Home

NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjusted

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjusted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 19
Well usually (from my understanding) in real life if a defender has his back to the ball he usually can "guess" when to swat or turn around by looking at the reaction of the receiver. Usually some sort of movement to go for a catch or the eyes is how they do it, so it is possible to swat when not looking at the ball.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Then EA has no clue what they're doing. If LB's are reacting differently to the option than blocking ABSOLUTELY MUST be different. The line better be blocking differently depending on where LB's are, or where D-Linemen are or where safeties are. If they're not blocking differently, something is broken. If the QB isn't affected in decision making or where he goes with the ball, something else is broken. There is no such thing as affecting only one thing in gameplay. Tweaking anything SHOULD change something else too...and based on my 5 games since, there are several things different.
Maybe EA only tweaked LB reaction to the option, which triggered a chain reaction of different player reactions on the field.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #35
Banned

Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Details Included (8-1-12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
You should probably be able to swat the ball the though. Maybe tie it to awareness but good corners and safeties will sometimes get their hands up to block the ball with their back to it because they can see the wr putting his hands out for it.
This happens in the game though. I've seen several times where the DB is face guarding the WR. The WR jumps up and catches the ball but when he brings the ball down, the DB punches the ball out if his hands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by arotwlv
Well usually (from my understanding) in real life if a defender has his back to the ball he usually can "guess" when to swat or turn around by looking at the reaction of the receiver. Usually some sort of movement to go for a catch or the eyes is how they do it, so it is possible to swat when not looking at the ball.
of course but at whaat percent and how do the program that percent in to make it work with no eyes on ball. Im sure that it will be addressed in future. Would rather have to look at ball than be like last year where ur can swat at anytime with great success
Old 08-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
THIS. I think its funny that some people get mad because they can't switch to the DB and swat or try to INT the ball. Guess what. If the DB has his back to the ball and can't see the ball, he should not be able to INT the ball. Just because you control him and see the ball doesn't mean the DB sees the ball.

I see your point but there has been a lot of times my DB was looking at the ball and yet no swat was triggered when i pushed the button.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major9
I see your point but there has been a lot of times my DB was looking at the ball and yet no swat was triggered when i pushed the button.
Now that is a defect.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
THIS. I think its funny that some people get mad because they can't switch to the DB and swat or try to INT the ball. Guess what. If the DB has his back to the ball and can't see the ball, he should not be able to INT the ball. Just because you control him and see the ball doesn't mean the DB sees the ball.
I have had absolutely no issues with swat or user picks. Like you said, they have to be looking at the ball. But, IRL i guess you can say that a d-back can watch the receivers eyes and just throw up their arms to try and deflect it. Everytime i hit triangle to defend a pass, it works fine for me. I think people hit it too late which i have done before and that will prevent you from defending. As far as the option, i am looking forward to seeing this tuner in action. Does everyone understand that the option is useless against a fast defense? Unless it is ran perfectly, trying to run an option side to side is not going to work against speed. There is a time and place for the option. It wont work on some teams. Sometimes, its just a bad matchup.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #40
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arotwlv
so the masses rant and rave that defenders make plays on the ball "AND THEY AREN'T EVEN LOOKING AT IT!!!" omg.... now EA fixes it so the defender has to see the ball before they react and make a play, and you're going to complain about that too?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »