU is pure B.S.

Heisman is just plain garbage. But when you turn it down to All-American, and you're up 21-0 and get called for WAIT FOR IT!! (9 Holding penalties in one half?) while the CPU gets zero? This on 6 minute quarters. 9 freaking holding penalties? Then due to this I end uo throwing 4 ints to all of a sudden, SUPERMAN DB's.

Screen plays I get sacked by DE's who all of a sudden are going to be running the 100 yard dash in the 2012 Summer Olympics. I lose 38-24.

Now here is the kicker to it all. USER Coverage set to 100. Meaningless. My DB's are the dumbest thing walkin.

USER Run blocking set to 80. Meaningless. The O-line play on this game is below ********.

Speed Threshold set to 0. Meaningless. The CPU speed when it wants to cheat you is unstoppable. I even had a CPU defender try to big hit my RB from behind, miss and look stupid, regain balance and run me down within a 5 yard sprint. It was the fakest and silliest looking thing I've seen since I had the game. And pretty much ensured it being traded in.

CPU knows when I'm running the option. Knows what direction I'm running. Knows the hole I'm going to hit, (in which it promptly blows up the o-linemen in that hole, or just blasts through it untouched)
Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #120
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
Well I have videos and will be putting them together in a day or two. I am trading the game in today, it's trash. Just like last year. Unplayable. The CPU cheating I just can't tolerate anymore. Even with a 10-1 record now. The way you have to win against the CPU is pure B.S.

Heisman is just plain garbage. But when you turn it down to All-American, and you're up 21-0 and get called for WAIT FOR IT!! (9 Holding penalties in one half?) while the CPU gets zero? This on 6 minute quarters. 9 freaking holding penalties? Then due to this I end uo throwing 4 ints to all of a sudden, SUPERMAN DB's.

Screen plays I get sacked by DE's who all of a sudden are going to be running the 100 yard dash in the 2012 Summer Olympics. I lose 38-24.

Now here is the kicker to it all. USER Coverage set to 100. Meaningless. My DB's are the dumbest thing walkin.

USER Run blocking set to 80. Meaningless. The O-line play on this game is below ********.

Speed Threshold set to 0. Meaningless. The CPU speed when it wants to cheat you is unstoppable. I even had a CPU defender try to big hit my RB from behind, miss and look stupid, regain balance and run me down within a 5 yard sprint. It was the fakest and silliest looking thing I've seen since I had the game. And pretty much ensured it being traded in.

CPU knows when I'm running the option. Knows what direction I'm running. Knows the hole I'm going to hit, (in which it promptly blows up the o-linemen in that hole, or just blasts through it untouched)

Im almost at this point myself. I usually dont trade this in for madden, but considering that you cant import players, i dont know why i would keep it. Running the option is almost futile. The CPU still ALWAYS knows what play youre running. I tried using Ga Tech's offense, and EVERY TIME i tried to run a normal fullback dive they defense squeezed their defensive line. It is infuriating. Maybe robo QB is a myth. Maybe i did need to get all those false starts, maybe my blockers really cant focus on who to block on certain downs, maybe their running back just really was going to break that one tackle that he needed to get into the endzone, but having the defense almost always know where run plays are going, having their linebackers consistently crash the perfect hole like this is tecmo bowl is soooo infuriating. The defense always lines up in the best possible position to stop the run, they never make mistakes, they never blitz the wrong hole. They took out the Coner crash cheat and the run/pass formation cheat and added more BS to replace it.

Why does the NCAA dev team force the game to cheat us in order to be challenging(on heisman and All all american at least i havent tried varsity yet)? I really dont understand it. Maybe im not seeing it, but i have hardly ever felt cheated in madden the way i do in NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »